Thread: An Ntelos Question

Feedback Score

An Ntelos Question

I've heard around that when registering with Ntelos, theres no credit check (in my mind I thought this meant no security deposit). Is this true ?

Phones
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Motorola V3 RAZR (GSM)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so I've had customers coming to my kiosk where I work for a provider and they have came down the line of wireless providers who serve our mall. A Ntelos kiosk starts it followed by an at&t Corporate inline store, Sprint kiosk, USCC Corporate inline store and ending with my kiosk. So far I think all run credit checks. I think some are more lenient than others. So far I've noticed the credit checks I've been able to do for new customers have been killer deposits, but I'm just going on customers who have walked down and just throw their liscense at me and ask for a check. Posting this in the Ntelos forum would get you more looks and a definate answer.
    VERIZON DSL SUCKS!! Took 3 weeks to turn on and still didn't work correctly til today making it 4 weeks! Now the issue is this: keep Verizon and use the 2 months of free service or stop the hassle of paying for DSL and a phone line Verizon charges by the min to use and get cable TV and internet through Comcast. Same 6 month price for internet ($19.99) just the addition of TV and a set top box that I will use compared to phone line I don't use. Any suggestions is appreciated through PM.

Phone
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier
    nTelos
    Feedback Score
    No, nTelos does perform a credit check. It's actually more difficult than those of a bigger origin, such as Verizon and Alltel.

Phones
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    iPhone (first gen)
    Carriers
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Here's how it works:
    OK - Good Credit = Regular Class Account (no deposit can get extensions and all services)
    OK = Deposit Class Account (maximum of $300 deposit and can not get extensions but can get all service, can opt out of deposit and go protected)
    Bad = Protected Class Account (must have an unlimited rate plan w/ unlimited long distance, must add unlimited text to use text, no data AT ALL, must add pkg of 100 or 200 roaming mins to roam when roaming is used up you can't roam till the next month, must make an $85 down payment which goes toward your first bill, and can transition to deposit class if you go 1 yr without any discon for non payment)
    There's also always prepaid which you can still get unlimited mins and data on.