Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LCMinutes to help you track your call minutes, free SMS, data allowance usage

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

LCMinutes to help you track your call minutes, free SMS, data allowance usage

LCMinutes is an application that keeps track of phone calls, SMS, and data traffic, calculates their charge based on user defined rate plan, and thus keep user informed of the up-to-date balance information: like current charges, used free minutes, used free messages, used free data allowlance, expire date for prepaid plans, etc.

For more information, please visit http://lctools.blogspot.com.

Change History:
    Version 1.30:

* Feature change: support for data traffic, user can set monthly data limit and rates per kilobytes for extra data traffic, and whether to round up to the next full kilobytes when calculating charges.

Version 1.25:

* Feature change: load call & SMS logs not automatic any more. Application start up is fast again;
    * Bug fix: duplicate phone calls when importing now are avoided;

Version 1.24:

* Automatically load call & SMS logs in phone, automatically calculating related charges;
    * Support re-calculating charge for past call & SMS after updating rate plan or balance;
    * Balance effective day can be any prior date;

* Update the support of charging units concept: now user can set SMS to share the free units with call minutes, and user can set how many seconds equals a SMS.

* New special rates format: now support different rates for weekday, weekend, evening and incoming calls. And rates for phone call and SMS is now combined together.

* Support treating SMS as one call minute: so one SMS is sent, it's counted into the free minutes as one minute until all free minutes are used, and then it will be charged with SMS charging rates.

Version 1.20:

* Windows Mobile 5/6 Smartphone is supported, but only verified on emulators.
    * Import/Export rate plan and balance is now supported.
    * Call and SMS display in main window is changed: now 2 digits is used to display year, e.g. year 2008 is displayed 08. And the direction of call and SMS is moved to the second line, while "Out" is replaced with "<=", and "In" is replaced with "=>".
    * Now rates for weekday, weekend, evening, and starting minutes have one more digit after the decimal point than balance. So now if the balance has 2 digits after the decimal point, then rates for weekday will have 3 digits.
    * Balance setting screen is scrollable now if the screen is too small to display all contents.
    * Exclude special rates minutes from minutes counting when the rates is zero.
    * Some minor code optimization.

Version 1.14:

* Support special rates for outgoing and incoming calls and SMS: special rates format changed.
    * Today plugin now compatible with Spb Pocket Plus.

Version 1.13:

* Record phone call & SMS into balance database even its charge is $0.0.
    * Limit special rates for outgoing calls only.

Version 1.12:

* Support special rates: user can use this feature to support long distance rates, pay per call service numbers (like 900 service numbers), or even different rates for different type of phone numbers, like the different rates based on phone number types seen in Australian operators. Check LCMinutes FAQ for the details.

Version 1.11:

* Support free numbers: user can now input their free numbers into the rate plan to get them excluded from charge calculation. This should help the users with features like myFaves, My Five, free in network calls, etc.

Version 1.10:
    * Support user defined charge interval, from per second to many minutes;
    * Support different charging interval & rates for starting minutes (user defined) for every phone call, or every day;
    * Support per call connection fee, can be both way or outgoing call only;
    * Support using only starting rates: which means a phone call started in daytime is charged as daytime minutes entirely, and vice versa;
    * Support tax calculation;
    * Support weekday definition: e.g., define weekday from Sunday (0) - Saturday (6) means there's no weekend;
    * Support unused minutes, SMS rollover;
    * Better support for postpaid monthly plans;
    * Some codes and UI optimization;

Version 1.05:

* Recompiled for Windows Mobile 5 Professional: it still works fine on Windows Mobile 6, and it should work on Windows Mobile 5 now (only verified on emulator);
    * Changed the Today Plugin initial position to the last.

Version 1.04:

* Fix a bug that rates in rate plan setting is not correctly saved: now the biggest number can be saved is 429496.72;
    * Fix a bug that sometimes a call is not charged.

Version 1.03:

* Support 4 digit precision for rates & balance: this means rates like $0.1225 per minute can be input;
    * Support different currency format based on Regional Settings: so user can choose different currency symbol (instead of just $), and different precision;
    * Default name for the generated rate plan changed: active operator name and owner name are used;
    * Fixed the today plugin bug: now the today item can be moved to any position;
    * Some minor code optimizations.

Version 1.02:

* Change the format of minutes & SMS usage information display in Today Plugin and the balance bar in main window.

Version 1.01:

* Support of VGA screen;
    * Support displaying of minutes & SMS usage information on Today plugin and the balance bar in main window for postpaid plan;
    * Fix a bug that when updating rate plan, the balance is not updated accordingly.

Version 1.0:

* The initial version.

Download:

Download LCMinutesPPC V1.30

Phones
    LG Fusic (Retired)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Humm.... going to try this and see how it goes.
    SERO F&F 500
    N/W Starting at 7 p.m.
    Mobile to Mobile
    Unlimited Data
    Free Unlimited Texts
    Free Pick 3
    Free 100 Bonus Mins
    TEP

Total = $37.00

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

And then

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_omega
    Humm.... going to try this and see how it goes.
    And then, please let's know how it goes, work or not?

Phones
    LG Fusic (Retired)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Tried it but don't think it recognizes sero plans unless you configure it yourself. Kinda was more work then it was worth but maybe I just have to give it another try. I'll give it another try today.

Phones
    LG Fusic (Retired)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonPlus
    And then, please let's know how it goes, work or not?
    I thought it was supposed to auto recognize your plan but it doesn't seem to do that. There is just too much stuff to program for my taste. I would just rather call or look it up online. I guess this no not for me.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Owned: GalaxyS2 Skyrocket,iPhone4, iPhone3G 8GB, HTC Tilt, Sony Ericsson K550i, Sony Ericsson s710a
    Owned:V60,Nokia 5160,Nokia 3360,Moto V400(v600flexed)-Broke,Samsung s307-, Motorola i730, Moto i830
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    sounds like an interesting app, ill have to check it out especially since its can collect data transfers.
    Current Devices:
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted
    • Asus MeMo 10" Tablet - Rooted

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Nokia 3220
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

works great, except data

Great app,

took about 5 minutes set it to my plan, but was flexible enough to accommodate it. It works great for calls and sms, but it doesn't seem to track my data usage.

I'm on a rogers locked HTC touch, could it be that they've disable the data counter?

I wouldn't be surprised, those scheming bastards.

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Data traffic not tracked

Quote Originally Posted by BP10000
    Great app,

took about 5 minutes set it to my plan, but was flexible enough to accommodate it. It works great for calls and sms, but it doesn't seem to track my data usage.

I'm on a rogers locked HTC touch, could it be that they've disable the data counter?

I wouldn't be surprised, those scheming bastards.
    Hi, BP10000, about the data traffic, LCMinutes only tracks data through GPRS/HSPA/EVDO, it won't track data through cable or WiFi. If you are using HSPA and it's not tracked, then it's a problem.

Could you please confirm that your call & SMS are automatically recorded, and that your GPRS/HSPA connection is longer than 10 seconds? Because if the connection is shorter than 10 seconds, then LCMinutes might not get the time to read the counter yet.

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Nokia 3220
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    just tested it, using explorer mobile, on EDGE. connected for a minute or two, did a quick search in google and some other stuff. Still has my data balance showing as 0.0K/5M.

One other thing, is there any way to account for long distance charges?

great job though, thanks for putting this together.

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

That is bad.

just tested it, using explorer mobile, on EDGE. connected for a minute or two, did a quick search in google and some other stuff. Still has my data balance showing as 0.0K/5M.

One other thing, is there any way to account for long distance charges?

great job though, thanks for putting this together.
    Hi, BP10000, free long distance minutes is not supported yet, but you can use special rates to support long distance charge. Please check LCMinutes FAQ for special rates format.

As for data traffic problem, do you mind help taking some traces to see what's the problem?

1. Use a registry editor, to change \HKLM\Software\LCTools\LCMinutes\MonitorTraceMode to 4097;
    2. Reboot your machine;
    3. Use Internet Explorer Mobile to visit a simple page, after the EDGE connection last for more than 10 seconds, disconnect it;
    4. Find the trace file LCMMTrace.txt under the install folder of LCMinutes, normally \Program Files\LCMinutes;
    5. Send this plain text file to my email address: lyonplus[AT]gmail[DOT]com.

Thanks!
    Last edited by LyonPlus; 02-08-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Update

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Nokia 3220
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi Lyon,

I just tried out the SPB gprs monitor free version (rogers doesn't include this program on the installation CD) and it doesn't track gprs usage either, even when I open explorer through the SPB home screen item.

Have you figured anything out from the trace I sent?
    Do you know of any registry entry I could check that maybe rogers has used to disable data tracking? (they are crooks!)

thanks again!

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Data connect type is not what LCMinutes expects.

Hi Lyon,

I just tried out the SPB gprs monitor free version (rogers doesn't include this program on the installation CD) and it doesn't track gprs usage either, even when I open explorer through the SPB home screen item.

Have you figured anything out from the trace I sent?
    Do you know of any registry entry I could check that maybe rogers has used to disable data tracking? (they are crooks!)

thanks again!
    Hi, BP10000

Thanks for taking the time to get the traces, and paying Rogers by doing it!

The problem seems the IP helper functions in your phone reports a data connection type not expected by LCMinutes (and Spb GPRS Monitor). I will try to support this new type in my next release, and see whether it will interfere with other type of connections like WiFi.

And sorry for the late response, I was having a 7 hour long nap.

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Cool LCMinutes 1.31 supports minute beep, today customization

Version 1.31:

* Today / Homescreen display customization: now user can choose what to display on their LCMinutes Today / Homescreen plugin.
    * Minute beep support: timing and period are both user defined, incoming call and outgoing call can have different timing and period. So user can define a half minute (or whatever seconds he wants) beep period if his/her charging unit is 30 seconds instead of 1 minute.
    * The data allowance limit can be 4T bytes, instead of 4G bytes, in maximum.
    * New data connection type support: this should fix the problem that data traffic is not recorded on some phones, or some operators.
    * Effective date support when importing balance: this enable user to set a balance for a past date.
    * Data traffic sample timing now can be changed by user.
    * Trace mode support.
    * Some minor code optimizations.

Visit http://lctools.blogspot.com for more details. Let me know if you have any comments.

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Nokia 3220
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

arggh

HI Lyon,
    still not working for me on rogers

I tried installing on sd card and on the phone memory, but it didn't work either way.

I see you added the trace option under tracking, does that save the trouble of doing the change in the registry?

I installed a new ROM and unlocked my phone since we last talked.

would another trace file help you out?

Phone
    htc TyTN
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Data traffic tracking still not working?

HI Lyon,
    still not working for me on rogers

I tried installing on sd card and on the phone memory, but it didn't work either way.

I see you added the trace option under tracking, does that save the trouble of doing the change in the registry?

I installed a new ROM and unlocked my phone since we last talked.

would another trace file help you out?
    Yes, BP10000, please do take a new trace file and send it to me.

And yes, you are right about the trace setting, it's exactly for this purpose. But you need to reboot your machine for it to take effect.

And BTW, could you please let me know your ROM before and after your upgrade: version, date, radio, etc?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast