Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide Plus Canada Details

Feedback Score

Nationwide Plus Canada Details

Does anyone have this plan? The VZW website is pretty much useless when it comes to details. I can live with the 1000 minute limitations, but have no idea of how much I'll be charged if roaming in Canada and if there's a way to avoid Canadian data charges. I'm stuck going there to visit family, etc, and I would really like to get my calls while there.

Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    This advice applies to the Nationwide + Canada Plan only.

You can use the minutes that come with your plan in Canada just as if they were US minutes, so if you choose the 450 daytime, 1000 night and weekend (you cannot get more than this) then you have exactly that many minutes to use on either side of the border.

Data is NOT included and will be billed at .002 cents per MB.

Texts are taken out of your text bucket and texts to Canada or sent from Canada are billed at the regular domestic US rate and are NOT considered to be international.

The 1000 "In" minutes (Verizon-to-Verizon) only work when you are on Verizon's network in the US so these will not apply when in Canada. All minutes used in Canada will come out of the daytime bucket you choose and the 1000 evening and weekend minutes.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Avironeur
    This advice applies to the Nationwide + Canada Plan only.

You can use the minutes that come with your plan in Canada just as if they were US minutes, so if you choose the 450 daytime, 1000 night and weekend (you cannot get more than this) then you have exactly that many minutes to use on either side of the border.

Texts are taken out of your text bucket and texts to Canada or sent from Canada are billed at the regular domestic US rate and are NOT considered to be international.

The 1000 "In" minutes (Verizon-to-Verizon) only work when you are on Verizon's network in the US so these will not apply when in Canada. All minutes used in Canada will come out of the daytime bucket you choose and the 1000 evening and weekend minutes.
    A friend who splits his time between Quebec and the US recently switched over to VZW and that's exactly how it works.

I'm in Canada at least once a month, but I need the unlimited IN minutes here at home so the NW+Canada plans won't work for me. I wish VZW would create Canada add-ons with buckets of minutes for calls to Canada from the US or while roaming in Canada rather than making us choose between plans.

Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have lived between Quebec and the States for years and this plan really is a lifesaver esp since Canadian cell plan roaming rates in the US are exorbitant and ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    I'm on an open contract right now as my last contract expired. Should I go with this plan and get a new contract will I be able to get a new phone in a few months or should I get one now when I do this? Anyone know?

Feedback Score
    Are you sure this applies to phones within a Family Plan? I must've asked three people at VZW (I wanted to make sure), and they confirmed that the In network minute people will apply for phones within a Family Plan regardless if they are in the US or Canada. I guess I'll find out this month...

Phone
    Too many to list
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Avironeur
    That would be great--only 2/1000 of a cent per MB for data! It's actually $1.99 per MB, or $.002 per KB.

Feedback Score
    I dunno about family plans. They have a book with specific details. Family plans usually screw up the options for everyone else.

Phones
    BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Tour
    HTC Touch, Motorola v3c
    Samsung a680, LG Fusic
    Carriers
    TELUS
    Fido Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi. I'm sorry to bring up this month old thread but I was just wondering if you guys knew if receiving international texts (if you have that unlimited vzw text plan) would be chargeable. I want to text my friend who lives in Columbus, Ohio but he says he's not sure if he'll be charged if I text him from Toronto, Canada and I dont want him to get charged.

Anyone know if he'll get charged or not? Its free for us in Canada to send to anywhere in North America but idunno how the system works down in the States.
    The meaning of religion:

Catholicism teaches: if * happens, you deserve it.
    Christianity teaches: if * happens, Praise god for it.
    Confucianism teaches: if * happens, let it happen properly.
    Taoism teaches: if you understand *, it isnt *.
    Buddhism teaches: if * happens, it isnt really * b/c everything that happens to you is good.
    Hinduism teaches: I've seen this * before...
    Shintoism teaches: you inherit the * of your ancestors.
    Atheism says I dont believe this *!!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    From the horses mouth: http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Tex...ing/index.html
    Rates

Text message sent to non-U.S. phone numbers of participating carriers are charged the following:
    • $0.25/address sent
    • $0.20/message received

These text messages are not applied against your monthly text messaging bundled allowances.
    However, I believe Canada is exempt from that rule and messages to/from Canada count as domestic messages. You might want to check with CS to verify that. Essentially, in the quote above instead of "non-U.S. phone numbers" it should say "non-NANPA phone numbers".

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    From the horses mouth: http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Tex...ing/index.html
    However, I believe Canada is exempt from that rule and messages to/from Canada count as domestic messages. You might want to check with CS to verify that. Essentially, in the quote above instead of "non-U.S. phone numbers" it should say "non-NANPA phone numbers".
    I believe that to be the case as well. That is one of the consumer friendly things Verizon chose to do I guess.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Phones
    HTC Incredible (VZW)
    Motorola Droid A855 (VZW)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 (VZW) (inactive)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless,
    МегаФон Москва (exp.)
    Feedback Score
    However, I believe Canada is exempt from that rule and messages to/from Canada count as domestic messages.
    It is. Canada is considered US for the purpose of SMS.
    Essentially, in the quote above instead of "non-U.S. phone numbers" it should say "non-NANPA phone numbers".
    Not really. The Dominican Republic and a series of other non-US Caribbean countries are on NANPA, and they're not on US SMS rates.
    "Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." -General John Stark
    "Bring on the trumpets!"

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Just to confirm, I text a friend in Canada on a regular basis from here in the U.S. and I do not get charged extra, its right in my text message package. His carrier (I believe Rogers) does not charge him for sending messages to me, nor for messages received by me.
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Dodge19
    Just to confirm, I text a friend in Canada on a regular basis from here in the U.S. and I do not get charged extra, its right in my text message package. His carrier (I believe Rogers) does not charge him for sending messages to me, nor for messages received by me.
    Maybe you can tell your bosses to update the web site accordingly, because there's always confusion about this subject, in part due to misinformation on VZW's web site.
    Last edited by XFF; 04-07-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Phones
    Sami u740
    Sami a900
    Sami t619
    Carriers
    VzW
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe you can tell your bosses to update the web site accordingly, because there's always confusing about this subject, in part due to misinformation on VZW's web site.

Do you know how hard it is to get someone higher up to listen to people like us? I cant tell you lots of horror stories, but that would be off topic....
    Anything I say here does not reflect the beliefs of the companies I am, have, or will work for. These are my thoughts and opinions alone. They are influenced by personal experience.

I'm in Houston, TX soon for school. If anyone is aware of any Verizon Wireless job, please PM me. If you are an employer, I have a resume, references, and a letter of recommendation.

Woo! I'm here in Houston!

<("<) <( " )> (>")>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast