Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Official HTC s640 hack thread

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ok i skimmed through this thread and I can't find anyone having the same problem as me.

I followed the registry aeconfig.zip instructions but i cannot view the disable security file.

Any suggestions?
    "You only live life once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
    "Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free."
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get"
    "Happiness is determined more by one's state of mind than be external events" - Dalai Lama

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ok i found out that using the activesync, to access my phone's file directory, i had to click on the explorer button and drag and drop files through my pc

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    the e-natives site seems to be down

I've found another mirror

SmartToolkit 1.00 RC09
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-39542.html

Thanks all for the info!

Device(s)
    HTC-S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    File link for Aeconfig.zip is no longer working found at previous link. Is contained inside of zip with other utilities not tested or tried for HTC-S640 aeconfig.exe and security.xml worked fine for me.

http://selberg.org/2005/07/22/unlock...5600-for-free/
    first three links don't work click on "UnlockAudioVox5600Apps.zip"
    Direct link to file won't work must be on above webpagepage to download!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trogdoor
    (((((******Nope to answer your question! Phone registry is not unlocked by default. If you have trouble editing something in the registry – this is why you can’t do it.

Once this step is preformed, you will have 100% access to the registry for modifications.

I had a huge amount of trouble trying to find this program so I’ve saved you some time and attached it below. (It is free just obscure so no worries of copyrights blah blah)

This program was meant for Q phones, but it did/will work for our beloved s640 here.

This must be run from your phone btw.

* Make sure you have ActiveSync installed and your phone connected via USB or serial port.
    * Download AeConfig.zip
    * Unzip the file
    * Copy the "Disable Security" shortcut in "\Windows\Start Menu"
    * Copy "AEConfig.exe" and "DisableSecurity.xml" in the "Temp" folder
    * Now on your Smartphone run the shortcut "disable security" from your phones start menu
    * You should be prompted that it worked (might take a bit)

Voila registry is now unlocked.
    ((program attached)) ******)))))
    -----quoted from t3xboar
    Last edited by bokko; 01-22-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC-S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Running HTC-S640 for almost a year since updating new rom Telus provided having numerous battery life issue's. Been through three handset swaps all the same problem. A friend who also has same phone who updated his rom is having similar issue. I also find that I can no longer delete or rename files in the Windows directory on the phone. Using the phone browser (active sync explore option)or File Explorer on phone. New battery ordered will update when it arrives to see if it improves (sometime next week). It is a Windows error message that phone battery is low shuts off radio, data, etc Interesting to note that the battery life LED does not blink red when this occurs. Voltmeter on battery and it reports 4.0 volts (rated at 3.7) ($400 Voltmeter calibrated last year True RMS accurate to .1 volt). Phone will shut itself off if you ignore alerts. Though red led never blinks even just before shut off as it did before rom upgrade. Several hard resets done to insure not a software issue (that I installed) ran for several days with just outlook mail configured default config for the rest. Yes IR is shut off as well as push pull and bluetooth. Active sync is set to manually sync my mail to my Exchange server.
    Other issue that occurs frequently is when phone display is dim incoming call won't wake up just vibrates/rings none stop until battery pull if they happen to leave message it might wake up on that alert. This has occured both on battery, connected to charger and computer via USB. With 2 out of 3 of the handsets I have tried (one went back very quickly as bluetooth was non functional).
    TELUS BROKE MY PHONE!
    Have been offered 400 phone upgrade credit looking at Storm but hate to loose my apps. Like List Pro, Sprite Back up and Sprite Terminator. Thankfully Splash ID is supported for Blackberry but will cost another 10 bucks. Plus 250 for Storm never mind the inconvience of two monthes of none stop troubleshooting...
    Anyone else out there having this issue? If so call Telus and roar...

Feedback Score
    I also been having a hell of a time with the s640. I swapped two phones already under warranty and now this one is pissing me off where it just turns off all the time with no warning. The entire phone powers down. The problem is that my warranty finished in late December or Jan. Can I still do anything to get a credit from telus on a new phone or will they tell me too bad?

Feedback Score
    Try putting some tissue in the battery bay to firmly hold the battery against the contacts. If that doesn't work, it's not a mechanical issue.

This thread I started on a different but interrelated topic may be instructional.

S640 Battery (possibly other devices as well)
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1505303

Device(s)
    HTC S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Okay, so I've never had this problem, and I've unlocked my registry two or three times, through replacements and hard resets..

AEConfig DOES NOT unlock my registry anymore! i try to change values and they just go right back the way they were! doesn't matter how i run it or anything! does anyone know how to get around this?

Device(s)
    htc S640
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I just loaded the new ROM and fought with this issue.

I solved it by using the explorer function on the phone to cut and paste the files into place.
    I saved the three files onto my storage card (you could load them anywhere on the phone that you can access) using my computers explorer.
    I then made use of S640's explorer (menu ~ edit ~ cut ) to cut each file individually and the same procedure to paste each to it's proper location.
    You cannot see the root windows and temp files via your computer...you have to use your phone's explorer.

"disable security" gets dropped into phone root dir Windows/Start Menu
    "AEConfig.exe" and "DisableSecurity.xml" into the phones root "Temp" folder

Worked like a charm.

Cheers,
    Dzimbo

Quote Originally Posted by monofonik
    Okay, so I've never had this problem, and I've unlocked my registry two or three times, through replacements and hard resets..

AEConfig DOES NOT unlock my registry anymore! i try to change values and they just go right back the way they were! doesn't matter how i run it or anything! does anyone know how to get around this?

Device(s)
    HTC S640
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    tried that, man! it didn't do anything. when i edit the registry the keys will not stay the way i set them. this is ridiculous.

i run aeconfig and it says that it was successful, but it's clearly not if it's behaving the same way as before.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    bokko did you ever find a solution to this problem?
    Was your phone under warranty when you experienced the battery issues?
    I'm experiencing the same thing on my second swap unit and the phone is out of warranty. All Telus has offered me is the ability to renew onto another 3-year contract early and get the 3-year device prices.

Quote Originally Posted by bokko
    Running HTC-S640 for almost a year since updating new rom Telus provided having numerous battery life issue's. Been through three handset swaps all the same problem. A friend who also has same phone who updated his rom is having similar issue. I also find that I can no longer delete or rename files in the Windows directory on the phone. Using the phone browser (active sync explore option)or File Explorer on phone. New battery ordered will update when it arrives to see if it improves (sometime next week). It is a Windows error message that phone battery is low shuts off radio, data, etc Interesting to note that the battery life LED does not blink red when this occurs. Voltmeter on battery and it reports 4.0 volts (rated at 3.7) ($400 Voltmeter calibrated last year True RMS accurate to .1 volt). Phone will shut itself off if you ignore alerts. Though red led never blinks even just before shut off as it did before rom upgrade. Several hard resets done to insure not a software issue (that I installed) ran for several days with just outlook mail configured default config for the rest. Yes IR is shut off as well as push pull and bluetooth. Active sync is set to manually sync my mail to my Exchange server.
    Other issue that occurs frequently is when phone display is dim incoming call won't wake up just vibrates/rings none stop until battery pull if they happen to leave message it might wake up on that alert. This has occured both on battery, connected to charger and computer via USB. With 2 out of 3 of the handsets I have tried (one went back very quickly as bluetooth was non functional).
    TELUS BROKE MY PHONE!
    Have been offered 400 phone upgrade credit looking at Storm but hate to loose my apps. Like List Pro, Sprite Back up and Sprite Terminator. Thankfully Splash ID is supported for Blackberry but will cost another 10 bucks. Plus 250 for Storm never mind the inconvience of two monthes of none stop troubleshooting...
    Anyone else out there having this issue? If so call Telus and roar...

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I've created a Facebook group to act as a petition for everyone with the notorious battery life problem.
    Join the group here, it's open to everyone:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100925126406

Share your experiences dealing with Telus positive or negative ones.. or tell us if you've been able to fix the problem by hacking the device. Anything at all that will help the people still stuck with this phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Many issues with S640.
    1. Battery, (20% so I turn off the phone, when I turn it back on, it had no batteyr, along with many other battery issues)
    2. Freezing
    3. Restarted when I place on a hard surface.

Sent in for replacement phone. Took about 2 weeks since they no longer sell the phone. The replacement phone they gave to me (refurbished) was broken when it came to me. Froze when the screen went dark.

Complained to telus, and they told me to wait for the next one. So I ordered and dealt with the useless phone that doesn't want to work. Also, if you used it long enough, it would not turn on for several hours. I didn't want HTC phone anymore cause it sucked. They said 5-7 business days so when I called on the 8th day no phone. I called telus and kept complaining that the phone was not in on time and that it was very inconvenient. Got a double the phone discount that was offered the first time I had the phone and didn't want to wait 2 weeks. I have a blackberry now, and I'm happy.

Works million times better than HTC. Be persistent when complaining.

Feedback Score

Dead 'alt' key - Cannot type an '*'

I have several dead keys - Most importantly the alt key which leaves me without an *. Can I remap the * and possibly the 7 key?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Mossberg 817, Ruger American 17HMR, Winchester 3030
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    groan.. I see now why my friend was happy to "give" me her old S640. I had ordered a new battery from Telus, but just called and cancelled the order. no point in getting a new one

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7