Thread: TyTN vs 6800 vs P400

Carrier(s)
    Telus (personal)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

TyTN vs 6800 vs P400

I'm currently thinking about switching carriers and phones. I'm looking at the HTC TyTN from Rogers, the HTC 6800 from Bell, or the HTC P4000 from Telus.

It is my understanding that the 6800 and P4000 are the same and are just the CDMA version of the TyTN. Is this correct? Is there any difference between them other than that? Do they all have wifi? Do any of them have usable GPS?

I did a lot of searching and reading both on these forums, the HTC website, and the internet in general but just needed some clarification.

Sorry if this should've been posted in a Canadian section... I'm new

Thanks all.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm very close to going with the Telus P4000.

If you look in the Telus forum, there's a new data plan that for now seems to have the other Canadian carriers beat. Not sure about GPS, I know that some folks have hacked and made GPS work, not without risk, and possible problems however.

I plan to use IGuidance and my bluetooth GPS on mine, so I don't mind too much if the internal GPS isn't fully functional.

Carrier(s)
    Telus (personal)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got myself a P4000 along with Telus' $15 unlimited data plan. If you're really looking for data it's my understanding that Bell has an unlimited plan for only $7.