Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: MobiTv and HowardForums *Situation is now resolved*

Feedback Score
    And now our friends at Engadget Mobile

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...hould-instead/

Feedback Score
    Sorry if this is a re-post, but did you see MobiTV's response on Digg?

http://digg.com/security/MobiTV_to_H...2281#c13462281

MobiTV here -

This is a very serious issue for us.

We are a technology company that serves paying subscribers, content partners and carriers. Our responsibility to each of these important stakeholders is of the utmost priority.

So where does this leave us in light of this entire Digg thread?
    Well, we’re actively implementing additional measures to address this initial unauthorized access. We are also using this as an opportunity to further enhance our security.

Here’s the thing: our outreach to Howardforums.com and other websites was an effort only to remove the specific information and NOT to interrupt or shutdown the valuable service these sites provide to mobile users worldwide.
    Note: If you need support for your HTC device, please contact HTC Customer Support. I am not a support technician and will not be able to help in most instances.

Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Screw Mobitv, they need to hire more competent coders. Who the hell uses them? I hope they go bankrupt soon.

Carriers
    Back Again: US Cellular,
    Old and Busted: Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Give me a break. If their C&D actually succeeded and things like 'caches' didn't exist, they would've probably not bothered to improve upon their protection methods.

Whoever manages Network Security for MobiTV should be ejected.

--Droo, @Network

Phones
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    $50 700 min, 6pm EW. Free: incoming, 200 LD, CID
    $75 UL HSPA Aircard plan
    Carrier
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    What's hilarious is that the big networks are going to find out what MobiTV is doing with *their* content. (Because it's not MobiTV's content, is it?)

And MobiTV is going to end up on the pointy end of about 50 C&D's -- they're going to get a taste of their own medicine! (The difference being that MobiTV is actually in the wrong, whereas HoFo is not.)

You'd think that they could just patch their security, but it's not that simple. They'll have to be able to authenticate every stream request to Sprint databases in real time, transparently to the user. That kind of thing is complex!

How long does everyone think that MobiTV will stay in business? Days? Weeks? Months even?

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    okay guys. I just had a conversation with the president of MobiTV. He had this to say:

Howard, great catching up today. Again, we're big fans of the sight and our intention was never to bring your entire sight down or to "censor the Internet" like we're being accused. The irony is that is quite the opposite type of company we are and as one of the leaders in new media, we couldn't be more supportive of the rights of sights like yours. Please know that our first priority is always to fix any security issues with our system and we're doing that. Additionally, we also have a responsibility to our content and carrier partners to reduce the impact of any breaches to the system once they occur and that was really the basis for the correspondence you had with our legal team.

I look forward to continuing to find interesting and vibrant insights from HowardForums.

Best regards,
    Paul Scanlan
    Cofounder, President
    So I guess everything is okay now. Thank you all for your support! Never doubt the power of the community!
    Last edited by howard; 03-07-2008 at 06:00 PM.

New Infinity Blade character

My iPhone 5 ringtone: Bah, Bah, Black Sheep.

Our reviews:

ZTE Open| Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Apple iPhone 5c | Apple iPhone 5s | LG G2 | Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in pictures | Samsung Galaxy Mega | 2013 Nexus 7 | Cel-Fi Signal Booster | Huawei Ascend Y300 | Motorola Moto X | Blackberry Q5 | Motorola Moto X | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" | Belkin NetCam HD | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" | Belkin WeMo Switch | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" | Nexus 7 2012 vs 2013 | Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 | MugenPower GS4 Battery | Huawei Ascend Y210 | Huawei B890 Router | Nokia Lumia 520 | Blackberry Q10 | ZTE F160 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC One | Sony Xperia ZL | Nokia Lumia 620 | Samsung ATIV-S | Blackberry Z10 | Samsung Galaxy Camera | Reflections on 2012 | HTC Windows Phone 8s | Samsung Rugby LTE | Huawei D Quad XL | Google Nexus 4 | Apple iPad Mini | HTC One X+ | HTC Windows Phone 8X | Nokia Lumia 920 | Sony Xperia T | Parrot Zik | LG Optimus G | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Motorola DEFY PRO | Motorola RAZR HD LTE | From iOS to Android | Apple iPhone 5 | HoFo at the CWTS coverage | Rogers LTE Rocket Hub ZTE MF28B | Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 launch | Motorola RAZR V | Motorola ATRIX HD LTE | Back to School Guide | HTC One V | Huawei Ascend P1 | Sony Xperia ION | Nokia Lumia 610 | Nexus 7 | LG Optimus L7 | HTC Titan II | Sony Xperia U | OtterBox Commuter for HTC One X | Samsung Galaxy S III | HTC One S | Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE | Nokia Lumia 900 | HTC One X | Apple iPad 3 | Sony Xperia S | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 | Nokia Lumia 710 | Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0 | Casemate Pop for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Commuter for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Defender for Galaxy Nexus | Nokia Lumia 800 | Motorola Pro+ | Blackberry Curve 9360 | Asus Transformer Prime | Galaxy S Glide | Blackberry Bold 9790 | Nokia N9 | 2011 Gift Guide | HTC Amaze 4G | Acer ICONIA Tab A501 | LG Optimus LTE | Case Mate TANK | Samsung Galaxy S II LTE | Motorola RAZR | Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w4lker
    You'd think that they could just patch their security, but it's not that simple. They'll have to be able to authenticate every stream request to Sprint databases in real time, transparently to the user. That kind of thing is complex!
    Complex because they released the product without having this authentication in place. There are several other content providers on cell networks that are successful in protecting their product.

--Droo, @Network

Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by howard
    So I guess everything is okay now. Thank you all for your support!
    That's very good news. I'm glad that he is apparently of sane mind, even if he doesn't know the difference between site and sight...

--Droo, @Network

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ...as everyone who paid for a premium membership today as a show of support now sends e-mails demanding a refund....

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    okay guys. I just had a conversation with the president of MobiTV. He had this to say:

Well, at least a cooler head finally prevailed over at MobiTV. That's fan-freaking-tastic news.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    Sorry if this is a re-post, but did you see MobiTV's response on Digg?

http://digg.com/security/MobiTV_to_H...2281#c13462281
    Muahaha. Excellent.

Feedback Score
    Howardforums: 1

lawyers: 999948730

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And Howard, I think I speak for all of us when I say I appreciate you sticking to your guns, standing up for what's right, and going to bat for all of us. You rock!

Phone
    Motorola Z6w
    Carrier
    fido
    Feedback Score
    lol does that mean we won the war?

Phones
    HTC EVO LTE
    EVO LTE
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What's more surprising is out of 795,000 registered users, only a mere 200 are Premium? Come on folks, it cost less then a trip to Starbucks (And maybe soon a gallon of gas).

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast