Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official HTC s640 hack thread

Device(s)
    HTC s640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    has anybody had any success with recording calls with the s640? I tried Resco audio recorder, vito audio notes, PM recorder and one more which name i can't recall right now but none of these worked for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d5mith
    has anybody had any success with recording calls with the s640? I tried Resco audio recorder, vito audio notes, PM recorder and one more which name i can't recall right now but none of these worked for me.
    I tried it this morning... only records stuff on my end... kinda useless. Then after trying a few times I couldn't even make an outgoing call! Had to remove Vito and then it was ok again.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t3xboar
    Untested "should work no problem" Hack

(dont have a GPS puck to test) but hack is same reg placement for nearly any phone actually.

Getting Google Maps to work with Bluetooth GPS

While trolling the net linked from someplace called qusers.com, from a user called evil247

1.) Make sure the following registry key exists:
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers
    - If key not present, then create it.

2.) Create the following String value under the "Drivers" key:
    CurrentDriver = My GPS Driver

3.) Make sure the following key exists:
    - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS IntermediateDriver\Drivers\My GPS Driver
    - If key not present, then create it.

4.) Create the following String values under the "My GPS Driver" key:
    InterfaceType = "COMM"
    FriendlyName = "My GPS Driver"
    CommPort = "COM1:"

(Note: This assumes your GPS is assigned to COM1:. If not, change the CommPort to the correct port number)

In theory this is prett damn smart, it would force the phone and gmaps to look someplace it wouldnt normally. Thus using the bluetooth puck.

I've ordered a gps puck from ebay, and will be testing this soon. If anyone can or is willing/comfortable enough to test this before, then by all means letus know if it works!

Ok so I just got a gps unit and im trying to set it up.

Couple problems, first, the phone wolnt even see the unit via bluetooth, any help with that woudl be great...

second, when you say CommPort = "COM1:" is the Value Name CommPort and the Value Data COM1:

Also, how do I figure out what com port its on?

arg..frusturated haha

Device(s)
    Htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    OMG finally MY FAMILY woot ive been looking for stuff about the HTC iris for so long now.

Device(s)
    Htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

ok i got a quick question. i installed smarttoolkit. and i noticed that they have a autolock on it.
    one of the autolock functions you can display a clock. another display a picture. well its all nice and dandy except once the auto lock comes on after 4 seconds my screen goes off. it comes back on when i press my home button and unlock it of course. how do i make it so it stays locked but my screen doesnt got off. so i can see the clock continously?

thanks.

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ you will have to go to your settings and change your power saving settings
    Osu

Device(s)
    Htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whothis
    ^ you will have to go to your settings and change your power saving settings

i changed all my power management settings and made them to stay on permanantly. but still whenever it goes into keylock it turns the screen off in 4 seconds. weird :S

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know or can figure out how to change to sounds for things other then the standard ringtone? by this i mean use custom mp3 instead of the built in audio files . I have the s640 running wm6 btw

additonally how do i remove icons from the quick launch bar on the dashboard

thanks
    Last edited by theodoreunit; 08-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Device(s)
    Htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theodoreunit
    Does anyone know or can figure out how to change to sounds for things other then the standard ringtone? by this i mean use custom mp3 instead of the built in audio files . I have the s640 running wm6 btw
    like your alarm and lets say text message sound? you have to put the mp3 into this folder on your smartphone.

\application data\sounds.

just cut and paste it there.
    im sure theres another way to do it. but this is the easier i found

Device(s)
    Htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    for the dashboard. isnt it the last used items that shows up??

Device(s)
    Htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I think because this is like the only thread on the HTC iris S640 it should be stickied

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdoor
    like your alarm and lets say text message sound? you have to put the mp3 into this folder on your smartphone.

\application data\sounds.

just cut and paste it there.
    im sure theres another way to do it. but this is the easier i found

thanks it works

Feedback Score
    I want to know how unlock htcs640.please help thanks

Device(s)
    Cooked rom NexusOne
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    wow "my children" you have been busy

btw for those above asking about mp3 ringtones, i think a shortcut to the phones mp3 in that same folder will work also.

honeywell1, follow the steps in the very first post. it explains everything. technically the phone isn't locked for mp3s and stuff unless you really want to mod it, then you should unlock and proceed.

(whoever asked about the GPS puck working, ebay shipped one - box came in about 6 thousand pieces. postal workers decided to play football with it I guess. Im getting a new one soon and will lat you know.)

New problem / issue / needed Fix

MMS !!!

omg im tired of not having picture mesaging due to a huge telus oversight. So I started the process but many minds are greater than one...

There is no mms for this phone. This much we all know. HTC pretty much uses Arcsoft on all their models, but thanks to telus crippled again... bah.

I tried using the newest version of ArcsoftMMS4.2.8.1 and was fiddling with some settings.. google and some hour long research put me at

Server Nmae :Telus
    MMS Gateway: http://216.198.139.113
    Port: 80
    MMS URL: http://mmsfeplb01.int.eng.telusmobility.com:8088/mms
    Connect VIA: WAP 2.0 (might have to set to internet instead)

Seems that the setting are ok, but the mms in itself fails for some reason or other. either its telus working their magic and blocking on their side, or something isnt right with the program.

note that this version isnt made for the 640, so the menu's are kinda messed up. you can get by though.

So anyone have any ideas? another MMS program they use maybe? something to push this forward more?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 & iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t3xboar
    wow "my children" you have been busy

btw for those above asking about mp3 ringtones, i think a shortcut to the phones mp3 in that same folder will work also.

honeywell1, follow the steps in the very first post. it explains everything. technically the phone isn't locked for mp3s and stuff unless you really want to mod it, then you should unlock and proceed.

(whoever asked about the GPS puck working, ebay shipped one - box came in about 6 thousand pieces. postal workers decided to play football with it I guess. Im getting a new one soon and will lat you know.)

New problem / issue / needed Fix

MMS !!!

omg im tired of not having picture mesaging due to a huge telus oversight. So I started the process but many minds are greater than one...

There is no mms for this phone. This much we all know. HTC pretty much uses Arcsoft on all their models, but thanks to telus crippled again... bah.

I tried using the newest version of ArcsoftMMS4.2.8.1 and was fiddling with some settings.. google and some hour long research put me at

Server Nmae :Telus
    MMS Gateway: http://216.198.139.113
    Port: 80
    MMS URL: http://mmsfeplb01.int.eng.telusmobility.com:8088/mms
    Connect VIA: WAP 2.0 (might have to set to internet instead)

Seems that the setting are ok, but the mms in itself fails for some reason or other. either its telus working their magic and blocking on their side, or something isnt right with the program.

note that this version isnt made for the 640, so the menu's are kinda messed up. you can get by though.

So anyone have any ideas? another MMS program they use maybe? something to push this forward more?

What's with this "my children" bull***** smallfry!

Here is a link to the TELUS forum that discuss the MMS issue and workarounds for pda's / smartphones in detail: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&highlight=mms

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast