Thread: Need Razr V3 help! speakers dont work

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Need Razr V3 help! speakers dont work

I dropped my phone and it broke into 2. I bought a parts phone and replaced the inner piece with the keyboard/flex cable and hinge, and now the upper and lower speakers dont work. The top half is my original speaker and I know it worked, I cant vouch for the bottom though. Speaker phone still works though. Ive searched everywhere on the internet to find a way to fix this and I haven't yet. Can someone help me?

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Razr (retired)
    Carrier
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    U mean like running a diagnostic program and BAM! it tells u exactly what to look for? We all wish it was that simple.

It's strickly a hardware/mechanical thing guy... so after u replace everything and it still doesn't work, then something in the mainboard is busted. Can't even begin to suggest what to look for.

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Well I made a call and the bottom speaker works. Its just the top one that doesn't. I know its not that easy, but the speaker worked before I dropped the phone. Everything else works fine like it did before. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem and what they did to fix it. I tried the top half from the parts phone as well and the top speaker doesn't work so I thought maybe I did something wrong.

Phones
    Samsung i607
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Did you check to make sure that the flex cable for the top is connected? It is located to the left of the outter screen under the glass. Also, next to the speaker should be a spot where a small battery is inserted, did it fall out? I doubt it though.

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The flex cable is definetly connected. I'll have to open up the phone and check on that battery. Thanks

Phones
    Samsung i607
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Well if you are just saying that you will "check on that battery" later, then that would mean that you did not check the flex cable that I mentioned as it is under the lcd case as well. It should wrap around the whole outter lcd and the connection is located to the left of the glass.

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I had to replace the flex cable because my phone broke into 2 pieces. It is connected and that battery is still there as well. Guess its time for a new phone.

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    The EARPIECE speaker is part of a larger component called a Flex Circ. Speak. Its the top flex where the side keys connect as well. If no speaker sound, then this piece is likely the culprit. Yes we know your phone split in half and you replaced the keypad flex, but since that problem is solved, its time to look elsewhere now, and I suggested for you where to look.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Your probably right, I should have also mentioned that the "down" side button and the small one below it dont work anymore either. So that would back up what you said. I also want to add that im NO expert on phones at all, I know nothing about them so forgive my stupid questions. I just want to fix my phone because I don't have the money for a new one. The piece doesn't have any visible damage, and I also tried one from my parts phone and neither worked.

Ok I found a new replacement on ebay, I'm going to buy that, hopefully it works.
    Last edited by dazdnconfusd77; 02-05-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Well I put the new earpiece flex in and it still doesn't work. swapped lcd's in the process also. same side buttons dont work either. i give up guess its time for a new phone

Phones
    LG_VX10000-Voyager
    Razr V3m Silver
    Razr V3r Pink
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You used a parts phone for the replacement flex? Therein lays your problem. With parts phones, there is little you can do to find out if the part your pilfering works. Been there, done that. I have a wacky V3 that I've had apart a dozen times at least because I cannot get that stupid MIDI speaker to work. I bought a changed it out for a known working speaker, cleaned and reset all the connections and still it will not ring audibly. The phone itself works fine but using a non-ringing phone is torture because you miss virtually every call unless you hang it from your forehead. As others have said before, there is no magic, it's all trial and error when it comes to physical components. Save yourself the aggravation and get another phone. May I recommend craigslist? Usually you can find something on there for cheap.

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    No I bought a new earpiece flex cable off of ebay. I'm just going to get a new phone, no point in trying to dump more money into this thing anyways. I'm eligible for upgrade anyways. I appreciate all the help on here though.

Feedback Score

Hellllpppp!!!

any1 temme wats FLASH ! ppl spk abt it...bt i dont undastand wat it is! and if moto v3 doesn hav a USB how am i goin 2 connec dis flash thing 2 it????
    pl mail me to ajit.maruti@gmail.com!

Phones
    LG_VX10000-Voyager
    Razr V3m Silver
    Razr V3r Pink
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    ajit? mobile pro? Uh, your post doesn't belong here and doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread. You might try reading through some of the posts in the motorola flexing/flashing forum and, if you still don't comprehend, ask this question there. Thanks for reading!

Feedback Score
    do you know anywhere I could find an illustrated step by step to the removal of the outside speaker phone and also the earpiece speaker inside? My phone can only work on speaker. But a friend of mine lost all use of his speaker so he cant hear the phone ring. only vibrates. So we are thinking about going in on a parts phone together. I actually sold a razor to somebody and they dont use it now...SO I KNOW IT ALL WORKS!! We would just be buying that back! any info u can tell me and all help would be appreciated!