Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Make call without it registering on bill?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0

    Make call without it registering on bill?

    Is there anyway you can make an out-going phone call without the number being registered in the online account or in the bill?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by starnz
    Is there anyway you can make an out-going phone call without the number being registered in the online account or in the bill?
    Yep, use a number that is forwarded and call that number.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,107
    Phones
    Captivate (current)
    E71X/FUZE/SE Z750A/Nokia 6131,RAZR V9/V3xx/V3i/V3, v540, SLVR
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    lol............no
    Use a HandsFree Device!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Wrap Your Device @ StealthGuard!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shoman94
    lol............no
    I don't think he/she was asking about free calls.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,446
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    This sounds 100% shady, like you are trying to hide a phone call from a spouse/significant other/boyfriend/girlfriend and you shouldn't be making the call in the first place?
    Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just around the Riverbend
    Posts
    3,923
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    White iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier
    Blue Death Star
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by starnz
    Is there anyway you can make an out-going phone call without the number being registered in the online account or in the bill?

    Yes, make it on a different phone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's exactly what I was thinking, hiding a call from someone. But I was on a more business end level, hiding calls from your employer or even lawyer or something of that sort.

    If you are trying to hide a call to a specific number, you could setup a conference call in which everyone dials in to the same generic 800 number and then they enter a paticipant code that allows them to connect to a specific virtual conference call. This way, even though the 800 number shows up on the bill, it would not identify who is on the other end.

    I have also heard about these free online long distance connectors that supposedly you fill out a form with the numbers of the recipients and it then calls all of those numbers and connects you for free. I personally wouldnt give out my number to a website, but to each their own.

    If you are trying to hide a call at a specific time, I don't think you can ask to have a call erased from your incoming/outgoing log. That would be tampering with evidence incase your call logs needed to be submitted as evidence for something.

    The ONLY way to remove a call from your phone bill, get a prepaid phone and use that instead

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,928
    Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Motorola Q9 Global (retired after three years)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    i was thinking the op was asking what if you were off network and a call not showing up. bc sometimes the number that is shown up in the call log is your own number.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,972
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nosho4u
    The ONLY way to remove a call from your phone bill, get a prepaid phone and use that instead
    There are logs for prepaid calls also. To be truly effective, the call has to be either made from or to a phone which generates no billing record. At least the records have to not be available for viewing by the person from whom you are trying to hide the call. The easiest thing to do is to get a prepaid phone calling card and dial the tollfree number to complete the call.
    Earl F. Parrish

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    15,051
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    There are logs for prepaid calls also.
    That is absolutely correct. Prepaid customers have access to At&t's online site to view call details even though they do not receive a bill.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

    Sarcasm is a fine art...

    "Don't believe everything you think"

    It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Phones
    8525
    860 datacard
    sync a707
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    yes there is.. back in a minute.
    this space for rent .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Phones
    8525
    860 datacard
    sync a707
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    ok.. you can call a number and NOT have it show on the bill..
    < at least the number your trying to hide will not appear>

    HOW?


    you will need a www.grandcentral.com number .. it is free.. so knock your self out..

    this is what will happen ..

    after you get the grancentral number.. go online and set the number you DONT want to show up on your bill as a contact with grandcentral..

    then set the grandcentral number to call you to complete a call..

    once that is done/..

    from your desktop on grandcentral.com go to contacts..

    click "call".. grandcentral will call you .. when you pick up. you will hear.. " this call is being completed by level 3 comm" then the number you dont want to appear on your bill will start ringing..

    the caller ID they will see is your grandcentral.com number .. not yours..

    your bill will see the call as in INCOMING call from your grandcentral.com number ..

    so you can talk to "forbidden number" for hours.. and the bill will show a long IMCOMING from your grandcentral number..


    no computer around but you NEED to call "forbidden number" ?

    no proplem .. http://mobile.grandcentral.com on your phone..

    and THAT boys and girls is how you can CALL... IN OR OUT without it showing on your bill ... the call WILL register on the bill and minutes used.. but the grandcentral number will appear.. not the "forbidden number".




    good luck in your failing marriage :cheers:

    j/k

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles area & PA/NJ, USA
    Posts
    17,403
    Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    just get an s60 nokia and use the internet calling option. you get assigned a new phone number and it doesnt register on the cell network! not exactly the easiest solution though i guess...
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|


    | My HoFo Feedback |

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,928
    Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Motorola Q9 Global (retired after three years)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aaadock
    ok.. you can call a number and NOT have it show on the bill..
    < at least the number your trying to hide will not appear>

    HOW?


    you will need a www.grandcentral.com number .. it is free.. so knock your self out..

    this is what will happen ..

    after you get the grancentral number.. go online and set the number you DONT want to show up on your bill as a contact with grandcentral..

    then set the grandcentral number to call you to complete a call..

    once that is done/..

    from your desktop on grandcentral.com go to contacts..

    click "call".. grandcentral will call you .. when you pick up. you will hear.. " this call is being completed by level 3 comm" then the number you dont want to appear on your bill will start ringing..

    the caller ID they will see is your grandcentral.com number .. not yours..

    your bill will see the call as in INCOMING call from your grandcentral.com number ..

    so you can talk to "forbidden number" for hours.. and the bill will show a long IMCOMING from your grandcentral number..


    no computer around but you NEED to call "forbidden number" ?

    no proplem .. http://mobile.grandcentral.com on your phone..

    and THAT boys and girls is how you can CALL... IN OR OUT without it showing on your bill ... the call WILL register on the bill and minutes used.. but the grandcentral number will appear.. not the "forbidden number".




    good luck in your failing marriage :cheers:

    j/k
    i completely forgot about grandcentral untill now.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Use a pay phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks