Thread: Who has the most cell towers and best coverage for the whole USA.

Phones
    Two Nokia 8260's
    Two Motorola i1000+'s
    Two Motorola flip phone 500's
    Carrier
    Cingular TDMA, AT&T TDMA, NEXTEL IDEN, Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score

Question Who has the most cell towers and best coverage for the whole USA.

*Cingular

*Nextel

*Voicestream

I am not interested in any other providers.

I saw the USA map for Voicestream......not impressed.

1) Who has the most coverage for the USA?

2) Who has the most coverage for Atlanta, Georgia?

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well it kinda depends in your case you have a much larger roaming area b/c your phone is TDMA but for me in NC with the GSM roaming in the US is limited to major highways basically the voicestream map is what we go by since they are all GSM and keep up with coverage changes better.

Although i work for Cingular i would have to say that overall nationwide coverage would go to verizon but i don't know that for sure and alot of their coverage is old analog towers they are an older company, or combined company out of older companies. In NC cingular/bell south DCS is only about 6-7 years old not counting our beginning days as an analog provider in SC only.
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G, BB Bold, Pearl, Storm
    LG Dare, MOTOROKR Z6m, Nokia 5310, 5610, 5800, 6301, 8801, N75, N82, N95
    Palm Centro, Samsung BJ, Sony Ericsson TM506, K850i, TMO G1, Sidekick LX, VZW Ovation USB720
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    TDMA digital coverage is more complete. So, I would say Cingular that is why they are #2 carrier. You will roam onto AT&T when out of Cingular TDMA coverage.

GSM coverage is quite limited right now, but once AT&T completes their roll out, I will predict GSM will be more dominent. Cingular, Voicestream will then be very complete.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by lazarus
    Well it kinda depends in your case you have a much larger roaming area b/c your phone is TDMA but for me in NC with the GSM roaming in the US is limited to major highways basically the voicestream map is what we go by since they are all GSM and keep up with coverage changes better.

Although i work for Cingular i would have to say that overall nationwide coverage would go to verizon but i don't know that for sure and alot of their coverage is old analog towers they are an older company, or combined company out of older companies. In NC cingular/bell south DCS is only about 6-7 years old not counting our beginning days as an analog provider in SC only.
    http://www.berkana.com/tower.php3?st...ration_number=
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phone
    whatever you don't have
    Carriers
    Stan & Ed since 1993
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by powertoburn
    TDMA digital coverage is more complete. So, I would say Cingular that is why they are #2 carrier. You will roam onto AT&T when out of Cingular TDMA coverage.
    and AWS customers do the same on Cingular
    Originally posted by Aaron662c
    RF doesnt matter when you have such a cool phone WHO NEEDS An RF SIGNAL ANYWAY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by usual
    I have no wrong info that I am aware of.

Feedback Score
    The question should actually be who has the best trade agreements everyone does tower sharing. Which means it doesn't matter who you have service with, they all share with people they have agreements with, even in your home area, you may not even be picked up by your carriers tower. It's all politics. If the company doesn't have trade agreements with towers in that area, then you get bad reception or none at all. Likewise outages and problems in areas are not always your providers fault. The FCC regulates it which means federal goverment semi-controled chaos. And if your wondering how bad they can mess things up you need to be following the Nextwave thing.
    Antioch

However, I never told you, and if you ever say I did, I will deny it.