Thread: Can I convert my verizon V3m to pre paid?

Feedback Score

Question Can I convert my verizon V3m to pre paid?

I have verizon and the contract is up soon. Is there a way that I can reprogram it so it can make it a pre paid phone. It is a razr V3m.The monthly charges are too much and i like the phone, but I only need a pay as ya go, or pre paid phone.

Phone
    HTC 8X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to use it exactly how it is now on a prepaid account. When your contract is up, call CS and tell them you have a prepaid phone already and just want to start an account. You may get a new phone number depending on how you go about canceling your postpaid service and starting prepaid (I don't know if you can port a number to prepaid.)
    Want a Bluetooth? Eat a BlackBerry.

Phones
    i880, i580, i530 (nextel)
    nokia N91 & Nokia 6030 Cingular Prepaid
    iPHONE 4gb & HTC tytn (UNBRANDED)
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nfaze
    You should be able to use it exactly how it is now on a prepaid account. When your contract is up, call CS and tell them you have a prepaid phone already and just want to start an account. You may get a new phone number depending on how you go about canceling your postpaid service and starting prepaid (I don't know if you can port a number to prepaid.)
    +1 no difference if it being used with the same provider, but on prepaid

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Razr (retired)
    Carrier
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    I don't want to use a cheapo PayGo phone, I wanna keep my nice V3m. What's the answer now?

Feedback Score
    kewl thanx for the info peeps!