Thread: Phones compatible with Page Plus

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Phones compatible with Page Plus

Are there any phones compatible with Page Plus besides Verizon & Amp'd ?

I know Alltel and Sprint phones will not accept the simple Over The Air programming so most customers wouldn't be capable of Activating them online, but are there any others that can be easily programmed and used Page Plus?

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by UglyEric

I know Alltel and Sprint phones will not accept the simple Over The Air programming so most customers wouldn't be capable of Activating them online, but are there any others that can be easily programmed and used Page Plus?
    I activated a UNBRANDED and NEVER ACTIVATED KYOCERA KX12 with you a few months back and it accepted the OTA programing with no problem at all.

Regards,
    JOET1966

Phones
    LG VX5400
    Incredible2
    LG VX5400
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    T-Mo prepaid
    Feedback Score

I have used Simple Freedom phones with Page Plus.

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4S,Palm Pixi Plus
    Samsung SGH-A437,SCH-i730,SGH-T419
    Carrier
    GoPhonex3 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel
    Feedback Score

You activated an old Altell Nokia 3585i for me like one year ago. It receives OTA updates with no problem.

PS. BTW. if you can't use the "V" word in your website, you can say something like:
    "We activate unused phones from Major National Networks except T-Mobile, At&t and Sprint/Nextel. Call for additional info"

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG enV Touch
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hmm, is it true UglyEric can't say Verizon on his website? Seems like he went out of his way to not say it.
    100th post Aug 22,2007 9:41PM
    200th post Valentine's Day 2008 10:15PM
    500th post July 22,2008 8:16PM
    --
    92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
    Put this in your signature if you are part of the 8% who would be laughing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roycereece
    Hmm, is it true UglyEric can't say Verizon on his website?
    Gee, I dunno. He only says so.

I mean, why trust UglyEric to tell the truth?

Yeah, you're right. He himself must be lying about this issue for some nefarious reason.

Phones
    XV6700
    Motorola V3m razor
    Samsung A670
    Carriers
    PagePlus X 2
    Feedback Score

Try Former U. S. Cellular Phones

I just bid on a Motorla V3m on Ebay for my son that was a "U.S. Cellular" phone and won the auction. I checked the listing first to see if it was CDMA technology. My Son, who - I sometimes think - is somewhat technology challenged, was able to port his existing phone number (on PagePlus) to the V3m from his old Kyocera Jet (originally from AMPD) with only minimal trouble -the old question of what the account number was. With no paper or on-line billing/invoiceing there is no record of the account number that the user has ready access to, except if you should think to take copious notes while you are activating the phone initially. His PagePlus service was activated on the V3m within about 15 minutes - 30 tops. Ah, PP and their CS/porting dept. is right there when ya' need 'em!

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    Why no VZW reference? Because VZW doesn't like their MVNOs claiming that they rn on that particular network. Wierd I know, but I ran into something ismilar with these guys...

www.dotcomwireless.com

If I sold 'em I couldn't say they ran on VZW, or that their plans were comparable to VZW's. I assume a similar thing is going on with Page Plus right now. My opinion of VZW: jerks. They might now be as big jerks as AT&T. Then again, while VZW is a jerk company, AT&T is an evil company, so pick your poison
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The issue with other branded phones on PagePlus is whether or not they can be programmed manually or OTA. The phone has to either be Verizon-branded, or it has to be unlocked (have the MSL set to 000000), to accept OTA. Alltel postpaid phones are usually unlocked, but their prepaid ones are locked. SimpleFreedom phones (3585i and earlier) were unlocked, but later ones (3587i and later) were locked. Sprint and USCellular phones are locked. I have PagePlus on a former USCellular phone that I had "Socially Engineered" the MSL code from a rep (they won't normally give it), and I reset the code to 000000 so it accepts OTA just fine. I have put it on some older Nokias where I have been able to obtain and change the MSL via a "proprietary" program. I would imagine certain other phone brands' MSL could be read via BitPim (there was a thread here explaining how to do it).

Bottom line for Ugly Eric is that the average user isn't aware of MSL code policies of different providers, or programs to read/change the code, so it is best to just advertise Verizon phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991
    Gee, I dunno. He only says so.

I mean, why trust UglyEric to tell the truth?

Yeah, you're right. He himself must be lying about this issue for some nefarious reason.

You guys lost me on this conversation, But I assure you I am not lying about anything, as a general rule I do not lie to anyone except my wife, lol

Feedback Score
    well, when someone sees you say "I can't say Verizon on my web site," and then says "Is it true he can't say Verizon on his web site?", I just have to shake my head.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I have a USCellular Motorola V262, I'd like to activate it on PP if possible. IS the MSL the passwork that gets in to the master reset and master clear menus? (000000 works on those)
    If not, what do I need to check?