Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: LG VX9900 enV Firmware Version 4 Released

Device(s)
    LG9400
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

LG VX9900 enV Firmware Version 4 Released

- When setting the Pix Alert to "no ring" and vibrate mode is turned on, there is no ring and no vibration of the phone when a Pix message is received
    - VZNavigator loses GPS signal during navigation at good signal areas
    - When the time changed from 11:59pm to 12:00am, the pm doesn’t change to am; it remains “12:00pm“
    - While in a phone call, the reminder vibrates in case it has set to do so. As a consequence, it interrupts the conversation on both sides
    - Fixed to support the resizing of the picture taken by the 2.0 mega pixel phone camera supporting 1600x1200 pix resolution as a part of supporting 500KB mms message
    - After recording a video, thumbnail isn’t visible when the folder is closed
    - Device didn’t show Digital Numeric Page information. Only displayed ‘Page' across the screen
    - While in the middle of typing message with the folder opened, there is an incoming voice call, which the user answers and terminates the call by closing the folder, then the sms does not get saved

Your local store should have this update.

Device(s)
    LG V10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    no need to go to the store if you know how to flash your phone at home

http://rapidshare.com/files/84424014/VX9900_v04.zip

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does this package support re-maping the "mail" key ?

EDIT: Answered my own question, nope.

Anyone have VZo04 or VZg04 ?
    Last edited by PeterB; 01-17-2008 at 08:37 AM.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

hmm

I have v02....since this is v04, i assume there was a v03 released....what did it fix? I cant find anything on the forums about it...
    ***I'm not asking for much, just fair service at a fair price with fair policies. Hell, I will even pay the phone subsidy and stay with the company that offers that for ever, and they don't need to lock me into a contract or give me a killer deal on a subsidized phone to keep my business.*** -poltroop82

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtopping
    I have v02....since this is v04, i assume there was a v03 released....what did it fix? I cant find anything on the forums about it...
    There doesn't necessarily have to be a version 3, at least not one that was actually released--many times, at least when it comes to actual publicly released firmwares, versions can skip some numbers.

Feedback Score
    I still have v02 on mine. I thought this problem: ( Fixed to support the resizing of the picture taken by the 2.0 mega pixel phone camera supporting 1600x1200 pix resolution as a part of supporting 500KB mms message), was already fixed with the release of v02?

Device(s)
    LG VX 10000 Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    how does bitpim react to this newist update?

Device(s)
    LG enV Orange
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bitpim seems to work fine with v4 (just got mine flashed today). However the extremely loud volume while listening to your MP3s with your headset still exists (which is why I tried the upgrade) albeit it's not quite as bad (I was able to increase volume from 80 db to 85 db with MP3Gain).

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    So, what is the verdict? upgrade? or not worth it?

I mean, nothing listed in that initial post has been an issue for me...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    LG VX9900 enV Silver - V04
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am going to wait until an Orange or Green firmware shows up and see if this allows me to change the email key to the enV key. That's the upgrade I want.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure, Nexus 5, Moto G 2015
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacam00
    - When setting the Pix Alert to "no ring" and vibrate mode is turned on, there is no ring and no vibration of the phone when a Pix message is received
    - VZNavigator loses GPS signal during navigation at good signal areas
    - When the time changed from 11:59pm to 12:00am, the pm doesn’t change to am; it remains “12:00pm“
    - While in a phone call, the reminder vibrates in case it has set to do so. As a consequence, it interrupts the conversation on both sides
    - Fixed to support the resizing of the picture taken by the 2.0 mega pixel phone camera supporting 1600x1200 pix resolution as a part of supporting 500KB mms message
    - After recording a video, thumbnail isn’t visible when the folder is closed
    - Device didn’t show Digital Numeric Page information. Only displayed ‘Page' across the screen
    - While in the middle of typing message with the folder opened, there is an incoming voice call, which the user answers and terminates the call by closing the folder, then the sms does not get saved

Your local store should have this update.
    Hmmm... Firmware upped from v2 to v4 and this the only stuff they fixed?!?!?!

Seems a little odd, especially since someone said the volume issue is still there and that seemed to be the majority of the complaints with the enV.

I was gonna run down to the Verizon store before taking my son to a movie today as soon as I saw this post, but I think I will wait a while and see what else comes out about this firmware update before I do, because my phone has been rock solid other than the volume issue with headphones.

BTW, is there a place that we can go to see "official" information on what was fixed/changed in the firmware, don't get me wrong, I believe you completely in what you said above, just curious to see the official list of updated/fixes.

Besides, maybe I will just wait until the Green or Orange firmware is released so I can remap my email key to something else, but I will wait until someone else does it first and verifies it is OK and works first.
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto X Pure Edition (H2O Wireless)
    Current Work Phone: Apple iPhone 6s (Verizon)
    Backup Phone(s): Moto G 2015, LG Nexus 5

Other phones "in the family": Axon 7 Mini (H2O), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Device(s)
    Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I recently saw my friend's VX8400/8350 cant remember which its the upgrade to the 8300, circularish, no stub antenna...

Anyway, I was really jealous of the transparent bar where vibrate/silent/calendar/alarm events are shown. Is this fixed in the new firmware?

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think I'll wait until they come out with an update to send "high-res" video messages. Hopefully they'll have fixed that symbol glitch (type a symbol and it automatically enters something else). I didn't have that problem until I flashed to V02
    Hi-Keeba!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by servo086
    I think I'll wait until they come out with an update to send "high-res" video messages. Hopefully they'll have fixed that symbol glitch (type a symbol and it automatically enters something else). I didn't have that problem until I flashed to V02
    The symbol thing, which is still related to T9/Word, is present even on the Voyager, so it's doubtful they changed something like that (although anything is possible).

Device(s)
    LG enV Orange
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huckdogg
    I am going to wait until an Orange or Green firmware shows up and see if this allows me to change the email key to the enV key. That's the upgrade I want.
    The firmware is the same at this point from what I can tell. Mines an Orange enV and they upgraded to v4 with no problem. It was on their list to upgrade and he had been updating enV's all day for their store stock.

Note: It doesn't change the enV key mapping function that I've seen.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast