Thread: Coming From A900 Going to Touch?!?

Device(s)
    Palm Centro & Motorola Bluetooth Headset
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Coming From A900 Going to Touch?!?

Well yes this would be my first smart phone, any suggestions or opinions on whether or not this would be a suitable upgrade?

What can others tell me about similar phones that i should look into other than the touch?

I do like the touch but have some concerns,

The keyboard, (but yes i know you can find one online that suits your needs)
    WM6 - Will this phone have an update to 6.1 in the near future for free?
    Touchflo 2.0? - Upgrade? or built in to newer touch's ?
    Flash? - Is this a major problem when trying to watch videos?

Thanks for your help!
    R.I.P HtC Touch - Welcome New Centro User!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just as an update if anyone is interested, got the Touch (Sprint's Version)
    Was overwhelmed at first, but now getting used to it and love how small the thing is .... so far so good ...

Feedback Score
    Wow. You are an impulse buyer. One week after posting.
    I think that you have very good questions there hope someone answers them.

I am looking at the Touch Cruise and Touch dual as my next phone. I was going to go with LG....forgot the model. (Not the Prada and not the Viewty but the other one) because of the keyboard is easy to use. But a light bulb went on and I said can't you just hack and upgrade one so I searched and you can so I'm back on board. Unlike you I will getting an unlocked GSM Touch. How do you like it so far. I played with sprint's in the store the other day for a bit but the sales people were getting on my nerves with questions and watching over my back so I didn't use it play with it for long. How often do you use the stylus. I would imagine you can use the D-pad for the little things. Kinda like the wheele on the cruise.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    to be honest the only time i use the stylus is when the newer keyboard (xt9) covers over half the screen and i need that space to fill in a password or something on the half that is covered, hence i use that small small keypad using the stylus ....

I am really becoming familiar with the thing at this point, and it really does everything. I have all my email come in the minute it hits my inbox to my phone, i have my entire schedule mapped out on reminders/calender which remind me of upcoming things 5-10 mins prior to them happening ...

The internet is great now (when using the mobile sites) all other sites are somewhat annoying to get into ... but they still work ... Microsoft live is great with messenger, google maps/traffic/directions and even get the latest cheapest gas stations list ..

The homescreen is cool with the 5 day weather there all the time, and the fact that you can change the theme of the device very quickly and easily (even scored some free ones when i signed up to live) ....

Other than that i haven't even touched the other progams (Microsoft office tools, java apps, notes, windows media player, picture/video viewer etc etc etc ... )

Lastly the camera is good when in the right lighting conditions, when not its not great, videos are the same ...

Thats it for now, might add to this later on when other things come up ...

Feedback Score
    That' sweet that you hardly have to use the sylus. I'm actually looking at getting the Touch Cruise but not for a while when price drops and I save up the money. Yes I know I swtiched the from what I said above but I love the way it looks and the turn wheel. If there's some little thing I probably can't press with my fingers the wheel should come in handy.

Yup, kinda sucks that it's 2MP the Touch Cruise is 3MP. My current phone mortorola Rizr Z3 is 2MP with a flash light and it's pretty good. HTC chould really start making phoes with 3MP or up.

I also went to a different sprint store this afternoon and got to miss around with the touch more. It had the updated keyboard I guess. The one that's like the standard phone 9 key layout and also a 20 key qwerty. It was pretty easy to use. Can't wait for another month. must buy know.

Device(s)
    Htc Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Zoomboard works perfect on the touch. completes it truly. glad i bought it.