Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Voyager Firmware V07 with files

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

LG Voyager Firmware V07 with files

Verizon approved V07 Firmware for the LG VX-10000 according to the company intranet. The date of approval was 1/24/08 and the Date of release to stores is "TBA" Anyone have any info as to what any of the fixes or updates will be? I couldn't find anything on the company site about it.

Here are a few things I hope will fix with the new fw.

1: Sometimes when I use the internal keyboard to type an sms, I'll hit send and close the phone immediately, then the text will be cancelled and I have to resend it. So I'll wait a second after hitting send before closing the phone.

2. When I receive a text while watching Mobile TV, I open it and reply but then the TV wont reappear unless I close the phone, let it appear on the outside display, then open it again. At that point it will appear on the inside display again.

3. I know this one is rare to happen, but I would LOVE the multitasking option like the Venus and Chocolate so I can text and listen to music at the same time. Being how much a multimedia device as this one...it should be MULTI-MEDIA. Let us multi task for gods sake.

I'll update on the release date as soon as I get more info.
    ---------------

Post edited per Humpa

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Thanks to sbuxreg, I now have a link to the V07 bin file and the DLL on my www.humpa.com/vzw page

Use this thread to discuss how to flash your Voyager to V07 at home.

He gave me a link to the V07 bin and the Voyager 1.42 and 1.44 DLL msi installers.

I assume this is all you need to flash the Voyager with V07, but so far this is untested.

The 1.42 DLL is what we had for the V05 firmware, but now we also have the msi installer.
    The 1.44 DLL is new, and is also the actual msi file.

EDIT: I didn't post the rapidshare links here, because after a few hours I won't be able to edit this post. But I'll be able to edit my vzw page forever, so even if the rapidshare links stop working, I'll just update them.
    Last edited by FAUguy; 03-01-2008 at 01:40 AM.
    -HeKidnappedHer

Device(s)
    LG Dare VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any word about a new Venus firmware upgrade?

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snowballer923
    Any word about a new Venus firmware upgrade?
    Version 3 is the most current for the Venus, which was out only 21 days ago...
    This is the thread you should be asking that in:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1307098

The threads need to stay on track about the topics they are supposed to be referring to (ex: voyager not venus) or they'll get closed and deleted.

My Phones Over The Years

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1) This should of been posted in the Voyager subforum.
    2) You will not find any info about any firmware updates on VZW's web site.
    We are [TheBORG]. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    * FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! *
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [TheBORG]
    1) This should of been posted in the Voyager subforum.
    2) You will not find any info about any firmware updates on VZW's web site.
    If you are referring to the reference to intranet the original poster posted, intranet is different than internet. Intranet would be info. only available to VZW stores. For example, when not in school, I work at Sears and I'm able to access prices on items for up to the next 6 months or so, such as when items will be on sale and their lowest sale price date, through our intranet and get info on items not yet available.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyjay2004
    If you are referring to the reference to intranet the original poster posted, intranet is different than internet. Intranet would be info. only available to VZW stores. For example, when not in school, I work at Sears and I'm able to access prices on items for up to the next 6 months or so, such as when items will be on sale and their lowest sale price date, through our intranet and get info on items not yet available.
    That is correct. It is on the company's INTRANET....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyjay2004
    Then it's amazing how many VZW techs & reps don't read their Intranet. the V05 thread is filled people people going into VZW stores and being told that it's not even available. I have even experienced it in a store where the tech said no right off the bat when asked the question and then a good rep actually looked for it and found it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    if this is true i'm wondering what happened to V06???

hopefully it will leak soon...accompanied by a fix/improvement list. thanks for the heads up OP.

Device(s)
    Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 213ninja
    if this is true i'm wondering what happened to V06???
    Same thing that happened to V04. Those designations were probably used for internal versions or testing versions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkleiman
    Same thing that happened to V04. Those designations were probably used for internal versions or testing versions.
    im guessing the same thing....even numbers for testing and odd numbers for public releases

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Cant wail to see what they actually changed in this version. The biggest fix I would like to have is music multitask. Is it too hard to beable to play music while sending text or etc. I think that would excite many people. But for right now Im not have many problems with the Voyager.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ohh yeah it would be great if we would be able to play 420x240 videos on the phone also.

Device(s)
    LG VX10000 Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question. How do I tell what version mine has? I don't actually have my Voyager yet. It should be here in a few days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey1475
    Cant wail to see what they actually changed in this version. The biggest fix I would like to have is music multitask. Is it too hard to beable to play music while sending text or etc. I think that would excite many people. But for right now Im not have many problems with the Voyager.
    That wouldn't really be a fix, but an addition of a whole new (more or less extra) feature (that was never really designed to be supported from the beginning), which isn't as likely to happen in a firmware upgrade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide
    Excuse me if this is a stupid question. How do I tell what version mine has? I don't actually have my Voyager yet. It should be here in a few days.
    You can try dialing #HELP*HELP (probably on the inside keypad) and that should bring up a lot of different information about the phone, including the firmware version.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast