Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Clock and Wallpaper Advanced

Device(s)
    MyTouch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Clock and Wallpaper Advanced

Hey gang! I was thinking about the flash wallpaper on the Voyager and thought "Why could one not add a custome clock"? Well you can! I have played with this for a little bit and here is what to do, in a very simple explaination.

When creating custom wallpaper... import your wallpaper to Flash, then add a clock to the flash file where ever you want. Then overwright one of the "main" animated wallpapers on the voyager. Set the external clock to none and set the wallpaper to your created one.

Now this is for those who know a little about Flash files and creating them. It takes a little more time than resizing an image, however you will have a total front screen and/or internal screen look.

You could also do a search on the net for "Flash Clocks" or "Flash Clock fla" or Flash Lite Clock fla" etc. Take the downloaded file, open it in Flash, resize the stage to fit either screen, add your wallpaper then save and publish. Then you have your custome wallpaper with clock.

I have doodled with this for a little while today and came up with one that looks ok and works well. If you would like to try it then download the file here. Unzip the file and overwrite one of the fatory flash wallpapers with the new one, using BitPim. Dont forget to set the clock to none. This is for the outside screen.

I hope you like it and remember this is just a test so it may not be as visual stimulating as it could but I will be working on more to share. Let me know what you think.

Feedback Score
    very cool...good find...now would these clocks stay updated all the time...like when your phone is sitting for a min and the screens turn off?

Device(s)
    MyTouch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bina12834
    very cool...good find...now would these clocks stay updated all the time...like when your phone is sitting for a min and the screens turn off?
    Yes it will. The Flash Action Script takes the phones time and date and just displays it with dynamic text. So no matter what timezone your in or if its daylight savings time, it will display the correct time. Cellphones get their time from the service, therefore the time will be correct always.

I think if we get enough people that can work in Flash, then the Mods should make a thread for "Flash Wallpaper with Clocks" and/or "Flash Wallpaper".
    Last edited by zeroplace; 01-24-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Idea

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 android ATT Mobley,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I DL-ed your file and will check it out

BTW what program are you using for your flash development ?

will it import and convert video files ?

check out these, 'sorry about the text water mark'
    external
    http://rapidshare.com/files/86162964...vating.AVI.swf
    internal
    http://rapidshare.com/files/86110738...G-1.S10E16.swf
    external
    http://rapidshare.com/files/86109821...ing_4_secs.swf
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard,

Device(s)
    MyTouch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    BTW what program are you using for your flash development?
    I use Adobe Flash CS3

Device(s)
    MyTouch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I guess nobody is interested in this mod, however I have been working on some things and came up with two more for the group. All they are is a custom flash wallpaper with working clock. These two are made to utilize the phones font setting on the text stating "Night" for pm and "Day" for am. Hope you like them.

Flash Wall 1

Flash Wall 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I like your mod, i put it on the phone as one of the flash papers

can you do that to this one

or these

i don't have adobe flash cs3 to use for flash development , never had any interest in swf until i got the voyager, my interest right now is in taking/editing video clips and creating animated flash papers from them

will cs3 convert an avi clip ?

Device(s)
    Droid Commando iPhone4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroplace
    I guess nobody is interested in this mod, however I have been working on some things and came up with two more for the group. All they are is a custom flash wallpaper with working clock. These two are made to utilize the phones font setting on the text stating "Night" for pm and "Day" for am. Hope you like them.

Flash Wall 1

Flash Wall 2
    Well, if we could find a free version of flash cs3, this hack would be killer.
    Thanks for the two clock/wallpapers, great idea/ great find
    nice one Zero-
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...-clock-210.swf
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...clock-210b.swf
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    Hey im new here Zeroplace please please can u make a flash clock that looks like the Iphone clock on the top portion of a wallpaper. If u could please make the clock look like an iphone **** with the iphone clownfish wallpaper i think that would be amazing !

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I submit a picture, can someone do a wallpaper with the digital 2 clock theme but with 24 hour and counting seconds?

Device(s)
    MyTouch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you will post the images and a picture of what its supposd to look like, I will see what I can do.

Device(s)
    i860 gone long ago
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I moved both of them to my phone and there not showing up?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    they work on mine

you have to overwrite one or two, of the OEM swf wallpapers

they do not go in my pictures

also they wil NOT show with this file name, the OEM file name will still show in the menu

so if you don't remember which files you changed, you will have 14 places to look for them

#7walltypesub.swf is kieth hardinge white , for the external screen

#1walltypesub.swf is mobile TV preview, external

typemain, is for the inside screen

Feedback Score
    Hey Zeroplace thanks for responding. yea i can give u some pics to see what im saying. This is what im talking about

http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_ima...ple-iphone.jpg

just the wallpaper alone is here: http://www.iphonestuff.org/images/wa...clown-fish.jpg

if u could make the clock the same font and size and location just like on the iphone and make it a working clock u would be a god LOL

Feedback Score
    lol he prob wasent talking to me but w/e if u could still do it that would be much props

Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast