Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: lg glimmer?

Feedback Score

Lg Glimmer!!!

Ok Everyone,

Here is something that a lot of you have been asking for...it's pictures and specs of the new Alltel Phone - The LG Glimmer!

Here are the links to view the actual LG Press Release for The Glimmer:

Press Release (Front)
    http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...immerFront.jpg

Press Release (Back)
    http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...limmerBack.jpg

I'm not real sure of the acutal launch date for the phone, but hopefully it will be soon - maybe even March???

From what I've heard, this phone is a fun mix between the Motorola RAZR2, the Motorola ROKR, and the Voyager.

Phone
    iPhone 3G-this phone ROCKs!
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Awesome----this phone has some great features!!! Thanks so much!

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Downloadable Music Tones (Clips from hit songs)*
    *Cannot be from songs on a MicroSD Card.

Dammit Alltel...

-----------

This counts as a regular phone right? No data plan required?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I saw that. What about moving a tone to the internal memory or will only a bitpim fix do it for custom ringtones? And what does "data restrictions" mean under video/audio?

But, hey it comes with a screen protector! Really, this phone sounds awesome and I bet someone figures out ringtones. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

Carrier
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPhonePerson
    Ok Everyone,

Here is something that a lot of you have been asking for...it's pictures and specs of the new Alltel Phone - The LG Glimmer!

Press Release (Front)

Press Release (Back)

I'm not real sure of the acutal launch date for the phone, but hopefully it will be soon - maybe even March???

From what I've heard, this phone is a fun mix between the Motorola RAZR2, the Motorola ROKR, and the Voyager.
    WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

LOVE IT!
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. "- FDR

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    When this comes out im checking it out and if I like it in person as much as I do in the pics im getting me one!!!!!
    This samsung hue is doing fine but that glimmer is one cool dude, not to mention ive had good service out of the lg phones.
    Only problem I have had with the hue, had it a week, is it will turn itself off when im in access and power cycle.
    Its done that a couple times.

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBradG
    Downloadable Music Tones (Clips from hit songs)*
    *Cannot be from songs on a MicroSD Card.

Dammit Alltel...

-----------

This counts as a regular phone right? No data plan required?

Well in a way you cant really blame them, their in bussiness to make money, but someone will fiqure out how to do it thats for sure!
    I was using the ax355 and could do a voice memo and asign that as a ringtone, use another phone and listen to ringtones on access apps and do a recording on my phone and then assign it as my ringtone.
    All the new phones you cant do that on, see they get smarter all the time, but im sure someone has fiqured that one out also!

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyjr
    Yeah I saw that. What about moving a tone to the internal memory or will only a bitpim fix do it for custom ringtones? And what does "data restrictions" mean under video/audio?

But, hey it comes with a screen protector! Really, this phone sounds awesome and I bet someone figures out ringtones. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!
    In response to data restrictions
    It says at the bottom alltel service required features subject to change and features based on carrier program availability

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPhonePerson
    Ok Everyone,

Press Release (Front)

Press Release (Back)

I was just going to post that.....

Beat me to it!

I can't wait for it! I have down the 13th of March, and am hoping that it stays there too...

There has been much debate and I think its going to be a regular phone, as the specs don't say anything about an advanced internet browser and any advanced data features... so I really dont think smartphone plans are required... unless, of course, we tout this as our iPhone killer with a special Glimmer plan.
    Feedback
    Follow me on Twitter: @dizzydj/@thefabtech
    Check out my blog: www.thefabtech.com

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthatdizzy
    I have down the 13th of March, and am hoping that it stays there too...
    Is it typical for a phone release to be on a Thursday? I remember that's when the Scoop launched, but I don't really pay attention to release days.

All I know is I will be there when the doors open, or is it advantageous to purchase online?

Any idea of pricing for the Glimmer whether new/upgrade or purchase outright?

Did I mention, I can't wait........!!!!

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Is it typical for a phone release to be on a Thursday? I remember that's when the Scoop launched, but I don't really pay attention to release days.

All I know is I will be there when the doors open, or is it advantageous to purchase online?

Did I mention, I can't wait........!!!!

Phones on alltel launch on thursdays.
    I personaly will go into the store and mess around with the phone before I buy it because I will have to pay full price for this one.

Phone
    HTC 8X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I second that...any ideas on price?
    Want a Bluetooth? Eat a BlackBerry.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak
    Well in a way you cant really blame them, their in bussiness to make money, but someone will fiqure out how to do it thats for sure!
    I was using the ax355 and could do a voice memo and asign that as a ringtone, use another phone and listen to ringtones on access apps and do a recording on my phone and then assign it as my ringtone.
    All the new phones you cant do that on, see they get smarter all the time, but im sure someone has fiqured that one out also!
    I used to do that but now I figured out you can send MP3 files from axcessmypics.com and it converts them to some weird format but it still works and you can save the sound and/or set it as your ringtone.

Feedback Score
    Has nobody but me noticed THE most important piece of info from the second link? In the Bluetooth section it says:

Send all contacts, calender events, user-generated Pictures, Video, and Audio via Bluetooth.
    Oh, I love the smell of OBEX in the morning, and hope with all my heart that uscc picks this phone up! Seriously, the lack of OBEX is the biggest thing keeping me from LG right now. I loved my 4400 and 6100. The 355? Not so much. My two phones with BT were the Nokia 6265 and Moto V3m, both of which are OBEX-enabled. We recently launched the Kyocera E1000, which is also OBEX-enabled (tested that fact myself - sent a ringtone to and from my V3m, worked like a charm). And now, LG finally puts out a non-Verizon phone with OBEX? Maybe the manufacturers are finally coming to their senses about this stuff. Just awesome!

Right now, the only thing keeping me from owning a UX380 (what Alltel called the Wave) is lack of OBEX. Instead I'm gunning for a V9m, which does have OBEX, but I don't have enough money to get yet. If uscc picks up this phone, and it has OBEX, I'll drop the V9m like a bad habit and go back to LG in a heartbeat.

Phones
    Curve, Moto V9m ,LG Shine,
    ROKR E6, Helio Heat, LG KE600
    MOTO i415, i855
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow. Looks like an Alltel version of my LG Shine...
    Can't wait to get it, and it has a touch screen. Nice

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast