Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official HTC s640 hack thread

Feedback Score

videos

okay so i gave up for a while but now im sick of it, how can i play videos on my phone form youtube and so on.. i swear i have tried everything!!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danstark16
    okay so i gave up for a while but now im sick of it, how can i play videos on my phone form youtube and so on.. i swear i have tried everything!!

Just download and install vTap.

Not only youtube but any other major video site will work. And it's fast.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I am new to hacking phones, but not new to computers, so please be patient with my questions. I have 3 questions and they are all prefaced with Question #:.

Quote Originally Posted by t3xboar
    Alright everyone, I know I promised this a while ago and all hehe.

First, you all need a registry editor. I enjoy working from my large screen on my pc, so I used the MobileRegistryEditor. It connects via the active sync and works perfectly. You can download it from (and yes its free):

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilit...ry_Editor.aspx

Question 1: Does this mean you download the registery editor directly to your phone or download it to your computer and run it on your phone? I guess since I have never used ActiveSync I am just uncertain where these programs are downloaded to

Unlock the phone’s registry

Once this step is preformed, you will have 100% access to the registry for modifications.

This must be run from your phone btw.

* Make sure you have ActiveSync installed and your phone connected via USB or serial port.
    * Download AeConfig.zip
    * Unzip the file
    * Copy the "Disable Security" shortcut in "\Windows\Start Menu"
    * Copy "AEConfig.exe" and "DisableSecurity.xml" in the "Temp" folder
    * Now on your Smartphone run the shortcut "disable security" from your phones start menu
    * You should be prompted that it worked (might take a bit)

Question 2: Does this mean you download the programs on your computer and then sync them to your phone or download them directly to your phone?

Voila registry is now unlocked.
    ((program attached))

Plugins

SmartToolKit is seriously THE most amazing thing you can install on this phone. Stop reading, start downloading. I installed their SDK e-natives signed kit, not the windows one. Its worth getting just for the softkey task manager kill button.

Takes a few days to get used to, but omg! Once you do you will never ever use another layout in your life. It’s just that good! (The above imgs are screenshots taken straight from the cell phone using the toolkit!)

Question 3: When I go this site I see three links in the section RE: New Hosts on RO [RE:RC09-CORE1 Released ].

e-Natives Technology Root Certificate:
    RC09 e-Natives Technology Signed
    RC09 Full (ZIP)

Do I download all of them to the phone or computer or only RC09 e-Natives Technology Signed?

http://www.e-natives.com/www.php/new..._Released.html
    Thanks to everyone in advance!

Device(s)
    HTC S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB13
    I was able to remove the telus mobile email link and change the "telus" below it to my name...

all you need to do is edit one file...

1. sync up with your computer and explore your phone
    2. goto "application data" then "home" folder
    3. iam using windows default theme so copy full.home.xml to your computer
    4. edit this file with notepad
    5. find and remove the following text...
    <plugin clsid="***5A61DB6-973C-4751-86C1-8F0AF1CB4D0D}" name="TELUS mobile email" height="18"></plugin>

that takes care of the telus mobile email on the windows default theme i asume u can edit some of the other xml files to change the other themes too.

6. a couple lines down from the telus mobile email plugin there is a line that says <label font-size="22" ><text><carrier/></text></label>
    7. change the <carrier/> to <your name>
    8. now save the file and upload it to your phone again.

9. for the changes to come into effect goto the settings and change your theme to something differant and then change it back.

and your done

hope this helped and worked for you

EDIT: if you go back into your phone and you no longer have the windows default theme youve done something wrong so use your back up and try again.

All this worked for me accept I had to remove the <> on the <your name> or it would not see the file. Mine looks like:

<label font-size="22" ><text>your name</text></label>

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaltodd
    All this worked for me accept I had to remove the <> on the <your name> or it would not see the file. Mine looks like:

<label font-size="22" ><text>your name</text></label>
    This worked perfectly. Thanks!
    looking for a good FREE metronome for this handset.
    any help?

Device(s)
    HTC S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Crappy Camera

Is it just me or is this phone's camera exceptionally slow. I have an 8 year old point and shoot that out performs this thing by about 10 times. I have yet to take a clear picture with this phone. Don't get me wrong I didn't buy it as a digital camera but I thought I would be able to use it and get few decent shots, but this thing is barely usable.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The cameras on the S640 are actually rather poor. However, the phone itself has been a great unit since I picked it up in January. I haven't lost interest.

Smarttoolkit just makes it all the better.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 & iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skullan
    The cameras on the S640 are actually rather poor. However, the phone itself has been a great unit since I picked it up in January. I haven't lost interest.

Smarttoolkit just makes it all the better.
    it's not a bad camera if you have good bright lighting. if it is dim or somewhat dark the shutter stays open far to long and blurs the photo. the key is not to move a bit when taking a photo if the lighting is not good.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Moving IE cache off the phone into SD card

One of the first things you should do actually, get the browsers cache off the phone.

launch IE Mobile and the push Menu / Options / Memory - then select Temporary Files and press Clear. Clear Cookies and History while you are here too.

Once it's cleared, create 3 folders on your storage card:

\Storage Card\Temp\Temporary Internet Files
    \Storage Card\Temp\Cookies
    \Storage Card\Temp\History

Once you have these created, open the registry editor and browse to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    and modify the key values to match the new folders you've just created.
    Has anyone done something similar for Opera Mobile?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Untested "should work no problem" Hack

(dont have a GPS puck to test) but hack is same reg placement for nearly any phone actually.

Getting Google Maps to work with Bluetooth GPS

While trolling the net linked from someplace called qusers.com, from a user called evil247

1.) Make sure the following registry key exists:
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers
    - If key not present, then create it.

2.) Create the following String value under the "Drivers" key:
    CurrentDriver = My GPS Driver

3.) Make sure the following key exists:
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS IntermediateDriver\Drivers\My GPS Driver
    - If key not present, then create it.

4.) Create the following String values under the "My GPS Driver" key:
    InterfaceType = "COMM"
    FriendlyName = "My GPS Driver"
    CommPort = "COM1:"

(Note: This assumes your GPS is assigned to COM1:. If not, change the CommPort to the correct port number)

In theory this is prett damn smart, it would force the phone and gmaps to look someplace it wouldnt normally. Thus using the bluetooth puck.

I've ordered a gps puck from ebay, and will be testing this soon. If anyone can or is willing/comfortable enough to test this before, then by all means letus know if it works!
    How'd things go for testing th GPS puck?
    Which one did you end up getting?

Feedback Score

youtube on telus with htc s640

how did u get your telus htc s640 smartphone to play youtube videos?

i tried alreadya few things adn still no dice..

i just get the error msg "failed to find network"

any sugggestions would be great

Device(s)
    htc s640
    Feedback Score
    ok i downloaded the smart kit but it keeps freezin wen i got to the contacs an go tru them is there neway to fix this ??????????

i like the too kit i jus dnt like how it freezes

Feedback Score
    Seems like a nice device so far... just have a couple Q's...

1. Is there any way to disable the flashing LED?

2. Is there any util (like the Q's Inbox Extender) for this phone? I tried Inbox Extender but it doesn't work - maybe only for WM5?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    HTC s640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    the contact list on the smart toolkit start menu does not like last names. if you put last names in the first name field as well where you edit your contacts it fixes this problem

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lee
    {SOLVED} How to configure VoIP/SIP client in WM6.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299950

Is the Telus S640 one of those devices have that WM6 VOIP support removed? I can find no "Internet Calling" in the home page, there are no packages called VoIP and VoIPOS in the Windows directory as described in that famous thread I have linked.

If that is indeed the case, why does Telus ALWAYS do such an underhanded manoever!!?

Addendum: I want to use VOIP applications such as Fring and Mobile Skype in WiFi hotspots.
    VOIP works fine on this model. Following the instructions on the link you mentioned are suitable for the S640 as well. When connected to the internet (over WiFi of course), you can dial as if you were dialing normally. However, the inbound volume is really low and through the speakerphone and not the earpiece. In addition to that apparently the S640 has short DTMF tones which make getting voicemail almost impossible. I tried out different software and clearly the best was AGEphone mobile (35 smackeroonies). The sound was clear and DTMF tones worked flawlessly.

PS Pocketnesterplus is a must to add to your arsenal. Donkey Kong rocks!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast