Thread: Bell EPP's

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Bell EPP's

Seeing how Aliant is continuously being converted to Baby Bell, is it possible to get the Bell EPP plans?

Preferred $15.25

$15.25/ mo

Includes:

• 200 anytime minutes
    • Unlimited nights & weekends minutes (6pm – 7am)
    • Call Waiting and Conference Calling

Sounds good.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830 World Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Aliant (Bell Aliant Regional Communications)
    Feedback Score
    Although Aliant is owned by Bell, it is still Aliant. It is just Bell Aliant Mobility instead. Although many people whine about how much better things were when Aliant was NBtel, MTT, etc. they are still the same as they always were, just a different name. Sure things changed a little, but all the same people who worked for those provincial companies, still worked for Aliant. Aliant is basically a Brand Name of Bell. Just like Fido is a brand of Rogers. They are owned by the big company, but still have plans relevant to the local service area. The same goes for Sasktel, and Solo Mobile. They are owned by Bell, but still have their own plans which fit with the local areas, rather then mass producing Bell everywhere. It is really quite brilliant on Bell's part, because it allows them to offer all kinds of plans that meet the needs of each area. At the moment there is no word on whether Bell Aliant will eventually move to the Bell branded plans, especially since Bell Aliant is constantly coming out with new plans, which aren't similar to the ones that Bell offers. The other issue is that Bell Aliant currently owns 75% of the market share in Atlantic Canada, where as Bell only owns about 35% to 40% of the market share in all of Canada. Bell Aliant is way further ahead in their customer service, and dealer channel then Bell is, and their penetration in the market proves it. So if Bell comes in and changes everything, they chance losing much of the business that Aliant has worked so hard to get. I think in the long run it will be worth Bell's while, to just leave Aliant well alone, and let them run their own show, and collect the money.
    Atlantic canada is a whole different market then the rest of canada. So if there is to much change, it won't go over well. I think Bell knows this, and thats why there is still Sasktel and Solo Mobile and more. We'll soon see, but at this point there is no discussions of their plans becoming similar anytime soon. But as we all know, things in the telecomunications industry can change by the minute.

Device(s)
    BB 8130
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK, as of about 8 months ago when I was working for SaskTel, they weren't owned by Bell, which makes them unique in the regional carrier market. It also shows in things like their IPTV line up - there isn't a lot of Disney programming available, for example, since (it seems) Disney doesn't like dealing with such small companies.

That said, SaskTel maintains a very close working relationship with Bell. It was only about 6 months ago, IIRC, that SaskTel brought it's own text messaging server online, instead of having it handled by a Bell server out-of-province (Alta, IIRC)
    I do not speak on behalf of my employer. My thoughts are my own.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830 World Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Aliant (Bell Aliant Regional Communications)
    Feedback Score
    Just as an update, You'll be excited to know, if you haven't found out already, that the EPP plans that Bell has are available all accross canada now. Bell Aliant Mobility officially became part of the Bell family a few months ago. So everything Bell offers is the same accross the country. But be careful, because some of the plans that they offer in Atlantic Canada are different then the rest of Canada, and some of the plans they have aren't available in atlantic canada either. Not sure when they'll be fixing that but, thats the issues some people are having at the moment.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS since mid 2007, Bell-Aliant (96-07) Worsened over time!
    Feedback Score
    My son and his wife are Aliant clients and have found out that it is difficult to get info on what plans are offered where due to the fact that 611 CS is now handled by a ICT call-centre and not by Aliant staff since the Bell takeover of Aliant mobility. They ended up calling Bell directly in order to clear things up.
    Yes....I know that my username is an oxy-moron!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    And your former Aliant staff is/was handling Quebec and Ontario calls. They are slowly being moved into other Aliant departments, since we don't own any other part of aliant.

It's a shame, because Aliant mobility reps were really good.
    Work _________________________________Blackberry 9700

Twitter: @BBMacD-Where I will tweet new info when i'm too lazy to post it! (often)
    Former Bell Dealer
    Former Bell Mobility Employee

Carrier(s)
    TELUS since mid 2007, Bell-Aliant (96-07) Worsened over time!
    Feedback Score
    Over the years I had some great experiences with Aliant CSRs, in fact I walked the picketline with a few during the strike. Nice to know that they are being moved to other depts instead of getting the boot.

Carrier(s)
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    bell aliant was privatized and bell Canada bought the remaining interest in it, which now makes bell aliant fully controlled by bell Canada, soon we might see the alient name drop and im guessing it might just be bell
    I put the "HO" back in "HOFO"

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You do realize the last post in this DEAD thread was almost 6 years ago?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drhollett View Post
    You do realize the last post in this DEAD thread was almost 6 years ago?
    That WAS the last post but now its not, THIS is the last post! dated Today.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Way to boost your post count I guess. Digging up dead threads.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drhollett View Post
    Way to boost your post count I guess. Digging up dead threads.
    hava look at my post count, do i really need to boost it up? i think not i spend way too much time as it is. my post was valid and it was related to bell alient, i think your trying to boost your post count by posting about unrelated matters. post something relivant if u must.