Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: $250 8gb online today (refurb) for all at&t customers

Phones
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    iPhone 4S - 32 gb - White
    iPhone 3gs - 16 gb - Black
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kam1685
    I agree, that's where the $100 difference is. My first refurb had some gunk all around the screen that I had to clean out. The second had some minor chrome scratches, but everything else was good.

From the sounds of it, the aple refurbs are way better. I am in agreement that at&t just reset the phone, put a new plastic cover on it, then threw it in a box to ship out.
    I think it's random. My refurb from ATT is perfect. Clean and seems to run great (came with 1.1.1 and i updated to 1.1.4)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toomer
    Call Apple iPhone support (http://www.apple.com/support/contact/ ... 1-800-MY-IPHONE). I'd be very curious to see what they say about the discrepancy in the warranty dates.

Obviously, the July date is probably the date the phone was first purchased... and then returned, but not into Apple's system - but AT&T's. As we seem to be learning, AT&T's "refurb" process seems to be nothing more than using the "wipe all user data" option in the phone itself and repackaging it. If that is true, then it would make sense that Apple's system may not be up-to-date with the new sale of this phone.

Which makes me wonder - will Apple actually honor that "1-year warranty" from the date of purchase as an AT&T refurb? I think this is worth looking into. I'll see if I can check my fiancee's 4gb refurb when she gets home tonight. But if you can, I would give them a call right now and explain your situation. Please post the results back here if you do.

Did the AT&T website specifically say "1-year warranty" for the phone? I'm beginning to wonder (I never saw the listing, I got ours in a COR store).

I'm on the phone with them now and the phone was registered to someone else. She also told me that my phone only has 95 Days of warranty left on it. Then I told her that the apple website said I would have a year warranty on it. The she came back and said yes you do have a 1 year warranty... She sent me over to another dept to update my warranty. After about 10 mins on the phone she confirmed that I should go to the apple store and that my warranty had been updated.

So now I'm off to the apple store for my app at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlim
    One more reason to stick with TMO.. and I might just be an Apple convert now coz' of their excellent customer service.

Same here I was on the fence about buying an apple... but now I'm ready to go...

Phones
    iPhone (primary)
    BlackJack (if I must)
    RAZR (only if first two are broken)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    I'm on the phone with them now and the phone was registered to someone else. She also told me that my phone only has 95 Days of warranty left on it. Then I told her that the apple website said I would have a year warranty on it. The she came back and said yes you do have a 1 year warranty... She sent me over to another dept to update my warranty. After about 10 mins on the phone she confirmed that I should go to the apple store and that my warranty had been updated.

So now I'm off to the apple store for my app at 12:15.
    Great follow-up. So, it would seem that when AT&T "refurbs/resells" an iPhone ... Apple's warranty systems don't know about it. Either immediately, or possibly ever (perhaps this is something they overlooked). So I'd say it's worthwhile for everyone with a refurb to check their warranty date online (I think this is the right URL to do so -- https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do) and call in if an update is required.

I will do this this evening with my fiancee's 4gb and report back.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Phones
    Currently: Samsung Galaxy S - Vibrant
    Parents: Blackberry 8220 (Mom), Moto Milestone (Dad)
    Previous: Too Many to list...
    Carriers
    -T---Mobile (current)(2007-Present),
    At&t Wireless(2002-2004)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    When i checked the warrenty on mine, it said that the phone was never even registered/activated. Wonder how I get my warranty active if i don't activate thru iTunes.
    this is what i wonder too since i also buy a refurb from att as well.

Phones
    iphone 3Gs, 3G, Original
    Nexus One, HTC G1
    SE K750i, Moto KRZR
    Carrier
    T-Mobile's even more plus plan
    Feedback Score
    If you do not legitimately activate it through iTunes then you have no warranty.
    This is the price we pay to have unlocked - no contract phone in the U.S.
    Otherwise follow the proper authorized setup.

When I purchased my iPhone on launch day and then unlocked / jailbroke it so that I could use it with a non-AT&T sim, I accepted the fact that I had voided the warranty. When the rebate from Apple ($100 iTunes card for launch buyers) was released I accepted the fact that I could not receive it because I had not activated my iPhone with AT&T / iTunes - Apple, as I was supposed to. This is the price I will pay in order to enjoy the product contract free and to be able to install 3rd party apps that I see fit.

Feedback Score
    Update....

Just got back from the Apple Store took about 30 mins (Had to get the new guy) and I left out with a week 10 08' phone.

Phones
    T-Mobile iPhone Unlocked
    Motorola Q9H unlocked
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so the phone was "new" and not "refurb" ???
    Get More! always!

Phones
    Moto Droid
    iPhone 8gb
    Cingular (HTC)2125
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey everyone. Saw this deal last week over on hardforums. Ordered mine on Tuesday night about 8:00pm and received it on Thursday afternoon via DHL.

I was reading over on fatwallet, AT&T's practice of test charging $1.00 before the actual charges, were throwing up red flags at credit card companies and in particular AMEX. I used a Capital One MC and I had to call the next morning to verify the charges. Those that didn't call their CC company to verify charges, eventually had their orders placed on backorder. I wonder if ATT does this with every phone or just these since they are such demand?

Anyway, I just discovered these forums and look forward to chatting with you guys. I couldn't be more pleased with mine. It was brand new looking and there wasn't a speck of debris, scratch or anything on it. It came with the dock, power cube thingy, crappy earbuds, and a polishing cloth as well as a little booklet.

I've been using mine now over the weekend and keep finding more stuff it will do that I never realized. I enjoy it so much, I actually look forward to receiving work related calls. I went ahead and activated through iTunes and renewed my contract just for fear of losing any warranty available. Also, here in OKC, ATT was Cingular which was Southwestern Bell so their coverage can't be beat in this area. I've had no problems with their service and had no intention of leaving them so I didn't have a problem with a 2 year extension.

Anyway, I do have a question, now that it is activated with ATT, can I still jailbreak it or am I stuck with what I have now? Thanks in advance.

Phone
    3G 16GB iPhone
    Carrier
    AT & T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derek533
    Hey everyone. Saw this deal last week over on hardforums. Ordered mine on Tuesday night about 8:00pm and received it on Thursday afternoon via DHL.

I was reading over on fatwallet, AT&T's practice of test charging $1.00 before the actual charges, were throwing up red flags at credit card companies and in particular AMEX. I used a Capital One MC and I had to call the next morning to verify the charges. Those that didn't call their CC company to verify charges, eventually had their orders placed on backorder. I wonder if ATT does this with every phone or just these since they are such demand?

Anyway, I just discovered these forums and look forward to chatting with you guys. I couldn't be more pleased with mine. It was brand new looking and there wasn't a speck of debris, scratch or anything on it. It came with the dock, power cube thingy, crappy earbuds, and a polishing cloth as well as a little booklet.

I've been using mine now over the weekend and keep finding more stuff it will do that I never realized. I enjoy it so much, I actually look forward to receiving work related calls I went ahead and activated through iTunes and renewed my contract just for fear of losing any warranty available. Also, here in OKC, ATT was Cingular which was Southwestern Bell so their coverage can't be beat in this area. I've had no problems with their service and had no intention of leaving them so I didn't have a problem with a 2 year extension.

Anyway, I do have a question, now that it is activated with ATT, can I still jailbreak it or am I stuck with what I have now? Thanks in advance.
    welcome. I am a proud new owner of an iphone thru ATT online site also.

you can still jailbreak it after you activate it via iTunes. I would recommend you use iPlus 2.0d (or whatever the latest one is). I found it to be the most simple and easiest out of all jailbreak softwares.

Phones
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chinese_fury
    If you do not legitimately activate it through iTunes then you have no warranty.
    This is the price we pay to have unlocked - no contract phone in the U.S.
    Otherwise follow the proper authorized setup.

When I purchased my iPhone on launch day and then unlocked / jailbroke it so that I could use it with a non-AT&T sim, I accepted the fact that I had voided the warranty. When the rebate from Apple ($100 iTunes card for launch buyers) was released I accepted the fact that I could not receive it because I had not activated my iPhone with AT&T / iTunes - Apple, as I was supposed to. This is the price I will pay in order to enjoy the product contract free and to be able to install 3rd party apps that I see fit.
    I'm on the phone with apple right now and my warranty is valid. I did not activate through iTunes. They are now giving me the runaround saying that refurb phones do not get a year warranty, you only get whats left from the original (in my case 220 days).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rodr2257
    so the phone was "new" and not "refurb" ???

I'm sure it was refurbed but according to the serial number it was a week 10 08 phone... but it looks brand new.

Feedback Score
    I'm on the phone with apple right now and my warranty is valid. I did not activate through iTunes. They are now giving me the runaround saying that refurb phones do not get a year warranty, you only get whats left from the original (in my case 220 days).

That's because the person that owned it before you activated it... Mine was still under the other person's name. I had to call and then fax in my invoice to prove date of purchase.

Phones
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    That's because the person that owned it before you activated it... Mine was still under the other person's name. I had to call and then fax in my invoice to prove date of purchase.
    But the agent i spoke with was "positive" that you don't get a 1 year warranty on a refurb, you only get whats left from the original purchaser (activator)

Feedback Score
    But the agent i spoke with was "positive" that you don't get a 1 year warranty on a refurb, you only get whats left from the original purchaser (activator)

they transfered me to the "admin" group and they fixed for me.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast