Phones
    Apple iPhone (4GB)
    Sony Ericsson W810i (sold)
    Motorola V3i unlocked (sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score

Cool How to transfer picture albums from iphone --> PC?

I have syced some photo albums from my girlfriends computer to my iphone and was trying to put them onto my computer. It seems like the camera roll album is the only one that lets you transfer pictures out of the iphone. Does anyone know a way to transfer the other albums out?

Phone
    Blackberry Storm - 9530
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bbop707
    I have syced some photo albums from my girlfriends computer to my iphone and was trying to put them onto my computer. It seems like the camera roll album is the only one that lets you transfer pictures out of the iphone. Does anyone know a way to transfer the other albums out?
    SO you are telling me that you CAN sync photos from the Camera Roll to your computer? If so, HOW?!? I have not been able to figure out how to do this and would love too. I have some GREAT pictures of my kids on the iPhone.

EDIT: I figured it out. I realized I had not really checked, and I found this . Great instructions on how to do it.

Phones
    Apple iPhone (4GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Well I can transfer the pictures that I have taken with my iphone just fine but what about the other albums I have? I have transfered a photo album from new years off of my girlfriends computer onto my phone and would like to upload it from my phone onto my computer. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried SFTP ? SSH-ing into your phone ? Because anything I upload to my phone, I can access and copy to my desktop using WinSCP (If you're using Windows)

Phones
    Apple iPhone (4GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Can you please elaborate on how to do that?

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'll try but the only method I know of on how to SFTP into your phone is if you're using Windows platform. If it's Mac you're using, I dont know how to do it. But... below is a link to a site that will guide you through it (if you're using a Windows platform... the Mac guide is on that site too):

http://www.hackthatphone.com/111/iph...c_windows.html
    This guide I posted above is for 1.1.1 only. For any other firmware, check around the site for the proper one.

It's basically the same principle. That guide teaches you how to change graphics on your phone. But for your issue, you're gonna have to look for the proper folder. If it's the Camera Roll you're after, you're gonna go for Media > DCIM and then go from there.. just select pictures, control+c and then save to wherever you want it to save. Be careful though because this can easily ruin your phone if you accidentally delete or move stuff that you're not supposed to.

BTW, what I do is I just use WinSCP to transfer all the original pics I want into the "Wallpapers" folder of the phone. Mine is under private > var > root > Wallpaper. Then when I get home or whatnot, WinSCP again and then Copy all the pictures I want from the Wallpapers folder into my desktop or wherever I want and voila ! Pictures are there on my comp for me to use.

Phones
    Apple iPhone (4GB)
    Carrier
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Didn't necessarily want to hack into the phone but I'll give it a look over. Thanks for the time and help.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Oh sorry... that's the only method I know of so far.. maybe I missed something along the way. I've been trying to look for other ways but that's the only one I can think of that works flawlessly for me.

Phones
    iPhone (primary)
    BlackJack (if I must)
    RAZR (only if first two are broken)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It seems like syncs from PC-to-iPhone, and iPhone-to-PC are unique, and one-directional.

This is why you can't take the photos sync'd with your g/f's computer, and then re-sync them to yours. I don't believe the iPhone supports this.

As has been stated here, it should be possible if you are willing to jailbreak your phone (and therefore, technically, void your warranty). Can you not find a simpler method to sync photos between 2 PC's?
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Feedback Score

Try Picasa it ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by dhendriksen
    SO you are telling me that you CAN sync photos from the Camera Roll to your computer? If so, HOW?!? I have not been able to figure out how to do this and would love too. I have some GREAT pictures of my kids on the iPhone.

EDIT: I figured it out. I realized I had not really checked, and I found this . Great instructions on how to do it.

Picasa inports them fine.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32gb White
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    plug into your computer.. go to "my computer" you should see "apple iphone" you can take it from there..

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the.gosine
    plug into your computer.. go to "my computer" you should see "apple iphone" you can take it from there..
    That is only the Camera Roll, not albums.

Phones
    iPhone
    VX6800
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same problem.

Anyone know what directory the album pictures are stored? or where the pictures in the library are stored?