Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need some input from Tilt owners. Is it the best phone for me?

Feedback Score

I need some input from Tilt owners. Is it the best phone for me?

I've almost made up my mind on the tilt. I'm going to be using my phone mostly for web browsing, outlook, maybe a little word, multimedia, and as a tethered modem on my laptop (thinkpad t61). The tilt looks awesome and I stopped by an ATT store and played with it a bit to get a feel for it. I'm wondering if any owners can give any insight or their impressions of the phone before I buckle down and purchase it. Thanks.

Device(s)
    AT&T tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    im on my tilt right now. it's a great phone. I had a 8125 for two years and this phone is much smaller and faster. It wil do everything you need. Make sure to download live search it works great.

Device(s)
    Xda Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    other than its size and weight, which are good considering all that it has, its literally perfect otherwise...it hit my dream-list which was compiled years ago.

its a good size like the magician, the wifi i gained in the prophet, the gps i experienced with the hw6515, the scroll wheel of the trinity and blackberries, the nice keyboard from the herald, the fast processor unlike htc's omaps of the past, and easy-access memory card unlike the artemis. i'm on t-mobile, but 3g would've been a killer

but for me, size and weight are EXTREMELY important. at the moment, i'm between the tilt in one pocket and still carrying my htc artemis in the other pocket, though its slower and lacks a few features, but it sure feels great when carried

Feedback Score
    thanks for the input. how does the tilt compare to the titan on sprint and verizons networks?

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    well i just bought the tilt a week ago and it's seriously the best phone ever! it has everything you want and more. the only problem is, well for me, you have to hard reset a lot because the screen would freeze and the battery life eats up quick. right now, i'm having problems with my phone because the power button is not working. it could be because i download some stuff onto my phone like the freeware stuff =/ but i might have to return and get another one because this phone is simply the best out there! just wish the bugs and stuff wouldn't be such a problem!

Device(s)
    AT&T tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how do you reset the phone? I have been taking out the battery when it locks up.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    well i'm not sure if this is the way to hard reset your phone but i just press the power button and turn it back on and it's back to normal. too bad my phone is not working when i'm pressing my power button =/

Device(s)
    HTC-8900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Use your stylus to poke the little hole next to the usb plug.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jawknee530
    I've almost made up my mind on the tilt. I'm going to be using my phone mostly for web browsing, outlook, maybe a little word, multimedia, and as a tethered modem on my laptop (thinkpad t61). The tilt looks awesome and I stopped by an ATT store and played with it a bit to get a feel for it. I'm wondering if any owners can give any insight or their impressions of the phone before I buckle down and purchase it. Thanks.
    My brother had it and loved it. I played with it and it's just a great phone. However, there are a bunch of bad ones out there. My brother had to take his back because the BT stack wasn't acking right. No range at all. Since the Tilt is going to be the best value for your money (if you're going with AT&T that is) I suggest getting one and testing the heck out of it to make sure everything works while you're in your return window. If it doesn't work right, take it back and get another one until you find one that works.

BTW, I'm using the Artemis with a cooked ROM and this phone is just awesome with touchflo. However, the downside is playing games. I've got Atari, Arcade classics, PlayStation, and Nintendo emulators and can't play the games well because it doesn't have a regular D-pad. Oh, well.

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond Fully flashed to cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I wish i had the Tilt. I was about to buy it and go with at&t but i decided to stay with cricket and flash my mogul 6800. come on its a 3 mega pixl camra BRO! I would go for it!

Feedback Score
    I still have the T-Mo MDA/Wizard and I'm wondering about the Tilt as a replacement, but the constant rebooting scares me--I had that with the 6315 Ipaq by HP from T-mo and it was a problem.

What is a good upg to the Wizard? I'd like to be able to use 4g or 8g mem chips, and not have to empty memory periodically. I'd also like better Bluetooth connectivity. It's truly painful to connect using the MDA and it doesn't tell you what's going on.

Device(s)
    TilT
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    I love my Tilt flashed with a Kaiser ROM its nice and fast compared to when i first got it with all the ATT bloated software. I have since left ATT and use it now with Tmobile, I originally wanted an Iphone but this phone blows it out of the water. So many feature and so customizable also. As for the resets only happens if i down load something new to the phone just like a restart on a Pc.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jperez77
    I love my Tilt flashed with a Kaiser ROM its nice and fast compared to when i first got it with all the ATT bloated software. I have since left ATT and use it now with Tmobile, I originally wanted an Iphone but this phone blows it out of the water. So many feature and so customizable also. As for the resets only happens if i down load something new to the phone just like a restart on a Pc.

Do you use bluetooth much? How's the BT stack working?

Device(s)
    TilT
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    No sorry i havent even looked into getting a headset, i never used my last one so not really worried about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jperez77

No, it doesn't. I own both, and use both. I use the Tilt at work and when I have to go to an event or show, but for fun and leisure I use my modded iphone. The iphone lacks 3 things IMO that would make it better than the Tilt. Integrated GPS, recievable MMS, and a sliding QWERTY. The iPhones Safari browser is by far the BEST broswer out. The iphone is slimmer in design and nicer to carry. I can send MMS on it (not the email work around but with SwirlyMMS app). It can take video, and with the latest TrackMe app I can get a triangulation of my location and its pretty accurate. If it had GPS I'd toss my tilt on eBay and sell it for the OTB cost, since it's also modded to the teeth with a custom ROM from over at xda. The Tilt is bulky, and thats a HUGE annoyance. Veiwing ANY kind of media on it sucks. It's slower than the iphone in response time when you initiate an app. The Tilt's battery life is about half of my iphones, and thats even when I listen to podcasts for 8 straight hours. Seriously, you don't even know what you're talking about. I was an 8525 user and ROM maker over at xda. Loved my 8525. Thought about the Tilt prior to its release, but then decided to give the iphone a chance. Awesome device once jailbroken and you mod it. What it lacks though in a basic mms app and video is annoying because the 3rd party ones aren't 100% yet. They work, but as previously stated, have some setbacks. The Tilt is also an AWESOME device. I love using TomTom on it when I have to get somewhere far I've never been. TomTom blows Telenav away btw. Why pay to download maps and have breaks in your trip when TomTom draws data right from your memory card? If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the iphone, but since they both lack what the other has, I'll keep both for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast