Thread: can u flash a sprint blackberry to any other provider

Feedback Score

can u flash a sprint blackberry to any other provider

i have a sprint blackberry pearl that is no good with sprint anymore and would like to get it flashed for another provider (maybe cricket) is this possible

Phones
    BB 9810 is primary
    BB 9810
    Verizon Motorola Km1
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What are you trying to accomplish by flashing? If you are trying to use the phone with another provider, keep in mind that typically Verizon and Sprint will only allow their own branded phones on their network. I don't know if Cricket is that picky or not. You would need to ask them, is my guess.

Phones
    BB Storm 9530
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Apple iPhone
    Carriers
    VZW
    Telus Mobility/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Generally CDMA providers are fusy about the phones on their network. There's no such thing as 'unlocking' a Sprint, lets say, phone to allow it to work on VZW.

When you say it 'is no good on Sprint' anymore, what exactly do youmean? You don't have a Sprint acct anymore? You took the phone off the acct?

If the phone's ESN isn't clear (released by the carrier) either for billing or other issues, you won't be ale to use it even if you did get VZW or whoever to agree to it

Feedback Score
    I dont know how to flash BB's to other providers yet but if your sprint BB is no good for sprint then you should be able to use it on any other cdma provider. But its up to the S.P to allow the esn on their system and it dont matter if the esn isnt clear with its current provider. Because like cricket they wont care if you owed the other company money, its common sense so dont listen to retards like "Red Setter".
    When i figure out how to do it I will let you know and yes its possible.

Phone
    iPhone 3G (Current)/Blackberry Bod 9650 (Current)
    Carriers
    AT&T (Currently)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnonymus
    I dont know how to flash BB's to other providers yet but if your sprint BB is no good for sprint then you should be able to use it on any other cdma provider. But its up to the S.P to allow the esn on their system and it dont matter if the esn isnt clear with its current provider. Because like cricket they wont care if you owed the other company money, its common sense so dont listen to retards like "Red Setter".
    When i figure out how to do it I will let you know and yes its possible.

Any word on flashing the Blackberry? I'd like to flash my Sprint BB with alltel...

PIN 325906f8

Phones
    BB 9810 is primary
    BB 9810
    Verizon Motorola Km1
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No can do AFAIK.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can never re-brand a Blackberry. Once a carrier brands it, that's it. You can install the OS from another carrier, unlock the Blackberry, and it will work perfectly, but the splash screen at startup will be that of the original carrier. Forever. So no, you cannot "re-flash" a Blackberry. Alltel may or may not allow you to activate someone else's device. Neither Sprint nor Verizon will allow it.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    alltel will activate it but the problem i'm having is with the pin being tied to a provider besides alltel so alltel cant get internet going...gonna have to see if i can get that pin released...

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    alright well i was able to get my curve on alltel with everything working so i know it can be done..

Phone
    Motorola Q9c
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    have you got the internet working?