Thread: Forgot lock code (yes i've read previous posts)

Phone
    LG Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Forgot lock code (yes i've read previous posts)

So, I lost my phone a few months ago. And me having absolutely no patience went out and bought a new phone to replace it (it was almost 4 years old anyways). But now I have found it again, and need some contact info that was on it. But I don't remember what the lock code is and calling *228 will activate it which i don't know what will happen if it activates. Is there anything else i can do.

The phone is a vx7000.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried the last 4 digits of your phone number (the one that was/is on the phone)? Alternatively, you can try using BitPim to look around the filesystem and I think you might be able to find/change/reset it there. However, it might take simply using the phone to dial *228 option 1 to reset it, even if it activates it (if that even works with a lost phone that you probably reported), at which point you should still be able to switch back to your old one.

Phone
    LG Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well i didn't report it as lost because it was just in my house...and i was due for an update. So activating it would not be the best thing to do I am assuming?

Phones
    BB Curve 8900
    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carriers
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    nothing should happen when you *228 the vx7000
    it's more of an update than activation...

as long as you swapped the esn on your account to your new phone
    your vx7000 should have no service and "activating" it wouldn't do anything

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by winterdude
    Well i didn't report it as lost because it was just in my house...and i was due for an update. So activating it would not be the best thing to do I am assuming?
    If you didn't report it as lost then it should be all fine to be activated, so it might not be a bad option at all.

Phone
    LG Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    OK, I tried activating it but after pressing 1 I am told that my phone can not be activated and to call verizon. Anything else I can do?

Feedback Score
    OK, I tried activating it but after pressing 1 I am told that my phone can not be activated and to call verizon. Anything else I can do?
    I think you have to actually switch to it on your account either online through VZW's web site or by calling, and then activate it, and then, once you are done, do the same thing to get your other phone activated back. Shouldn't cost you anything or have any other effect, just a bit of your time basically.

Phones
    LG VX8700
    LG VX4500
    LG VX3400
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    But now I have found it again, and need some contact info that was on it. But I don't remember what the lock code
    I may be wrong but I think Bitpim will read the contact info even if the phone is locked.

Phones
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Novatel V740
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    you could find lg download somewhere out in the bowels of the net...it has a very simple way to get a lock code, you press a button, makes it nice. of course unless you work for verizon (which i do) you aren't supposed to have the program, however, i'm sure you'll be able to find a leaked version, also you have to have the dll for the phone as well as usb drivers (along with a usb cable of course) so that might be more complicated than you would like. there is always a way

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah LG download can pull it out. Otherwise, dial #4357*4357 and check the phone #. The last 4 is the default lock code.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.