Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Zones Tethering with N95

Phone
    N95-3 (6 gig memory card)
    Carrier
    AT&T (Just swapped for 3G)
    Feedback Score

T-Zones Tethering with N95

I have heard that it can be done with an iphone... can it be done on a n95? If so, can it be done on a mac? What can I do to make it happen?

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i dont know but i bet you can find the info if you search the tmobile forum or just search google. my feeling is that tzones cannot be tethered because they block certain ports on the plan. at least that's what i thought i remember reading. you can bump up to the tmobile 19.99 plan with open ports, and maybe its possible to tether on that one.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    you cannot tether using tzones. U need the total internet plan in order to tether
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran
    Online petitions are about as useful as the iPhone.
    DOUBLE BURN
    My Feedback
    eBay Feedback

Phones
    Nokia N900
    Nokia N95-3 Bronze
    Samsung t809 flashed D820
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Like i said in your other thread, i'd like to confirm that you CAN tether T-zones to your laptop. I also do it all the time. It's true that the $20 plan unblocks your ports, but I also heard because of this speed and latency will be better because your data wont be restricted to one port with T-zones.

Pretty much the only thing you have to do on your laptop is configure some proxy settings for your browser and your good to go.

Phones
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Nokia N95-4
    N95-3, E61i
    Carrier
    Mobily
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia N95-3: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95-3/11.2.009; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Yes i did that with my N95 back when i was TMO customer 4 months ago. Like the earlier poster said, you have to configure web browser for proxy server and then you can surf. However since ports are restricted, you will not be able to use say telnet, FTP or media streaming. Pretty much anything that requires anything other than port 80, it will be blocked.

Now if you decide to get $19.99 plan, please MAKE*SURE that you ask CSR that you need "VPN Internet access" for $19.99 and NOT "T-mobile total internet". Whats the difference?

VPN*access gives your phone a public IP*address with all ports including real media (554) open while TMO total internet has all ports except real media open and the IP is not public but instead it is 10.x.x.x hence real media streaming will not work but it will work fine on VPN access.
    Speed Test using Saudi Telecom HSPA on Sierra Wireless 881U

Phones used:
    Samsung SPH-A660/VI660>Nokia 6270>Motorola Q 9h>Nokia E61i>Treo 750>Nokia N82>Samsung Omnia i900>HTC Diamond>HTC Touch Pro>Nokia N95-3>Nokia N95-4>Nokia N97 NAM-> iPhone 4

1000 posts on 7/7/08

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can use ssh tunneling over tzones to get full internet.

Phones
    G1
    N95 8GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsung.user
    You can use ssh tunneling over tzones to get full internet.

?????????????
    N95 8GB
    N95 Games

Phones
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 4 (Wife)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperkind
    you cannot tether using tzones. U need the total internet plan in order to tether
    Say what?? I tether using my Nokia 5700/SE W810i with my Nokia N800 all the time (T-Zones plan).
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Phones
    N95-3
    Nokia 6102i
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakthorn
    ?????????????
    Basically what he is saying is you can create an encrypted tunnel over port 80 to another access point that doesnt have the ports blocked.

Phones
    G1
    N95 8GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    will that help in allowing me to get IM programs working over my Tzones plan?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can run aim through http proxy anyway. Any IM program should have settings to let you use http proxy.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi3k3
    Like i said in your other thread, i'd like to confirm that you CAN tether T-zones to your laptop. I also do it all the time. It's true that the $20 plan unblocks your ports, but I also heard because of this speed and latency will be better because your data wont be restricted to one port with T-zones.

Pretty much the only thing you have to do on your laptop is configure some proxy settings for your browser and your good to go.
    how do you do this? I know very little about computers and the way proxies work... on my mac, what would I do?

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    please message me at john.donnelly@magentanews.com on msn or absolutmaveric on aim if you can assist me through this... i am unfortunately not the phone guru i should be

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    anyone know how to set it so i can go on yahoo messanger? On my phone, i can connect through im+ using port 25 but don't know how to go about configuring that on my computer

Feedback Score
    I want to buy 95-4 and internet is very important to me
    I want to get the provider AT an T

The question is, do I have to ask for VPN from the provider AT and T?
    And
    Could i use the internet on the phone just as easily as on my pc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast