Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fogot My tracfone lock code!

Phone
    Droid A855
    Carrier
    Page+
    Feedback Score

Fogot My tracfone lock code!

I set my own lock code for my LG tracfone. I havn't locked it in about 6 months. Today I accendently mixed up the lock key with the "manner mode" key. I pressed lock instead of putting it on vibrate. Now it's locked and I don't know the code. I've tried everything I can think of. Can I do anything?

Thanks.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    You need to call Tracfone, they can send a signal to the phone to unlock and reset it through the underlying provider (may take a few hours or a day).

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    You need to call Tracfone, they can send a signal to the phone to unlock and reset it through the underlying provider (may take a few hours or a day).
    I don't believe that is correct. The phone lock is on the phone itself and cannot be reset OTA. I would still call TracFone and see what they suggest. In the meantime, try every combination of codes you can think of that you might have used.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    I agree with IsLand_BoY. I don't believe that Tracfone can unlock your phone OTA.

If you had a GSM phone and had forgotten the SIM PIN, you could just enter a wrong one three times and then call CS for the PUK code. It sounds as though you have a CDMA phone, so your only choice is, as IsLand_BoY noted, just to keep trying different combos of numbers. You'll be temporarily locked out after several attempts, but just keep trying. Maybe you'll eventually remember it.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that they could unlock via cell tower. I also did not know that there was not a PUK code on CDMA phones.

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I lokced a new, unactivated 3280 yesterday. The activation guide told me to press #HELP*HELP (#4357*4357) The screen will then display your phone number. Copy this, then press the unlock key on the right soft key and enter the last 4 digits of your pnone number. This should automatically unlock your phone, it did mine without a call to CS. Good luck. Otis

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Otis, how did you dig this thread up?
    My wife locked her VZW phone by accident, she thought she was putting it in manner mode but locked it instead. She told me she thought of throwing the phone away rather than tell me what she'd done.
    I unlocked it by using the last 4 digits of her phone number.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1
    Otis, how did you dig this thread up?
    My wife locked her VZW phone by accident, she thought she was putting it in manner mode but locked it instead. She told me she thought of throwing the phone away rather than tell me what she'd done.
    I unlocked it by using the last 4 digits of her phone number.
    It is amazing how we don't think sometimes. I recently reactivated my daughters lg200. I wanted to reset it and erase all the contacts. I needed an unlock code for that. I knew we had set a code in it when she used it but that code did not work. It never dawned on me that the code reset it self to the default (last 4 of the phone number) when it was reactivated with a new number. I just reset it using the last 4 of the new number.

Duh!!
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Hey 25jive1;
    I joined the forum the other day, but I found this thread by 'Googling', "I accidently locked my LG3280 and don't know the unlock code'. While I was waiting for some kind person to answer me I took the trouble to check the activation guide that came witht he phone and that's where I got the above instructions. A bit off the topic, (okay completely off), can anyone explain what folks are talking about when the mention the software glithch on Tracfone that's giving extra bonus minutes?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    So, if you do change the lock code from the default and forget what it is and lock yourself out of your phone, can you transfer the number to another phone and then back to the original phone resetting the lock code back to the default?

I will have to test it to see.
    Even though it is the same number coming back to the phone it is a reactivation so maybe it will reset. Not to mention the benefit of the added minutes and service days from the new phone. Possible 620 minutes and 60 days total.

If anyone tries it before me let us know.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    CS will give you a code that you can have 10 more tires at the lock code.

but if you run through all those, they will send u a new phone. so think of all the possible ones you havent tried yet.

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about that, but I do know I tried my lock code a WHOLE lot more than 10 times, and it never locked me out from trying...

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Update:

I took a lg200 and changed the lock code from the default. Then I reactivated it and the lock code I set was changed to the default of the last 4 of the new phone number.

So if you change the default code and forget your lock code on your lg, you can either have your number changed or transfer your number to another phone then back to the lg and it will reset.

Feedback Score

Tracfone Key Pad Locked

Started up my Tracfone LG yesterday and it flashes a message 'Handset Permanently Blocked' then immediately a red checkmark comes on the screen with a confirmation beep saying 'Code Accepted'. I never used the handset lick option , it seemed to lock itself. Anyway the handset is locked except to view messages or phone book, when I push the menu key the phone turns off. So I called Tracfone and they said since I cannot access the menu through the menu button, that the only option would be to buy another phone. Does anyone know of another solution to this problem?

Feedback Score
    Pull the battery while the phone is on. It might straighten out if it has to reboot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast