Thread: LG Shine CU720 PC Sync Software & Data Cable

Feedback Score

Question LG Shine CU720 PC Sync Software & Data Cable

Hello, I just recently got the (AT&T) LG Shine CU720. I was disappointed to find out that LG charges $40.00 for there PC Sync Software and it is not clear if it even works for the CU720. Also to ensure I get a OEM cable to do the sync with or to even transfer files from my PC to the Phone that cable also cost $40.00. I know you can get cables off of eBay and other sites and they all claim to be original OEM cables but in fact most are fakes and may cause your phone to fry.

Does any one know if the LG PC Sync Software can be used for the CU720, I will pay the $40.00 for that if it really works and is worth it? Or maybe someplace I can download the software for free?
    Also does anyone know where you can get a OEM data cable for the CU720 that is much more reasonable that the $40.00 LG site has listed?

Is there any hacks or firmware mods available yet too?

Phones
    LG CU720
    Nokia e71x
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You are not alone. I've been looking into this for a few weeks. I did manage to get ahold of the software for the TU720 (Canda), but I'm still running into problems with getting the software to talk with the phone. The Sync software wizard does 'find' the phone for USB or Bluetooth connection, but I still get an "Insufficient Memory" on my phone when I try to open the Contacts application in the software. And yes, I am setting up the connection for "Data" for USB.

So, anyway, hopefully you didn't pay the $40, or maybe you got a version of the software for the CU720 and it works?

Feedback Score
    wesfisher i have been following you posts i am having the exact same problem. tell me if you figure anything out. in was also wondering how you found your open cereal ports

Phones
    LG CU720
    Nokia e71x
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I haven't had any luck in finding software for sync'ing, but I haven't been looking too hard recently. As far as the COM ports, if you install the 'generic' LG USB drivers (available rather quickly via a Google search), you should see the ports show up in your Device Manager. I know I had to go to the Australian LG site to find the drivers. Drivers for previous LG models (CU500, CU320) would also work.

Phones
    audiovox 9900
    Motorola v720
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    according to the lg website the CU720 is capable of syncing with the pc (photos, music, contacts etc..) there is some software called lg desktop that is suppose to work for syncing contacts. I have tried to connect via bluetooth but can't get it to work. I am about to buy a data cable from Amazon and see it that works.