Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official HTC s640 hack thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS_2007
    Sorry guys, I'm new to this site and phone, so please bare with me. I am stuck at these instructions:

* Copy the "Disable Security" shortcut in "\Windows\Start Menu"
    * Copy "AEConfig.exe" and "DisableSecurity.xml" in the "Temp" folder

^^
    When you copy them from the unlock-all folder, where do you paste the 2 folders? I pasted it into my phone and tried to run it but it says i am missing a file....
    \Windows\Start Menu and Temp direcotries refers to the S640.

You downloaded the zip package to your computer or directly from the S640 if you were using mobile internet. Unzip it. Whereever the files are, copy to them to the aforementioned directories on the S640. In the case of the files residing on your computer, you'll need to hook up the USB cable to the S640. If you were donig that for the first time, Windows will ask you to install the drivers.

Feedback Score

rtsp protocol not supported.

get this every time i try to open a youtube video.

i installed the flash cab in side the tcmtp folder and then did a soft reset.

so you can play youtube videos?

Quote Originally Posted by t3xboar
    it should open in tcmp automatically. I would uninstall tcmp and install it again after a reboot (to be sure). remember there are two parts you need to install for it to funtion. one a sort of codex cab and the other the tcmp one.

remember they both need to be installed in/to the same DIR. for me I tossed them onto my SD card.

Feedback Score

I just use the htc smp player now. works great.

http://thinkabdul.com/2007/06/29/dow...-pcsmartphone/

Quote Originally Posted by htchtc
    get this every time i try to open a youtube video.

i installed the flash cab in side the tcmtp folder and then did a soft reset.

so you can play youtube videos?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy W
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB13
    EDIT: if you go back into your phone and you no longer have the windows default theme youve done something wrong so use your back up and try again.
    i have tried this in the past and it worked fine. i tried it today, and i can't seem to see the changed file in my folder. tried a back up, and it does the same thing! i edit the file using notepad, all i did was delete the telus mobile email line and save and replace the file in the phone, and it just doesnt show up after i save...any thoughts?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy W
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimym
    i have tried this in the past and it worked fine. i tried it today, and i can't seem to see the changed file in my folder. tried a back up, and it does the same thing! i edit the file using notepad, all i did was delete the telus mobile email line and save and replace the file in the phone, and it just doesnt show up after i save...any thoughts?
    nevermind...checked file on internet explorer and there was a typo

Device(s)
    HTC S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    has anyone found a hack to disable the answer/ignore softkeys when there is an incoming call. Even when the phone is locked these keys are active and are answering and ignoring calls on there own. I love this phone but the issue is killing me.

Feedback Score
    hey so i am trying to figure out how to play videos, such as youtube clips on the s640 and i downloaded the HTC Streaming Media Player but whenever i try to play something it says "failed to find network"

what can i do to fix this or what else should i download to allow me to play this stuff

Device(s)
    Cooked rom NexusOne
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danstark16
    hey so i am trying to figure out how to play videos, such as youtube clips on the s640 and i downloaded the HTC Streaming Media Player but whenever i try to play something it says "failed to find network"

what can i do to fix this or what else should i download to allow me to play this stuff

This may sound silly but did you have the net activated on the phone? if you disabled the 777 thing or there are no wifi spots near you.. it will give this type of error.

a network error is just that - a network issue not the player hehe.

Device(s)
    Cooked rom NexusOne
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bangermania
    has anyone found a hack to disable the answer/ignore softkeys when there is an incoming call. Even when the phone is locked these keys are active and are answering and ignoring calls on there own. I love this phone but the issue is killing me.

buy bigger pants? O.o

I keep my phone in my jeans front pocket and never had this issue of it answering/quitting when i take it out.. ?!

Device(s)
    HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    buy bigger pants? O.o

I keep my phone in my jeans front pocket and never had this issue of it answering/quitting when i take it out.. ?!

lol

i have the same problem with my phone. whenever it rings, i take the phone out of the phone case and it either hangs up or answers it automaticall. the problem is not the phone, its the case. it wasnt designed too well, so when you pull out your phone while it rings, it will accidently hit the answer button or the red button. i bought a new cell phone case that can be pulled out vertically and the problem is gone

Device(s)
    HTC S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    lol

i have the same problem with my phone. whenever it rings, i take the phone out of the phone case and it either hangs up or answers it automaticall. the problem is not the phone, its the case. it wasnt designed too well, so when you pull out your phone while it rings, it will accidently hit the answer button or the red button. i bought a new cell phone case that can be pulled out vertically and the problem is gone

I guess I just wanna do everything the hard way.

Feedback Score
    This may sound silly but did you have the net activated on the phone? if you disabled the 777 thing or there are no wifi spots near you.. it will give this type of error.

a network error is just that - a network issue not the player hehe.

haha yeah i did have the internet on haha but no matter where i go what network i try running it off of the youtube videos will never play, is there maybe some other program i can try that will make the videos play?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Also, is there any way to hack the ringtones so I can use a custom ring for message alerts? It will only work for ringtones, not anything else.
    There is no need to change the names of anything. just put the custom ringtones you wish to use for message alerts in the "sounds" folder. they then should come up as options when changing you message alert ringtones.

Device(s)
    LG 535
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I need some help i tried everything to get my telus phone to open up on the registery, i keep getting aces denied any one please help

Device(s)
    LG 535
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Second thing i tried the Tutorial for the you Tube i would either get, server to busy, try again later, on some thing else, AND HOW DO YOU PREFEROM A SOFT RESET ON THE S640 ???? THANK YOU

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast