Thread: v9m vs V8 housing.,.. dummy phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

v9m vs V8 housing.,.. dummy phone?

Ive got a blue Sprint V9m and im not a big fan of blue.. first off does anyone know if sprint has a black version of the phone?

Is the housing from a V8 phone compatible with the guts of V9m?

Would a "dummy phone" have regular housing and would I be able to replace my housing with the dummy phones?

Any tutorials for how to do the switch?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    bump****************

Device(s)
    Samsung i607
    Feedback Score
    I have yet to take apart both phones but I do know that there are differences in th ehousings between gsm and cdma versions. As for the dummy phone housing, well, that's just it, it's a dummy. No screws and stucture would be diffrent than the actual phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwick626
    Ive got a blue Sprint V9m and im not a big fan of blue.. first off does anyone know if sprint has a black version of the phone?

Is the housing from a V8 phone compatible with the guts of V9m?

Would a "dummy phone" have regular housing and would I be able to replace my housing with the dummy phones?

Any tutorials for how to do the switch?
    The gsm and cdma versins are different size so not interchangeable. Sprint only has the grey(bluish tint) color. I'm not sure butI think dummy models do not have real parts. Your only option would be buying a Verizon v9m for parts and dissassembling it and using it's body though I have never heard of anyone replacing the entire body of a razr 2 successfully and there are no guides floting around to my knowledge. Not to say it can't be done, you could lead the way and make a how-to for other razr2 owners that want to switch out the housings but you'd better be very handy with your hands or you could ruin your phone. My advice, it's more trouble than it's worth just learn to love the grey Sprint Razr, there is no black v9m anyway.

Feedback Score
    Like most dummy phones, the housings cannot be re-used with working models. most of the insides are glued and arent real peices that fit on a working model phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well breakthrough. Vermsky just posted the V9 service manual which gives step by step instuctions on dissassembly and the right tools.

http://www.motox.info/showthread.php?t=57443

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    Great except not even cnn.cn sells V9 housing. They sell V8 housings however.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithepa
    Great except not even cnn.cn sells V9 housing. They sell V8 housings however.
    Cnn's a bunch of crooks anyway. You can get them at gsmworld and I've seen a few other places.

Feedback Score

not possible

i don't think its possible. A friend of mine was trying the same a few months back but i don't think he could do it in the end.

Device(s)
    V9m (usc flash in a sprint case)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    chadwick626, ask around in the verizon forums or your friends if they want to trade cases with you. I personally think the blueness is cool. All you need to do is switch the main board. I put my of my verizon V9m in a sprint case yesterday.

I did a quick write up with pics, the process differs a little from the gsm V9 manual above.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1328596

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeL
    Well breakthrough. Vermsky just posted the V9 service manual which gives step by step instuctions on dissassembly and the right tools.

http://www.motox.info/showthread.php?t=57443
    Link dead does any one have a working link