Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: closest ocean beach to dallas tx?

Phone
    White 16 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

closest ocean beach to dallas tx?

Me and some friends are going to Arlington tx (around dallas) on spring break to go to six flags and do some other stuff. We would like to maybe drive to a beach one day and maybe even sleep on the beach overnight (as crazy as that might sound, wasn't my idea lol) but as everyone knows dallas isn't very close to the ocean.

So I was wondering if anyone knew where the closest beach was to arlington/dallas?

Just looking at a map galveston tx looks to be the closest with a beach...but i could be wrong. Which according to mapquest is 4 hours and 50 minutes away.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Galveston is indeed the closest, you're a long ways away. You could just go to a lake or something, if that's a good enough substitute?

Past phones:
    Nokia: 3360, 2260x2, 3390, 3595, 6820b, 6800ax2, 6010, 6682, 6030, 6131, E51, E71-2
    Sony Ericsson: T300, T306, T616, Z500ax2, S710a, Z520i, W600ix2, V800, Z800i, K790a, Z750a
    Motorola: Startac 7687, V400x3, T720, RAZR V3, V551x2

Trading since '05:

Phone
    White 16 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zerilos
    Galveston is indeed the closest, you're a long ways away. You could just go to a lake or something, if that's a good enough substitute?
    everyone is wanting to go to the ocean. lol. Only reason we are going to dallas is because its the closest place where six flags will be open on spring break. Last week of march.

If we could find somewhere else that was near the ocean but had a big theme park with coasters we would do that. I'm in north east arkansas. The trip to dallas was gonna be around 8 hours.

So we would really like to find somewhere that has a beach and a theme park. But dont want to drive all the way to orlando. Probably around 10 hours tops.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that beach/theme park combo isn't an easy one especially considering Astroworld doesn't exist anymore (RIP ), otherwise I would've suggested heading to Houston in a heartbeat.

You also wouldn't want to spend most of your spring break driving instead of actually having fun, so I'd suggest running the lake idea by them. You could also consider heading down to New Braunfels and checking out Schlitterbahn, it's a pretty good water park.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hahahaha... Arlington...that sounds like a bucket of fun. Go to Austin man... you'll be close to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and even closer to the ocean than Dallas. There is nothing up here haha.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher. ~Dalai Lama

My Feedback

...in the end, the anvil is my friend, don't forget it

Phone
    White 16 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilezen
    hahahaha... Arlington...that sounds like a bucket of fun. Go to Austin man... you'll be close to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and even closer to the ocean than Dallas. There is nothing up here haha.
    six flags is in arlington

Austin is like an hour away from six flags fiesta isn't it?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron7114

Yeah, you'd have to drive an hour south to San Antonio. Sea World's down there too.

Phone
    White 16 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zerilos
    Yeah, you'd have to drive an hour south to San Antonio. Sea World's down there too.
    if both six flags and sea world is in san antonio would there be any point in staying in austin instead of san antonio?

Also by looking at the six flags website it looks like the six flags in arlington is better than the one in san antonio.

Dallas, Texas, United States, 111762725508574, Dallas, Texas
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilezen
    wow you're alive?

haha anyways....just go to lake lewisville if you want beach....its fine where are u coming from

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    White iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier
    Blue Death Star
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, going to Galveston or Port Aransas for spring break is NOT a good idea. While Six Flags will be crowded, the beach will be ****ing nuts. Galveston and PA are becoming huge Spring Break destinations now, and it's disturbing how awful it gets down there.

Come to Austin, and go to the lake.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, there's not much to Dallas unless you like shopping. There are some lakes in the area but must people go elsewhere for recreation.

Phone
    White 16 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NukuCamui
    Honestly, going to Galveston or Port Aransas for spring break is NOT a good idea. While Six Flags will be crowded, the beach will be ****ing nuts. Galveston and PA are becoming huge Spring Break destinations now, and it's disturbing how awful it gets down there.

Come to Austin, and go to the lake.
    I think dallas spring break is the week before ours. Because I looked at the six flags calender and they are open every day the week before our spring break. But they area open during the week of our spring break so we have to go on the weekend before our spring break.

We are thinking about going from here to galveston for a day to go to the beach. Then driving to arlington and staying a night or two there and go to six flags.

Phones
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Moto V600, Moto v551, p 280
    Nokia 3590, 3595
    Carriers
    Cingular
    6340 gait
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9800/230; U; en))

go to hippy hollow.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Phone
    White 16 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The hotel we are staying at has an outdoor pool. Do you think it will be open when we go? We are going March 22nd-24th.

What is the weather like around that time period?

Arlington texas btw.

We are planning on going to the aquarium, zoo, six flags, and then the dallas mall.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron7114

If you are driving 80-90mph. I know that for a fact as I've done it before.... at 3am... During the day it's more like 90 min to two hours.

My 2000 post was posted on 4/19/2010 at 23:45.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=409

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast