Thread: "Tracfone Insider"

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score

"Tracfone Insider"

On Tracfone website I see a place to sign up for "Tracfone Insider". What are the advantages, if any to sign up?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1
    On Tracfone website I see a place to sign up for "Tracfone Insider". What are the advantages, if any to sign up?

You get emails directly from tracfone offering deals and promotions. The same stuff you find mentioned in posts on various websites or groups like this one.

AND you will get 20 bonus minutes on your next airtime card redemption. That's a "one time only" bonus. Make certain you complete the entire sign up process. It includes an email sent from tracfone that requires you to click on a "verify your email" link. Then you get a confirmation email within 72 hours.

That's the only "advantages" I know of.

From the Tracfone signup page:
    Register to receive exclusive news and offers not available to the general public! You’ll receive opportunities for bonus minutes and be the first to learn about service enhancements and our best new phone models.

I had one tracfone that I was not able to get signed up on this. I made a few calls and was never able to get it done. I tried a number of times but would never receive the final confirmation email. And the csr's would not just give me the 20. I've more than made up for it though by playing the "tracfone game".

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    I had one tracfone that I was not able to get signed up on this. I made a few calls and was never able to get it done. I tried a number of times but would never receive the final confirmation email. And the csr's would not just give me the 20. I've more than made up for it though by playing the "tracfone game".
    I'm surprised you were not able to get those 20 units. When I first got my Tracfone, I waited for a while, and didn't get a confirmation that I would get the 20 units. I called Tracfone-I don't remember exactly all the details-and eventually got 20 units. Normally Tracfone doesn't seem too concerned about giving away a measly 20 units.

Are you getting the Insider newsletter even though you did not get the units? If you are not successfully registered, you can always try again online. I would recommend trying once again. Make sure your email program isn't throwing any emails from Tracfone in spam. If you aren't able to get a confirmation, try calling customer service again. If the rep seems stubborn, ask to speak to the supervisor.

Maybe you can explain to me what you mean by "Tracfone game." You make it sound like something illegal! If it's not illegal, I think it's the same game I'm playing.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    I did not get my 20 bonus units when I redeemed my next airtime card, even though I had received my confirmation email.

I simply called CS and told them that I did not get my bonus units and they credited them to my account. No big deal at all.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfoner
    I'm surprised you were not able to get those 20 units. When I first got my Tracfone, I waited for a while, and didn't get a confirmation that I would get the 20 units. I called Tracfone-I don't remember exactly all the details-and eventually got 20 units. Normally Tracfone doesn't seem too concerned about giving away a measly 20 units.

Are you getting the Insider newsletter even though you did not get the units? If you are not successfully registered, you can always try again online. I would recommend trying once again. Make sure your email program isn't throwing any emails from Tracfone in spam. If you aren't able to get a confirmation, try calling customer service again. If the rep seems stubborn, ask to speak to the supervisor.

Maybe you can explain to me what you mean by "Tracfone game." You make it sound like something illegal! If it's not illegal, I think it's the same game I'm playing.

No.....nothing illegal......by "game" I meant exactly what you and I, and many others are doing. Buying 2fer's and such, and using promo codes. Also, earlier on, I was buying the 2126 2fer bundle and netting 2-60 min cards and a few bucks after selling the handset. Nothing at all illegal.

I have a number of tracfones activated, for myself and family. I have no problems with the cs end of things. Just didn't get my 20 insider units on one fone and couldn't get them to transfer my 30mfl to a warranty replacement fone a different time. I have made numerous calls to cs over different issues and other than those two times I have always been satisfied. Many times I have been comped 10-20 mins for my troubles.

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Great! I guess if we're playing the same game, we're on the same team.