Thread: bluetooth problems?

Phones
    Voyager -VX 10000-
    Chocolate -VX 8500-
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

bluetooth problems?

okay i noticed how in the bluetooth menu it says object push and file transfer, and i know i read about how you can send images and stuff through bluetooth, but everytime i try and send/recieve images/pictures/anything from my phone, it just says "check status of receiving device." is my bluetooth messed up? i can't even send/receive contacts.. i was excited because bluetoothing contacts was all you could do on the chocolate, and i thought i could bluetooth ringers/pictures but it doesn't work. is it my phone or is it this way for everyone?? :/

Phone
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carriers
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    The LG Voyager supports...
    • Bluetooth Object Push (aka OPP) for vCard/Contacts and Calendar items
    • Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers (aka FTP) limited to User Generated Content Only (MY_PIX, MY_SOUNDS, MY_VIDEO but not ring tones/music)

(for the difference between OPP and FTP see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/FTPOPP.htm )

I can tell you that I've tried OPP for sending pictures from the Voyager to my Blackberry... And from the Voyager to my PC... each time results in an error pop-up on the Voyager's screen saying "Not supported by receiving device". Trying OPP for Sending a picture from my Blackberry to the Voyager... also results in a pop-up on the Voyager's screen saying.... "Not supported by receiving device".

BUT OPP for sending a picture from my blackberry to my PC works just fine.

Obex FTP between my PC and Voyager works just as expected.

Opp for Contacts and Calendar should work no problem. I have transfered both, in BOTH directions between my Voyager and PC (with Outlook). I have transfered contacts between the Voyager and enV via Bluetooth. But I haven't tried Calendar between Voyager and enV.

For how I transfered contacts between the enV and Voyager.. see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/VX10K.htm
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 01-20-2008 at 06:42 AM.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Phones
    HTC Trophy
    HTC Trophy
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; ) 400x240 LGE VX10000)

ive been able to successfully transfer calendar events and contacts from my voyager to a chocolate 8550 and a krzr. i get either the not supported message or check status of receiving device when i try to send pix flix or sounds phone to phone tho. has anyone been able to pull pix from the voyager with bluetooth from a fully bluetooth enabled phone? i wish one day vzw would enable full bt on their current phones one day
    http://www.twitter.com/sedp23

Windows Phone 7 >>>>> iPhone & Android

Phones
    HTC Trophy
    HTC Trophy
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

ive been able to successfully transfer calendar events and contacts from my voyager to a chocolate 8550 and a krzr. i get either the not supported message or check status of receiving device when i try to send pix flix or sounds phone to phone tho. has anyone been able to pull pix from the voyager with bluetooth from a fully bluetooth enabled phone? i wish one day vzw would enable full bt on their current phones one day

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    BB Pearl,Samsung FlipShot, Juke, SCH-U620
    LG enV, enV2, LG Chocolate, Motorola E815 & V710
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03

As has been stated, there is no OPP for pix/flix. But if you find a phone that can connect to another device using OBEX and browse the other devices OBEX accessible folders, then you will also be able to use that phone to browse the directories on the Voyager just as you can from your pc or pda. But I have never seen a feature phone that has that ability - certainly no Verizon feature phones. I think I've read that there are some normal feature phones with that ability, but I do not know what they are or if they even exist in this country.

Phone
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carriers
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    ....But if you find a phone that can connect to another device using OBEX and browse the other devices OBEX accessible folders, ...
    and by OBEX Humpa is referring to OBEX File Transfer Profile (OBEX FTP)... as opposed to OBEX Object push Profile (OPP)...

Phones
    LG Voyager
    i880
    K1m Flashed w/Alltel
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So why does the phone have the option to transfer images and video via bluetooth if it doesn't work. I have tried between my voyager and v9m with no success. just get the beloved "Not supported by Recieving Device" message. I don't understand why it is in the menu if it wont work, even to a computer, which supports almost all profiles known to man