MobiTV mess: my analogy
Even fellow HC has compared it with a movie theatre with no walls, imagine this...
- It is not right that not to pay for the tickets to watch the movies showing at the theatres. I agree.
- At a theatre box office, it has no locked door, no bullet-proof glass window, just a counter in the theatre where the public can access.
- There is an automated machine issuing tickets. Supposedly, only the staffs who are authorized to work at the box office know how to operate the machine and issue the tickets.
- Just for "convenience", that machine is just sitting on the counter and staffs at the box office have a binder right next to the ticket machine. There is a label on the front printed, "moviestixbarcodes".
- One night, as usual, movie goers are lining up for buying their tickets at the box office.
- While waiting in the line, someone has nothing to do but watching how the staffs at the box office. Then someone starts seeing something quite routine, repetitive there...
- Before the machine cranks out the tickets, the staffs opens the binder, scan for something first. It turns out to be a sheet of paper with different bar codes for different movies.
- While the box office staffs counting changes for other movie goers, someone walks up to the counter, opens the binder, scans the codes and picks up the ticket.
- Isn't it strange? The box office staffs looks like they do not see what has just happened or perhaps they thought, "Hmm... Only authorized people know how to operate the ticket machine and can issue the tickets, it is gotta be okay. We trust those people who knows how to use the machine."
- Then someone discuss this matter with the other movie goers about what happens at that theatre. It is just as easy as step 1-2-3! So those movie goers start "self-serving" themselves while others who still have no idea keeps lining up and paying for the tickets.
- Suddenly a manager at the theatre has overheard the discussion and pulls someone to a side... "Stop telling people about it, or I will have your mouth covered by force! That binder is for internal use and we have never said you can get the ticket by yourself like that!"
- Then someone replies, "So we are just talking how your machine works and how the tickets are issued! It is an observable fact and everyone in the line-up long enough would come up with the idea too! It is not my problem for your 'convenient truth' !"
HC - NO "i"
I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!
"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian