Thread: Grace period on payment

Phones
    Galaxy S5
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Grace period on payment

My bills is around 125 due on the 17th. I am not going to be able to pay it all that day, but will pay 70 or so. I called vzw and she said I should not have my phone disconnected for non-payment since I am paying more than half. I will have the rest of the money on the 25th. Should I be ok in my phone not being cut off for being late, it will be the first time that iv been late on a payment.

Phone
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You'll be fine. I've got friends who have been over a couple weeks late and their service never got shut off. I wouldn't make a habit of it though. It helps to call and let them know when you will be paying it though.

Feedback Score
    it's not officially a "grace period," but your service won't get suspended until you're a whole month past due, and your account will not be terminated for non-payment until 90 days past due.

edit: you will, however, have a late fee for each month you're past due; I believe it's $5.

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by steveh552
    My bills is around 125 due on the 17th. I am not going to be able to pay it all that day, but will pay 70 or so. I called vzw and she said I should not have my phone disconnected for non-payment since I am paying more than half. I will have the rest of the money on the 25th. Should I be ok in my phone not being cut off for being late, it will be the first time that iv been late on a payment.
    I would not forsee any problems since you seem to have made a payment arrangement with them.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Phones
    Galaxy S5
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reassurances guys. I do not make it a habit of paying late, hours have been cut at work due to the holidays being over, so money is tighter. I have changed my plan and such as well to lower over all cost.

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CSOKI Mike
    it's not officially a "grace period," but your service won't get suspended until you're a whole month past due, and your account will not be terminated for non-payment until 90 days past due.

edit: you will, however, have a late fee for each month you're past due; I believe it's $5.
    $5 is correct. It sucks but it's better than being cut off.

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveh552
    Your bill is due 5 days before the end of your bill cycle end date. So, this means your bill cycle date is the 22nd. You won't actually go into collections status for non-payment until the day after your bill cycle ended which would be Jan. 23. Since you'll be paying over half of it by the 17th and you plan on making the rest of the payment on the 25th, you should be fine. You could entertain the thought of contacting the financial services department to make sure the promise to pay is set for Jan. 25. You can also call #PMT from your VZW phone on the 18th of January and do the promise to pay for the balance on Jan. 25th. You will see the $5 late fee on the account, but if this is the first time you've done this, and have a good payment history, if I spoke to you, I'd waive the late fee for you as a one time courtesy, but it is up to the CS discretion. I hope this helps from a CS point of view.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There's been a couple of instances where because of traveling on business or other stuff going on, I forgot to send payment in for my bill until like a week or so after the cycle end date. While they did charge me the late fee, it was never considered "late" (such as needing to have all your payments made on time for the year in order to get your deposit back).

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    for above post, you can pay your bill thru your cell phone. It is simple, you set it up, and you can have your payment info saved so you dont have to enter your credit card/checking numbers each time. So you can get the bill paid while on the road, you don't even have to talk to a rep to do this.

I have a friend that gets his phone shut off all the time. The first time they let him go the 90 days before shutting him off. After that, he is usually shut off around a week or so before his 2nd month bill due date. Not only does he get to pay the $5 late charge, he gets to pay $30 to have both lines reconnected. I have helped him as much as possible, but he always gets his phone shut off, about every month and half. The only other thing I could do for him is pay it, and that is not going to happen.

So, if this is your first time being late, I am sure there will be no problems. I know there was one time I was 1 day late, I paid it thru my phone 1 day late, and I did not even get charged the $5 late charge, which I was happy about, I was madder then a hornets nest I forgot to pay it and thought I got the honors to pay a late charge.

Phones
    Galaxy S5
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses. My bills was 127 and some change, I paid just over half of that today, and will have the rest on payday which is the 25th. I will call this week to make sure it will be ok as suggested.