Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Thread: VOYAGER Software Update VX10KV05 and "How To" Guide

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoRaver
    Ok, so I don't understand how people are unhappy with this software flash. I have flashed dozens of these in store, no complaints about it, nor not even a dead phone afterward. I almost fried a friend's phone, but I got it out of it, so seems to me it's almost fry-proof (instead of pushing end I clicked continue). Even our display model is working without a hitch. We had to replace it once because it just stopped working, but that was on the old software. And I've seen 2 Voyagers come into our store that show the verizon wireless startup screen, and then shut off, and then show it again, but same thing. These both had old software. So I personally think this update is going to SAVE your phone. These were business people that had them, and they lost their contacts and e-mails. Think about it!
    This is a very late reply, but....

The problem with the V05 Flash is that some versions were deleting applications.

If you look in the Brew directory at the preload.txt file, you should see a listing of Brew Folders and .mif files.

After the V05 flash, many customers were missing applications.

I bought a phone that left the store with V07 that was missing media player, the VZNavigator teaser and a few other directories.

After much reading of threads, I manually restored them from files available on the web; after having the store reflash it to V07 and doing the same again at the house.

Another thing that seems to be causing the apps to go away is any change in the platform ID from the LGProgram menu. Many were doing this in an attempt to download apps that weren't available for their model.

In retrospect, it boils down to an error in one of the flash steps that fails to restore all directories.

The store can give another phone quicker than manually creating subdirectories and filling them with appropriate missing application files, as well as copying the apprpriate .mif file in to the /brew/mif directory.

The problem is fairly well documented, and started at the v05 flash level of Voyager history.

As a side note, I lost the VCast Video application after a Platform ID change to try to install Visual Voice Mail on a Dare.

Luckily, I have a backup of the file system, and restored the missing directories with BitPim.

I also erased the blank directores that were created when the phone rebooted with a new Platform ID.

If I had not noticed this, and a new upgrade was available and I had it flashed at the store, I still would probably not have the VCast Video App, unless it was also upgraded in the flash.

It is kind of a Garbage In, Garbage out arrangement.

Either a certain number of update .dll files were released without the complete file system at V05, too much experimenting, or a combo of the 2.

Feedback Score
    i flashed my cell from v05 - v07, but the phone says (service required) , a friend of mine told me that the SCR file is missing so i need that file to reflash my cellphone if anybody knows where can i get it let me know please.!

Feedback Score

thankx i solve it

problem solve!

Feedback Score
    how did you solve the scr problem

Device(s)
    LG VX-8560
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Apologies if this has been answered already.
    Can I jump upgrades??
    I got my phone within the first month of them coming out. So, it has version 3 on it.
    Did the DUN hack and ERI to modify VZW text on screens.
    Recently the touch screen has been going berzerk. It first appear while being tethered to laptop. Had to open phone to get rid of tone and vibe sound. Now, whenever I unlock touch screen (un-tethered), it goes on it's own little adventure through the phone. Basically, using the touch screen is impossible!
    I'm hoping that a software upgrade will correct issue.

Also, noticed that while tethered and online, phone gets REAL hot! overheat sensor has kicked in a couple of times and shut phone off.
    Battery basically no longer holds a charge. 6 text msgs and needs recharged, etc.

Anyway, phone has a 12/07 warranty date. But I'd like to see if upgrades will fix problems. I realize that batt. is basically shot.

Humpa's site doesn't have the v05 bin. Just everything else. So, I'm wondering if I can just jump from v03 to v07, or even vo9?

If anyone has an answer this late at night.........IM me on Yahoo. TheDirtyBen

Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Why not try taking it to a Verizon shop and describe the problems? Maybe they'll trade it out for a refurb. Or have them apply the latest firmware (yes, you can jump) and see if the problems go away.

Device(s)
    LG VX-8560
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I did the upgrade to v07 myself, with little issue.
    Touch screen seemed to return to normal............almost.
    As soon as I put my MicroSD card back in and turned phone on, touch screen was back to it's old antics!
    I have 410MB in the music folder and less than 2MB in the pics folder. Card IS formatted properly, using the phone to format.

Also, Humpa's v09 bin file wouldn't flash. LGDownload said it was an improper bin file.

Not sure if I should worry about flashing v09 or not??

Feedback Score
    so how do i get the phone into dm mode on vx10000 damn thing wont flash

Device(s)
    vox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score

voyager flash mode

hold the lock slider and plug in the usb cable

Device(s)
    LG Voyager, LG Ally Android
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure where to put this but here looked pretty good.

I had a Voyager and then got another. I like the phone. The newer phone won't hold a charge like old one. From readng the forums I think it might have to do with the SW Version. old phone VX10KV05 new phone VX10KV14. Am I on the right track? Anyway, any other thoughts on battery drainage!
    I'm about to go back tld phone but like some of the new stuff on the newer phone. No one ever told me to upgrade my software.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48