Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Cricket v9m Monster!!!

Thanks to FullFlasher over at mobile-files:
    http://rs82.rapidshare.com/files/883...ricket_V9m.rar
    SPARK0_X_02.0C.1CP
    It's the real deal. Unfortunately, USB drive still doesn't work and SMS is at 150 characters.
    Last edited by tomknyu; 02-01-2008 at 08:36 AM.

Device(s)
    v9m
    Feedback Score
    I'm just about convinced there is either a hardware limitation with the Verizon v9m that limits the usb drive functionality, or part of the seem/config restore we are doing to get other firmwares to work on the vzw network.

Any new features worth noting?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turboc
    I'm just about convinced there is either a hardware limitation with the Verizon v9m that limits the usb drive functionality, or part of the seem/config restore we are doing to get other firmwares to work on the vzw network.

Any new features worth noting?
    No. It was just as easy to get everything working as with the Alltel and USC v9m monsters.
    It's not a hardware limitation. Monster flashes don't overwrite everything.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This flash seems to be closer to a generic than the us celluar. The mma_ucp has a "Games and Apps" icon to take you to the Brew catalog. And after flashing with the Bell v9m upgrage, that icon can be used to access java using the same 2742 and 275a cricket seems. I think this might be a better springboard to a java upgrade flash than the others.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid rooted and OC'd w/Cyanogen Mod
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ballin! i can't wait to use java, but we need to get those bugs finally worked out. good thing this is a better "spring board" :P

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quite honestly though, getting java and 1x data working is quite simple with any of the v9m monsters.

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomknyu
    Thanks to FullFlasher over at mobile-files:
    http://rs82.rapidshare.com/files/883...ricket_V9m.rar
    SPARK0_X_02.0C.1CP
    It's the real deal. Unfortunately, USB drive still doesn't work and SMS is at 150 characters.
    What was the PRIxxxxxx version in RSD General
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry GoldMembr, I flashed away from it already. If someone flashes with this, please grab that info.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomknyu
    This flash seems to be closer to a generic than the us celluar. The mma_ucp has a "Games and Apps" icon to take you to the Brew catalog. And after flashing with the Bell v9m upgrage, that icon can be used to access java using the same 2742 and 275a cricket seems. I think this might be a better springboard to a java upgrade flash than the others.
    Did you do a filesystem backup with BitPim as well as the 2742 and 275a. That would be great to have. I want to check all the Cricket filesystem stuff out. Thanks

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just flashed to it last night, still playing around with it. Followed the USC guide, however didnt have to replace any menu files, as the Cricket is 9 icon, and has the web browser.

One thing I noticed durring the process, at step #3g in the guide, I went to change the last character from 2 to 4, I noticed it was 3. I changed it to 4 anyway, and everything seems to be working without a hitch.

Only problem is that the tethered NAI gets reset to something with cricket in it durring *228, everything else is fine. And after going in there to fix it, DUN works good too.

VZ Nav & Backup assistant work as well.

Anything anyone else wants to know, just ask. Also, here is the software info:

Software: SPARK0_X_02.0C.1CP
    Flex: XS4CKT01V9M1NA6B.32P_PRIoo03266 - 0.1.2.0.1.0.0.6.5.5.1.3.0.0.0

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbpyro
    Just flashed to it last night, still playing around with it. Followed the USC guide, however didnt have to replace any menu files, as the Cricket is 9 icon, and has the web browser.

One thing I noticed durring the process, at step #3g in the guide, I went to change the last character from 2 to 4, I noticed it was 3. I changed it to 4 anyway, and everything seems to be working without a hitch.

Only problem is that the tethered NAI gets reset to something with cricket in it durring *228, everything else is fine. And after going in there to fix it, DUN works good too.

VZ Nav & Backup assistant work as well.

Anything anyone else wants to know, just ask. Also, here is the software info:

Software: SPARK0_X_02.0C.1CP
    Flex: XS4CKT01V9M1NA6B.32P_PRIoo03266 - 0.1.2.0.1.0.0.6.5.5.1.3.0.0.0
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind doing a filetree backup with BitPim and posting a link in this thread. Thanks

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMembr
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind doing a filetree backup with BitPim and posting a link in this thread. Thanks
    Check your PM

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The fix for being able to use the end key to close get it now works, as posted here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=702

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Something else I noticed, there is no NAM menu at all in the Programming Menu (the one accessible via #073887*)

I believe there is another key-combo to enter the NAM menu directly, but am also curious to know if there is a seem edit to enable the NAM menu programming within the programming menu.

Device(s)
    Moto RAZR˛ V9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any other notable advantages or differences over the Bell or USC firmwares?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast