Thread: Motorola VU30 Pre-Release Thread

Phones
    Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Current
    Motorola E815 - Ol Reliable
    Lg enV - Retired
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    not to impressed so far. I dont like the rounded idea to it. Its odd to me. I dont know why Moto has been ceasing to impress me lately. The w755 would have been perfect if it had bigger screens. V9m would be better if it was less pricey. Z6tv would be perfect if it was as reliable as Z6c.

1,000 Posts August 5th, 2006
    2,000 Posts June 14th, 2007

Carriers
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think Motorola COULD do very well with a high style phone, but they have to face the reality that the vast majority of the cell phone market under age 30 has shifted to texting and touch screens. Motorola had the A630 a long time ago, but being ahead of it's time, it seemed to fizzle and Moto never followed it up. If they're going to do a high style touch screen flip phone, they need to be able to do more than make a screen that can control music.

If this phone has a decent touch feature set, Verizon gets the phone in a decent color, and that the phone offers good texting features, then it will sell well. If it's another flip with crippled touch controls and bizarre bronze color, it will suffer the same fate as the V9m.
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola E815
    LG VX4600
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    The one in that video is a winner IMO. If this phone had the same keypad, the touch functions on the front screen AND THE SAME UI it would be a winner in my book. I'd probably buy it. There's literally nothing on the market that interests me. That's why I still have my E815 that I bought the first week it came out in August 2005. I haven't liked a phone in 3 years.

Phones
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    LG VX9600 Versa
    LG VX9100 enV² Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was looking over in the VZW LG forum and Moderator HF 9 of that forum posted this image about the LG VX8360. It shows not only that phone, but lists this phone (and several others .. a v6c???) and a release date of September 9th:
    http://i37.tinypic.com/2dsmxbm.jpg

My Phones Over The Years

Feedback Score
    Wonder what this V6c is... That's in a week. Where's the leaks? Wanna at least see pics of those things.

But what's that UTSC TXT 8010? Never heard/saw anything from that. So maybe these aren't release dates but dates they put it in the system?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by makeitso5005
    Wonder what this V6c is... That's in a week. Where's the leaks? Wanna at least see pics of those things.

But what's that UTSC TXT 8010? Never heard/saw anything from that. So maybe these aren't release dates but dates they put it in the system?
    The UTSC TXT 8010 is a prepaid QWERTY phone.

Carriers
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm actually thinking one of two things about the V6c. Notice how all the other phones say "at device launch", but the V6c does not. My guesses are that:

1. They mean the MAXX Ve, which was originally designated as the V6c.

2. They mean there is going to be an update for the Z6c.

Phones
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500
    LG VX9600 Versa
    LG VX9100 enV² Black
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    I'm actually thinking one of two things about the V6c. Notice how all the other phones say "at device launch", but the V6c does not. My guesses are that:

1. They mean the MAXX Ve, which was originally designated as the V6c.

2. They mean there is going to be an update for the Z6c.
    I completely forgot that the Ve was code named v6c... Your logic makes sense to me.

Feedback Score
    FYI, the manual is online at the Motorola site

http://www.motorola.com/Hellomoto/Ma...UG_US_VER_.pdf

Phones
    BB Curve 8330
    BB Pearl 8130
    Motorola Z6TV
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwr130
    FYI, the manual is online at the Motorola site

http://www.motorola.com/Hellomoto/Ma...UG_US_VER_.pdf
    good find! hopefully this phone comes in a color other than silver. preferably black. and i hope verizon doesn't screw this phone up like they seem to do with all Motorola's.

But none the less, good find.

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola E815
    LG VX4600
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I hope it comes to another carrier so the awful Verizon UI can be flashed off. I won't consider a phone that uses that crap UI. I really want a new phone but I won't buy anything but Motorola for RF purposes and I refuse to be stuck with the Verizon UI. Nothing interests me...

Phones
    BB Curve 8330
    BB Pearl 8130
    Motorola Z6TV
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
    I hope it comes to another carrier so the awful Verizon UI can be flashed off. I won't consider a phone that uses that crap UI. I really want a new phone but I won't buy anything but Motorola for RF purposes and I refuse to be stuck with the Verizon UI. Nothing interests me...
    It totally sucks and I agree. All these cool phones coming out but we can't customize to what we want. I understand the argument from VZW on this, but for those of us who want a cool looking, customizable phone it sucks.

I was in the store the other day and a guy tried to sell me the v9m. I told him that I didn't want it, it's too expensive for what it is. He asked how so. I told him well it's basically like a Mercedes body with a Pinto engine. He laughed. I said look, i can get the W755 for $20 or the v9m for $200 and the only difference is the looks. The UI and all that is excatly the same. He didn't have a comeback for that and some people overheard and went with the W755 instead. I'm sure he didn't like me very much.

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola E815
    LG VX4600
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madeinhb
    It totally sucks and I agree. All these cool phones coming out but we can't customize to what we want. I understand the argument from VZW on this, but for those of us who want a cool looking, customizable phone it sucks.

I was in the store the other day and a guy tried to sell me the v9m. I told him that I didn't want it, it's too expensive for what it is. He asked how so. I told him well it's basically like a Mercedes body with a Pinto engine. He laughed. I said look, i can get the W755 for $20 or the v9m for $200 and the only difference is the looks. The UI and all that is excatly the same. He didn't have a comeback for that and some people overheard and went with the W755 instead. I'm sure he didn't like me very much.
    Good. I hope the Verizon UI is internally running their profits into the ground. Hopefully that's why they've been changing it drastically left and right lately. I'm praying they just completely give up and let the users have a phone as the manufacturer intended it to be. It seems that "flashing" days are coming to an end as carriers seem to be getting nothing but exclusives lately. If nothing decent comes out anytime soon, I don't know what I'm going to do. I've had my E815 for over 3 years. It can't last forever.

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola E815
    LG VX4600
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I saw these pics in another thread.

The phone looks fantastic IMO. WAYYYY better than in the other pictures leaked months ago. They looked terrible. I'm hoping this is a wide release so it'll be possible to flash away the Verizon UI.

If this phone turns out to be a Verizon exclusive, does anyone know if Motorola still has DST software for it? Meaning, would it still be possible to get Synergy somehow, even if they don't have a carrier branded UI released anywhere?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the UI on it isnt actually that bad.
    is it just me or does the off-center moto logo on the front bug anyone else? can you say OCD?
    My Feedback!
    1000 posts on July 4th 2007 at 3:06am est

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast