Thread: Rebate "Must be Postmarked by" date missed - Havn't missed "Must be Recieved by" date

Phone
    Motorola v220
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Rebate "Must be Postmarked by" date missed - Havn't missed "Must be Recieved by" date

I bought two 6555's during the AT&T buy one get one free promotion when you sign up for 2 years. I had some problems with them, so I focused on warranty's and returns and forgot about the rebate.

Well, I bought the phones October 25. On the rebate forms it says:
    • "Purchase Between These Dates (Offer Start an End Dates)": 9/16/07 and 11/3/07
    • "Your Rebate Must be Postmarked by": 12/3/07
    • "You Rebate Must be Received by": 12/17/07

It's 12/7/07 now, so I missed the postmarked by date. If I overnight it tomorrow and get it to the rebate guys at AT&T before 12/17/07, do you think they will still rebate me?

I'm so pissed at myself for forgetting this. Not doing these rebates completely negates the two for one special.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    They will either honor the late postmark or they won't. Regular mail will arrive by December 17, 2007. Why throw good money after bad by paying extra for delivery when they might reject it anyway? They might overlook the postmark date because of the Christmas mailing crush. There would be no excuse if you sent it late by overnight delivery.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Nokia 6126 and 6133
    LG C1500
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would suspect their interpretation will be that the rebate should be postmalked NLT 03 Dec and (not or ) received NLT 17 Dec.

Just my guess. It is their game and they get to make the rules.

Phones
    Treo 750
    CU500
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The companies that handle rebates for other companies generally have an incentive to reject rebates. It is not like you bought the item from THEM.

From what I've read, rebate companies tend to win bids by offering the lowest average payback, and ways they can do that is being stringent on dotting every I, crossing every T, etc. And to make matters worse for the industry, some (ALL?) companies have a tendency to lose receipts, then claim you didn't send them, even when by lose, they mean throw them in the trash.

Hope you forget about the rebate you are supposed to receive. Why else do you have to wait 12 weeks or longer for your rebate. They hope you forget about that $10 rebate.
    iPhone 5. Nexus available in case of emergency. iPad 3 LTE.

Phones
    SE 760a/c905a Current
    Nextel 580 current-Wifes
    W518a - Kid
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I would send them in adn if they rejected call customer service, explain about the issues you had, if you did any swaps or called it it SHOULD all be documented, if you find a nice persona dn don't act a fool they may very well issues a credit for the rebates instead.
    Though I would also bet ATT will honor the rebates, Its not like you're dealing with a small mom and pop store/company

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU
    I would send them in adn if they rejected call customer service, explain about the issues you had, if you did any swaps or called it it SHOULD all be documented, if you find a nice persona dn don't act a fool they may very well issues a credit for the rebates instead.
    Though I would also bet ATT will honor the rebates, Its not like you're dealing with a small mom and pop store/company
    the best thing that you could do is to send in the rebates. Should you receive a rejection letter, call CS and see if they would call the rebate company to ask them to process the rebate. Usually CS can get the rebate pushed through on a one time exception. Also understand that CS is not suppose to issue credits to your account for the rebates. The rebate is to be issued directly through the rebate company.

My 2000 post was posted on 4/19/2010 at 23:45.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=409

Phones
    nokia N75
    nokia 6230
    nokia 2190
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I sent mine in late. (although in enough time for the receive by date) I kept checking rebate status online, and calling when it never showed. the first two times I called, they said to just wait, it will show up. The third time, now six or eight weeks after the received by date, they took my information over the phone. I got my rebates. It was for four phones, so $200.00 was just too much to leave on the table. Remember to make photocopies of the form, receipt and phone box side panel. I was prepared to resend, but was only asked for the info.