Phones
    Cingular 8525
    touch pro 2
    Imate PDA2K
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

The HTC Raphael TYTN III Thread

OK, so we know the HTC TYTN III under development is code named Raphael.
    HTC has been tight with info lately. Post any leaks here.

Some important questions:

Dimensions?
    Screen Resolution?
    Does the screen tilt in the same way?
    Camera quality?
    Flash/Light?
    Processor Speed?
    Ram?
    Storage Memory?
    FM Tuner?
    OS Version?
    UI enhancements?
    Styling?

Feedback Score
    Can we please have a static keyboard, non sliding version this time? Please?

Phone
    Nokia 9500, E90, Tytn, Psion 5mx with DTMF tones!
    Carrier
    o2
    Feedback Score
    Glad a topic arose out of my thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1316749&page=5
    A mr Holishi may know some info agent smith...

Phone
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I would assume there would be another "TyTN". What would I change/improve on my Kaiser?

-lighter in weight
    -thinner
    -more responsive camera
    -video drivers or whatever it takes to make it 100% of it's potential
    -flush screen
    -flash light
    -louder stereo speakers
    -tilt screen that tilts 90 degrees
    -possible VGA
    -3.5 jack
    -raised/better placed power button
    =KEYBOARD LOCKING MECHANISM

Phones
    Samsung i607 Blackjack
    AT&T Tilt w/ Dutty's ROM
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceppc
    I would assume there would be another "TyTN". What would I change/improve on my Kaiser?

-lighter in weight
    -thinner
    -more responsive camera
    -flush screen
    -flash light
    -louder stereo speakers
    -possible VGA
    -3.5 jack
    WOW, that pretty much says it all, except for the screen. I am all about a better, high-rez screen. WVGA would rock. Give me 800x480 on a ~4 widescreen, and i'm gonna be "REAL" happy. slim it down a bit, make the keyboard slide/tilt - or better yet, even rotate aka omni, and we've got a WiMo MID that i'd spend 'good' money on. I really think the N810 form factor but with a tilting screen would rock it off the charts. The uses become much more intriguing.

Ricoks
    Ricoks
    Currently -> Samsung i607 (Blackjack)
    Previously -> Cingular 2125, Audiovox SMT5600, Motorola MPX220

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceppc

-lighter in weight
    -thinner
    -more responsive camera
    -flush screen
    -flash light
    -louder stereo speakers
    -possible VGA
    -3.5 jack

Isnt this a description of the SE Xperia X1 device ? and isnt HTC building this ?

Whats the betting the Tytn III is a HTC branded version of the Xperia X1 - with a slight modification. It wouldnt be the first time they have released essentially the same device under different brands (HTC Touch Cruise and Orbit 2).

Thinking about it, the Xperia does feel like it could be a natural successor to the Tytn II, and the fact that we havent seen anything yet may be due to HTC believing that there are greater benefits in their new partner SE receiving press coverage first.

What do you think ?

Phones
    FENDER,X7501+IPhone, HD 3G, XDA FLAME JasJar E90 E71 N95-8Gb,E51,7900,A1200, Artemis, TILT, TREO 750
    M-X1 Xperia N9300<IPAQ HW6515<- Symbian, Windows, & Linux (New) I love it all! Simply A TECH JUNKIE
    N900 as my main phone. Maybe a dual core Dell Streak or the ATRIX later!!!
    Carrier
    CINGULAR Forever!@!
    Feedback Score
    Hey you could be on to something there. I would love to see that Sony released with a hell of a better keyboard (HTC can do it). The current one seems to make me think about a device I had as a kid (Psion 3a) thats like 10 years ago. I am all for the complete 90 degree form factor thats where it is. The sliding keyboard would be rendered obsolete. The Universal is still nice to me hanging in there.... they need to slim the next one down and fully make it feature packed no holding back

Phone
    Nokia 9500, E90, Tytn, Psion 5mx with DTMF tones!
    Carrier
    o2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Stuart
    Isnt this a description of the SE Xperia X1 device ? and isnt HTC building this ?

Whats the betting the Tytn III is a HTC branded version of the Xperia X1 - with a slight modification. It wouldnt be the first time they have released essentially the same device under different brands (HTC Touch Cruise and Orbit 2).

Thinking about it, the Xperia does feel like it could be a natural successor to the Tytn II, and the fact that we havent seen anything yet may be due to HTC believing that there are greater benefits in their new partner SE receiving press coverage first.

What do you think ?
    I think you are right on the money, it's so obvious that i didn't even think of it.

Phones
    Samsung i607 Blackjack
    AT&T Tilt w/ Dutty's ROM
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by musicl
    I think you are right on the money, it's so obvious that i didn't even think of it.
    Nice design, no doubt, but the screen is too small. With the powe these devices have, and the newer technology in screens, 3.1" or whatever the size is on the X1 is too small.
    The tilt i'm playing with now is WAY too small, IMHO, to be effecient. the Advantage at 5" is too big to be used in some phone scenarios, so somewhere inbetween would be ideal. 4" WVGA anyone????????

Ricoks

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp
    Can we please have a static keyboard, non sliding version this time? Please?
    then we would not be really talking about a tytn then.
    9/11 We will never forget.

F D N Y P D

My Wish List:
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, S III, Note, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Ion

Phones
    Samsung i607 Blackjack
    AT&T Tilt w/ Dutty's ROM
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveen
    then we would not be really talking about a tytn then.
    Don't they call these Smartphones???? get a treo. I'm looking for some try innovation. I dont understand why the MIDs are all the buzz with linux. what about WiMo on these cool looking things?????
    no offense to the keyboard comment intended,.........

Ricoks

Phones
    Tilt 2
    SE X1a
    Tilt
    Carrier
    AT&T (nee Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Stuart

What do you think ?
    The difference is that SE commissioned HTC to make the phone. HTC did not make it and then pitch it to them. Thus, HTC would be prohibited contractually from selling a version of it under their own name. SE is not going to have anyone manufacture a phone for them and not own the rights to it. Thats why HTC did not sell a phone like the Treo while they were making them for Palm. Even if HTC designed the internals SE would own the design of the exterior, just like when Apple or Dell have a company manufacture their products, it is done under a strict agreement that the contractor will not market the design under any other brand.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ricoks
    Nice design, no doubt, but the screen is too small. With the powe these devices have, and the newer technology in screens, 3.1" or whatever the size is on the X1 is too small.
    The tilt i'm playing with now is WAY too small, IMHO, to be effecient. the Advantage at 5" is too big to be used in some phone scenarios, so somewhere inbetween would be ideal. 4" WVGA anyone????????

Ricoks
    I'd even take 3.5", but that's as small as I'm willing to accept. Heck, I'd be happy with a version of the HTC P6500 that wasn't the ugliest and most awkward looking phone I'd ever seen. 3.5"-4.5" and a keyboard would be better, but I'd take anything with a large screen and good features.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.RW
    The difference is that SE commissioned HTC to make the phone. HTC did not make it and then pitch it to them. Thus, HTC would be prohibited contractually from selling a version of it under their own name. SE is not going to have anyone manufacture a phone for them and not own the rights to it. Thats why HTC did not sell a phone like the Treo while they were making them for Palm. Even if HTC designed the internals SE would own the design of the exterior, just like when Apple or Dell have a company manufacture their products, it is done under a strict agreement that the contractor will not market the design under any other brand.
    i thing that is why we have never seen a true treo killer from htc because of this reason.

Phones
    Goolge Nexus 4
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier
    Bell 3G
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry for the obvious question but is it confirmed that they are actually working on the TyTN III??

NJV

Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast