Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official HTC s640 hack thread

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks to Rileyfreeman I tried the MSN Direct and it gives you a home screen weather view...enjoy
    then msn direct
    http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/0...windows-mobile/
    Osu

Device(s)
    Cooked rom NexusOne
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whothis
    Thanks to Rileyfreeman I tried the MSN Direct and it gives you a home screen weather view...enjoy
    then msn direct
    http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/0...windows-mobile/

hmm your link seems to be broken.

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t3xboar
    hmm your link seems to be broken.
    sorry about that here is the full link
    http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/02...indows-mobile/

Feedback Score

all but youtube video is working

when i goto play a video from youtube it starts the windows media player.
    then get the unknown error has occured. and it freezes up for a minute.

how do i get it to start the tcmp player instead. i ran the cab files for flash and tcmp from temp folder and they installed successfully. i did a soft reset but cant play videos. i assume a youtube video should link to tcmp player. is there any way to remove windows media player all together? all other hacks worked great.

Device(s)
    Cooked rom NexusOne
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htchtc
    when i goto play a video from youtube it starts the windows media player.
    then get the unknown error has occured. and it freezes up for a minute.

how do i get it to start the tcmp player instead. i ran the cab files for flash and tcmp from temp folder and they installed successfully. i did a soft reset but cant play videos. i assume a youtube video should link to tcmp player. is there any way to remove windows media player all together? all other hacks worked great.

it should open in tcmp automatically. I would uninstall tcmp and install it again after a reboot (to be sure). remember there are two parts you need to install for it to funtion. one a sort of codex cab and the other the tcmp one.

remember they both need to be installed in/to the same DIR. for me I tossed them onto my SD card.

Feedback Score

Java

How about Java so you can install Opera and run other software? How does one go about setting that up?

I thought Java apps were supported right off the bat.

I have the Opera Mini jad and jar files for installation. When I click on them in File Explorer, there is an error saying no associated application.

Feedback Score
    Found the answer. Esmertec is the MIDlet manager of choice for the S640.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...=Esmertec+jbed

Why it is superior over the popular Risidoro (TAO) Intent and IBM J9 is explained here. It just plain works for the S640, unlike the other 2.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post10686124

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I finally got my phone back and I just performed the hacks from the first thread.

I do not have HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\Menu\AniType so I am not able to enable/disable menu animations. Windows animations were already disabled. And, I lowered the font cache down to 2048.

I havent checked to see it the telus web app works or not, but I see that it is still on the start page? Can someone tell me how to remove 'TELUS mobile email' from my start page? And maybe if possible change where it says 'TELUS' below that to something else like my name?

Thanks, and now to try out smartkit!

Feedback Score
    I installed the Vista app and everything is awesome now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdanco
    Can someone tell me how to remove 'TELUS mobile email' from my start page? And maybe if possible change where it says 'TELUS' below that to something else like my name?
    This may shed some insight. I have found that installing Skype or Fring eliminates the TELUS mobile email link. It's replaced by a row of icons for recently used apps. In that way, regardless of what the home screen looked like, it becomes like one of the standard home page themes. I think it's either Windows Basic or Windows Default. There may be other apps that have the same effect. As a general pattern, what seems to be happening is any installed app that "takes over" the role of communications in the registry causes this. As a final note, for varying reasons, Skype and Fring don't work on the S640, possibly other HTCs according to my research.

Feedback Score
    I was able to remove the telus mobile email link and change the "telus" below it to my name...

all you need to do is edit one file...

1. sync up with your computer and explore your phone
    2. goto "application data" then "home" folder
    3. iam using windows default theme so copy full.home.xml to your computer
    4. edit this file with notepad
    5. find and remove the following text...
    <plugin clsid="***5A61DB6-973C-4751-86C1-8F0AF1CB4D0D}" name="TELUS mobile email" height="18"></plugin>

that takes care of the telus mobile email on the windows default theme i asume u can edit some of the other xml files to change the other themes too.

6. a couple lines down from the telus mobile email plugin there is a line that says <label font-size="22" ><text><carrier/></text></label>
    7. change the <carrier/> to <your name>
    8. now save the file and upload it to your phone again.

9. for the changes to come into effect goto the settings and change your theme to something differant and then change it back.

and your done

hope this helped and worked for you

EDIT: if you go back into your phone and you no longer have the windows default theme youve done something wrong so use your back up and try again.

Device(s)
    HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, I'm new to this site and phone, so please bare with me. I am stuck at these instructions:

* Copy the "Disable Security" shortcut in "\Windows\Start Menu"
    * Copy "AEConfig.exe" and "DisableSecurity.xml" in the "Temp" folder

^^
    When you copy them from the unlock-all folder, where do you paste the 2 folders? I pasted it into my phone and tried to run it but it says i am missing a file....

Device(s)
    HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, is there any way to hack the ringtones so I can use a custom ring for message alerts? It will only work for ringtones, not anything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS_2007
    Also, is there any way to hack the ringtones so I can use a custom ring for message alerts? It will only work for ringtones, not anything else.
    Why not use replace the file in question with another sound file of the same name?

Feedback Score
    {SOLVED} How to configure VoIP/SIP client in WM6.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299950

Is the Telus S640 one of those devices have that WM6 VOIP support removed? I can find no "Internet Calling" in the home page, there are no packages called VoIP and VoIPOS in the Windows directory as described in that famous thread I have linked.

If that is indeed the case, why does Telus ALWAYS do such an underhanded manoever!!?

Addendum: I want to use VOIP applications such as Fring and Mobile Skype in WiFi hotspots.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast