Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: VOYAGER Software Update VX10KV05 and "How To" Guide

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I'll leave it to Mark V or Humpa to do a full "How to flash to V05" wright-up, since they are good at that.
    It should be easy now, since all the steps are worked-out and everything is up and running as it should be.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I noticed that the VerizonStandardWQVGA.ows file is in that .rar archive from Rapid Share (look in VX10000.rar\files_for_upgrade\EFS_SCR\brew\mod\obi go\usr_data\skins\). Did copying that file alone not restore your browser, or did you need the whole obigo tree?

Device(s)
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Good catch... I dont' think we copied the files from that directory in the original RAR. We just copied over the ones in brew_script. I don't think either FAUguy or I tried copying that single file over to see if it would work (I copied over every file that didn't exist in mine that did in yours), but it was my speculation a few posts ago that maybe that particular file was the missing link. I still may re-flash and try to repeat the process, this time only copying over that file to see if it works, but maybe someone who hasn't applied the V05 update yet can do that. I hate to mess with mine now that it is working

It may be that the instructions only need to be appended with "copy over the files from the VX10000.rar\files_for_upgrade\EFS_SCR\brew\mod\obi go\usr_data\skins\ directory".

What we may not know is if the VX10000.rar file has the updated version or the V03 version of that file. Who cares as long as the browser is working I guess.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    I'll leave it to Mark V or Humpa to do a full "How to flash to V05" wright-up, since they are good at that.
    It should be easy now, since all the steps are worked-out and everything is up and running as it should be.
    I'll take a few... and write something up... I'm going to write it with "caution"... i.e. instructing people to backup files from their phone FIRST as a precaution...

I probably wont post it until tomorrow... (doing some other things first..)
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    LG Voyager [Current]
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow! Sounds like the "technician" who tried to flash your phone knew he broke SOMETHING but wouldn't admit it to you. What a jerk, and then he had the nerve to say that they didn't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by rdesertguy01
    Okay so I just spent 5 hours at the Verizon store.

Do not get the update unless you need it. Before I went to the Verizon store my phone worked flawlessly, now I can’t get the browser to work on the external screen. The browser only works on the internal screen and it is very limited even on that. Example I can’t get to my favorites or anything like that.

They said that they didn’t know what happened and assured me that it was nothing that they did.

After about 2 hours of them looking at my phone and mumbling randomness they said that is all they could do for me and sent me away.

There was no way that I was going to settle for that so I decided to go to a different Verizon and ask them to reflash the software hoping it was just some sort of flashing error.

I was at the new store for about 5 minuets and they already finished flashing it (it only takes 3 minuets to flash the phone) when the guy told me that some one deleted my external internet drive so that I can only view the internet, and any GIN programs on my internal screen (including VZ nav) its super gay.

To make I long store short Verizon took care of me like they always do and ordered me a new phone it should get here by Friday well see. But the moral of the story is do not get your voyager flashed if it works fine because a lot of Verizon reps are pretty slow.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager [Current]
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got my new Voyager on Christmas Day, and right outta the box it was a dud. Resetting itself about every 15 seconds. Went to local VZW store and they told me that I must have done something to break it. Anyways long story short I finally got them to ship me a new one. Getting it Monday. Going to get the V05 update as soon as I activate it. All stores should know about it by now, right? I was reading some posts and they said that their local store had no idea it was even out.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    I'll take a few... and write something up... I'm going to write it with "caution"... i.e. instructing people to backup files from their phone FIRST as a precaution...

I probably wont post it until tomorrow... (doing some other things first..)
    Well I'll wait for your write-up before I flash mine - I can let you know if your flashing guide needs any tweaking.
    I've been sick so I haven't felt up to doing anything like flashing, though I have been following this thread (when I've been coherent enough to read it).

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (1) [ ROOTED, 2.1, STOCK ] / Samsung i910 (Omnia) / Motorola Q9m / Samsung U450
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Well I'll wait for your write-up before I flash mine - I can let you know if your flashing guide needs any tweaking.
    I've been sick so I haven't felt up to doing anything like flashing, though I have been following this thread (when I've been coherent enough to read it).
    Look forward to seeing it on humpa.com. Hope you get to feeling better.
    I'm on FACEBOOK !
    EV-DO IS FINALLY IN MY AREA!! YEA (as of 6/13/08)!!

-

(http://nnewmanmusic.net)
    Stream FM Radio to Voyager, Dare, LG EnV3 and LG EnV Touch, HOW TO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7MJpa9q00 - NEWLY REDONE!

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Test posting from the Voyager.

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 android ATT Mobley,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well, your post is here, glad you got it fixed FAUguy.

those are the kind of ordeals we try to avoid, but they do POP up from time to time.
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard,

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkleiman
    Here you go:

http://vx10khome.googlepages.com/obigo.zip

I cleared cache, cookies, etc. so hopefully this is a "clean" set of files.
    Are these from a V05 flash?

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 9/21/12, ViPhone 4 2/11/11,Droid X 7/13/10 Droid Incredible 4/28/10 Motorola Droid 11/3/09,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Test posting from the Voyager.
    So you bit the bullet, huh? No more Local digital plan?
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Preliminary HOW TO FLASH write up -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/VX10K-Flash.htm

Still need to clean up the section on fixing the Vcast Music/Video/MobileTV and Web if they are "broken" after flash...

Sorry, I went a little nuts on the screen shots!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    looking good thus far Mark. when it is complete, i will be sure to use your guide to flash my phone. i have used your stuff for all my phones in the past; all your guides are well-written with great pictures to help along the process. never apologize for too many screenshots haha

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Any suggestions on a better "how to fix" the apps at the end if needed?? or is what i Have "clear enough"?

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast