Thread: Restricted Number Text Message

Feedback Score

Question Restricted Number Text Message

ok so i got a few restricted text messages tonight. How is this possible?

Feedback Score
    If you mean the messages came from a restricted number, then really all that means is that whoever sent them had their number restricted. Alternatively, although probably less likely, it's possible they were sent without even a phone, but through some application, like an IM application, or something like that, which might show up that way as well.

Feedback Score
    how do you restrict your number? because I found out they were from someone i know

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ive never heard of a resticted text message.
    My Feedback!
    1000 posts on July 4th 2007 at 3:06am est

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone98Z71
    how do you restrict your number? because I found out they were from someone i know
    I'm pretty sure you request a restricted number from your carrier, basically as you would for a landline.

Phones
    UTStarCom XV6700
    LG VX9800
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I hate those. Every now and again I get several calls, usually in a row, from some idiot with a restricted number who won't leave a voicemail and hangs up when I answer. I guess he realized it was a wrong number when I answer, but he's not smart enough to understand he's got the wrong number when my voicemail picks up, so he redials the number wrong number. Stop calling MORON!
    It's times like this when I wish someone would invent a taser that could be sent via phone lines to the recipient of my wrath.

No, my refrigerator is not running and I don't have Prince Albert in a can. Now get off my lawn.

Feedback Score
    haha nice

my message was to short with 8 letters? wtf