Thread: Possible to waive deposit?

Phones
    BlackBerry 8310 Crimson
    BlackBerry 8310 Titanium
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Possible to waive deposit?

I recall having nextel in the past when a deposit was needed if it was the lowest level they were capable of waiving the deposit. I am looking to pick up 2 lines with sprint under the $95 unlimited family plan but it requires that I pay 2 $150 deposits. Is it possible to have this waived when purchasing through telesales like it was in the past? The rep told me she could not but I have never went by what a rep has told me before...

Phones
    Samsung M610
    Motorola i880
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    unlikely anyone would waive over telesales.

still unlikely, but, your best best to getting it waived would be at a sprint store.. if they really want the activations they may at least waive 1 deposit. you never know though, go to a store and ask... worst that can happen they say no and when you start walking out they change their mind.

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier
    The one that works best for me.
    Feedback Score
    Deposits can not be waived, no matter what departments you call.

Phones
    Samsung M610
    Motorola i880
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    Deposits can not be waived, no matter what departments you call.
    not over telesales, but the deposit can "disappear" if it were at a sprint store and they really wanted the activation.. i've seen it done.

go to a sprint store on a slow, raining, crappy day

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier
    The one that works best for me.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sebo
    not over telesales, but the deposit can "disappear" if it were at a sprint store and they really wanted the activation.. i've seen it done.

Thats interesting. The store that my little bro works for, they don't have a way around the system.

Phone
    BB Curve Sprint
    Feedback Score

Unless its coming out of their own pocket (NOT likely), its not going to happen. Even if they try to bypass it and issue a precash card to "fool" the system and never load the precash card with the money, it'll be on your bill. From what I understand (b/c I haven't been faced with the situation yet), a precash card that doesn't already have your money loaded on it won't even pass to activate. They've also stopped the "I want to use my moms debit card for the deposit" scheme that a lot of people were doing. If your billing address on the card isn't the same as you phone billing address, it won't go through.
    My Sprint Plan - 2 Phones, 1 Aircard

Phone 1 - $20 - 3000 Anytime mins, Unlimited N&W @ 7p, Unlimited Data and Messaging

Phone 2 - $30 - 500 Anytime mins, Unlimited N&W @ 7p, Unlimited Data and Messaging

Aircard - $29.99 - Unlimited Data Usage

$79.99 + tax/month=

100th POST - 12/30/08 @ 23:44est My Post

Phones
    Samsung M610
    Motorola i880
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstroupe
    Unless its coming out of their own pocket (NOT likely), its not going to happen. Even if they try to bypass it and issue a precash card to "fool" the system and never load the precash card with the money, it'll be on your bill. From what I understand (b/c I haven't been faced with the situation yet), a precash card that doesn't already have your money loaded on it won't even pass to activate. They've also stopped the "I want to use my moms debit card for the deposit" scheme that a lot of people were doing. If your billing address on the card isn't the same as you phone billing address, it won't go through.
    i don't know if the system has changed but i know for a fact a store manager has/had the ability to make the deposit "disappear".

i've seen activations even if the person has had a delinquent account from 2 years ago, the right person can make that "disappear" as well and issue a new activation.

anyway, what i suggest to the OP:

just get one line and pay the deposit and wait a few months after some payments to build credit (usually takes a year) but if you call you can talk to a rep about getting the deposit restriction removed they *might* if you have a good few months of payment history.

Phones
    LG Fusic (Retired)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    When having to pay a deposit I have always been offered at least a $25 dollar credit. If you have 2 complain and see if they will give you $50 for the 2 lines Yeah I know that doesn't get rid of it but it helps.
    SERO F&F 500
    N/W Starting at 7 p.m.
    Mobile to Mobile
    Unlimited Data
    Free Unlimited Texts
    Free Pick 3
    Free 100 Bonus Mins
    TEP

Total = $37.00

Phones
    BlackBerry 8310 Crimson
    BlackBerry 8310 Titanium
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i don't know if the system has changed but i know for a fact a store manager has/had the ability to make the deposit "disappear".

i've seen activations even if the person has had a delinquent account from 2 years ago, the right person can make that "disappear" as well and issue a new activation.

anyway, what i suggest to the OP:

just get one line and pay the deposit and wait a few months after some payments to build credit (usually takes a year) but if you call you can talk to a rep about getting the deposit restriction removed they *might* if you have a good few months of payment history.
    The rep was going to give me the $95/mo unlimited family plan. $95/mo for 2 lines which is why I was going to do 2, I don't need 2 but it is cheaper to get 2 lines than 1 if it weren't for the deposit.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    First of all, are you talking $95/m per phone or $95/m for 2 lines together. Either way, those prices are completely wrong. If you were to get two lines for Unlimited Everything, it would be $99 for the first line and $95 for the second line.

-VDubb

Phones
    BlackBerry 8310 Crimson
    BlackBerry 8310 Titanium
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb
    First of all, are you talking $95/m per phone or $95/m for 2 lines together. Either way, those prices are completely wrong. If you were to get two lines for Unlimited Everything, it would be $99 for the first line and $95 for the second line.

-VDubb
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topi...hreadid=811307

Would you like to attempt to correct me again?

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yea, and pretty easily at that. That was a plan offered before the 2/29/08 Simply Everything released, as a way to minimize defects from Verizon's/AT&T's/T-Mobile's Unlimited Plan announcements. While that one I never heard of, here is the more common one:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...5&page=8&pp=15

Those plans are offered only by Retentions and there is no way a sales Rep would have access to a plan like that, and I doubt retentions would give it to a new customer (most people who got those were existing subscribers threatening to leave).

Anyway, now that Sprint has a more competitive plan, the odds of you getting that plan are ridiculously slim; however, if you manage to pull it off, lets us know.

-VDubb

Phones
    BlackBerry 8310 Crimson
    BlackBerry 8310 Titanium
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb
    Yea, and pretty easily at that. That was a plan offered before the 2/29/08 Simply Everything released, as a way to minimize defects from Verizon's/AT&T's/T-Mobile's Unlimited Plan announcements. While that one I never heard of, here is the more common one:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...5&page=8&pp=15

Those plans are offered only by Retentions and there is no way a sales Rep would have access to a plan like that, and I doubt retentions would give it to a new customer (most people who got those were existing subscribers threatening to leave).

Anyway, now that Sprint has a more competitive plan, the odds of you getting that plan are ridiculously slim; however, if you manage to pull it off, lets us know.

-VDubb
    Doesn't seem as if that went pretty easily for you seeing you were still unable to correct me. It is in fact a valid plan, a store representative wouldn't be able to add it, I never said they could. In fact I said I spoke with a telesales representative to begin with thus leaving your statement invalid to begin with. I am sure I have been in this industry longer than you have and know how to get plans that are no longer available. If retentions can add it to an account it can be added. This is where being a standard consumer and knowledgeable consumer come in to play, I would assume you are the earlier of that statement rather than the latter.

I would like it if you would keep your useless comments to yourself because they are doing nothing but wasting my time for having to respond to your ignorance.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    First, I said sales rep. A telesales rep would qualify as a sales rep. As I said, I seriously doubt you would get it, but if you do let us know. Also, try not to get offended so easily buddy; IMO, it looks like you're grasping for straws to try to make this a reality, and not getting the info you need, you are resorting to personal insults. Good luck with getting the deposit waived too.

-VDubb

Carriers
    T-Mobile (current)
    Verizon, Sprint (1997-2007)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Opportunist
    I would like it if you would keep your useless comments to yourself because they are doing nothing but wasting my time for having to respond to your ignorance.
    Great! So go get the plan then, and in a month, come back and let us know how your first bill turns out

I've seen this before, where a Sprint rep promises all kinds of things they shouldn't normally be able to promise, all to get that all-important Credit card number and to push those phones out the door. And then the shock comes when the first bill arrives and none of the promises materialize (and sometimes the bill turns out WAY worse than it should). What's REALLY awesome is when the victim then tries to push CS into making it right... only to find out that it's not going to happen AND they've waited past their 30 days, at which point if they want to back out, it's $200 per line please, thank you!

Oh, and this is all assuming you can either pay the deposit or manage to get it waived (good luck with that!), of course.

You're being assessed a deposit for a reason. In the past Sprint reps might have had carte blanche to waive them, but the company learned the hard way why it shouldn't do that. If they're still allowing people to waive deposits, then they will continue to get what they deserve.

Left: iPhone 5s on T-Mobile. Right: Comcast home internet connection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast