Thread: HTC Touch - Hidden Menu?

Phones
    Google Nexus One
    HTC Magic
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

HTC Touch - Hidden Menu?

Ok the other day I pick up my Touch, get it out of sleep mode, and when the screen comes on I see this menu I have never seen before. I must have accidentally clicked into it before setting down the Touch.

This menu looked kinda like a shortcut menu in that it had a list of items like shut down the device, ringtone, and other things I cant remember now. It had the dark greay background reminicent of the how the Comm Manager would look...in fact really close to what the Comm Manager looks like.

I believe (by looking at the menu bar at the top while in this menu app) it was called something like "Quick Menu" or "Quick Start". I have not been able to find any reference to this in Programs and/or Settings and thus have never been able to access this menu again. I am pulling out my hair trying to find out where this menu is! Anyone know what I am talking about? lol

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    AT&T Tilt
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I remember that on my Blackjack (before I had an 8525 then tilt) pressing the power button once quickly brought up a "Quick List" with alot of things like shut down, etc.. Its probably just a windows mobile application (quicklist.exe?) that you somehow managed to execute that isnt usually available on your specific phone.

Phones
    Google Nexus One
    HTC Magic
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yah I would have thought it was something like a quick press of the power button (much like a SE w810 for example) that would bring up such a menu but that didn't work. It just toggles sleep mode on and off.

I did a search for a file that has anything to do with "quick" such as quicklist.exe and no file was found.

Any other ideas?

Phones
    Touch Pro 2 (personal)
    BB Curve (work)
    HTC Touch
    Carriers
    Telus Mobility
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    was it something simular to this?
    http://htc-task-manager.en.softonic.com/pocket

Phones
    Google Nexus One
    HTC Magic
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ^^ nope its not the HTC Task Manager....its full screen. Am I halucinating? lol

Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZEUS
    Ok the other day I pick up my Touch, get it out of sleep mode, and when the screen comes on I see this menu I have never seen before. I must have accidentally clicked into it before setting down the Touch.

This menu looked kinda like a shortcut menu in that it had a list of items like shut down the device, ringtone, and other things I cant remember now. It had the dark greay background reminicent of the how the Comm Manager would look...in fact really close to what the Comm Manager looks like.

I believe (by looking at the menu bar at the top while in this menu app) it was called something like "Quick Menu" or "Quick Start". I have not been able to find any reference to this in Programs and/or Settings and thus have never been able to access this menu again. I am pulling out my hair trying to find out where this menu is! Anyone know what I am talking about? lol
    I think you're referring to the "Quick List" which for my CDMA touch comes pre-configured to launch on a long press of the end key. If you go to Start/Settings/System tab you can launch the "Long Press End Key" which gives you options.

My default was to "Always display the Quick List", which I changed to automatically execute the "set vibrate/ringer".

my Quick List is dark grey similar to comm. manager, but no blue for activity, and only one column of items like: Turn Airplane Mode on, Lock Device, Terminate Data Connection, Set Ringer, and Settings.

good luck.

/sml_blok

Phones
    Touch Pro 2 (personal)
    BB Curve (work)
    HTC Touch
    Carriers
    Telus Mobility
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    try holding down the X in the top right hand of the screen... see if it pops up

Phones
    Google Nexus One
    HTC Magic
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    sml_blok you are a CHAMP! that was it....press and hold down the "end" button and voila...QuickList menu pops up....I knew I wasn't seeing things! lol

Phones
    Touch Pro 2 (personal)
    BB Curve (work)
    HTC Touch
    Carriers
    Telus Mobility
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    nice... damn... i dont have that on my Mogul... ah well...

Phone
    unlocked NEC N728
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's call HTC Action Screen or something like that.

Hold down the "END" button on your phone a few seconds and depending on how you set it up before, it should popup that menu. The default setup i think it will bring the phone into flight mode.

Phone
    Nokia N97
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    yup u get it by holding the end button
    i set it so that by holding the end button, my phone goes into silent mode and out of it... more convenient for me that way

u can set the button to different options as well, but limited to whats already in the quick access menu
    My Feedback
    128+ Ebay | 58+ Hofo