Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New FAQ/Q&A *Add FAQ's/Q&A's you think should be included here*

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Q- If I purchase a smartphone from Ebay or a friend, do I have to have a data plan or SmartChoice plan with the device?

A- If the smartphone is a Blackberry, yes the device is REQUIRED to have a data plan. If it is a Windows Mobile or Treo, no. A rep will try to sell the data plan/SmartChoice plan to you, but no you are not required to have it.

Feedback Score

#777 Translation

Does anyone know if there is a 10 digit number that #777 translates to? I realize that this will be different per area of coverage you are in.

Device(s)
    HTC 8X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

This is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by dbest
    Does anyone know if there is a 10 digit number that #777 translates to? I realize that this will be different per area of coverage you are in.
    Questions should go in the main forum; once they are answered, they should be moved here. This thread isn't meant for questions/discussion of those questions; it is meant to be a simple question, then answer in each post to make it easy for newcomers to read and understand, not to be cluttered with questions that get no answers or discussion.
    Want a Bluetooth? Eat a BlackBerry.

Device(s)
    QA30 Hint
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    If I'm not mistaken you and I spoke at length about an E815 a long time ago. I will need to buy this Moto Q9 of a site and would love to find one here but so far no luck other than Verizon models. Any suggestions from other sites. I nearly got burned off [email protected] last year.
    Thanks - Howard
    Quote Originally Posted by strunke
    Q. Can I use a smartphone without a data plan?
    A. Yes, however any data used would go against your minutes. The only exception to this is the BlackBerry smartphones, you CANNOT use a Black Berry smartphone without a data plan. A add-on data plan for Black berries are $44.99 (?), for other smartphones it is $29.99.

Q. Is a smartchoice plan required with a smartphone?
    A. No, however, if you buy the phone at subsidy (non-retail, 1 or 2 year contract price from Alltel) it IS required. But if you buy it off eBay or used or at retail price it is NOT required. Regardless of what some employees tell you.

Q. Can I change my smartchoice plan to another non-smartchoice plan?
    A. Yes and No. If you bought the phone at the subsidy (non-retail, 1 or 2 year contract price from Alltel) then you must stay in a smartchoice for the duration of the contract. BUT, if you bought it at retail, used, or eBay then then you can change the type of plan you have from the smartchoice plan.
    chordomafoudation.org

Device(s)
    Motorola Hint QA30
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albertats
    Q- If I purchase a smartphone from Ebay or a friend, do I have to have a data plan or SmartChoice plan with the device?

A- If the smartphone is a Blackberry, yes the device is REQUIRED to have a data plan. If it is a Windows Mobile or Treo, no. A rep will try to sell the data plan/SmartChoice plan to you, but no you are not required to have it.
    Question:

Can you add Access Minutes (9.99/month) to cover data usage on a smartphone? (vs paying for a smartchoice package?)

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happydea1in
    Question:

Can you add Access Minutes (9.99/month) to cover data usage on a smartphone? (vs paying for a smartchoice package?)
    Questions should be sent to the main forum, not the FAQ's... NO, you should not use Axcess Minutes as your smartphone data plan!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Q: Whats the difference between Divested and Non-Divested?
    A: Divested means that your service was sold by alltel to a company other than verizon and Non-Divested means that you are being bought by verizon.

Q: How do i know if your in a Divested or Non-Divested area?
    A:

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel 4EVER
    Feedback Score
    When the nfaze said "but only voice and basic text messages will work", what beyond basic text doesn't work? Does that mean mms doesn't? My LG AX-155 phone is running near the limit of its contacts, and I'm always having to delete text messages when I don't want to.

I could start pruning unused contacts but I there's always that potential scenario of 'dangit, what was that number' and be stuck somewhere where I won't have access to their backup in my google contacts.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Yes it means no MMS. Only SMS.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fooos View Post
    Can I use *insert GSM phone here* on the Alltel network?
    No, the Alltel network will not allow a GSM device to be activated. They do not operate a GSM network for new activations. AT&T will be done with transitioning the Alltel CDMA network to GSM/HSPA+/LTE by the second half of 2014, so at that time, your GSM phone should be able to be used on the AT&T network given that your handset is compatible with AT&T networking standards.

Feedback Score
    Alltel was replaced with AT&T in my area and I have an iPhone 5 that works perfectly. I tried using it on straight talk by purchasing a SIM card and it said it wasn't compatible. There has to be some way to use this phone - please help!

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    How can I use my old alltel iPhone on straight talk? It wouldn't let me use a sim

via the HoFo App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2