Phones
    Sony W810i
    Treo 700wx
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question Iphone in Costa Rica

My boss is leaving next week for Costa Rica and would like to take his iphone with him. I went into an AT&T store and they said it'll work down there, I called AT&T support and they told me it wouldn't. I figured this is the place to ask the question.

Will the Iphone work in Costa Rica?

As a note it's firmware 1.1.4 and completely stock (i just got him a new on yesterday his old one was acting up).

thanks

Phones
    iPhone (primary)
    BlackJack (if I must)
    RAZR (only if first two are broken)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like there 1 GSM carrier in Costa Rica working on the 1800mhz band. Fortunately, iPhone is a quad-band phone (850/900/1800/1900) so you have technical compatibility with the network down there.

AT&T may or may not have an international roaming agreement in place with that carrier, though. Although if you check this page on their own website:

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/in...l=calltoaction

You can pull up "Costa Rica" as a country ... so I'd say that's a pretty strong indicator that the customer support rep was wrong (go figure!)
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Phones
    Sony W810i
    Treo 700wx
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Hmmm

I saw that technically it'll work down there. I'm afraid to say yes it'll work and have it not work. i know the iphone is locked down so i wasn't sure if that would matter. The store reps said that there isn't any world roaming discount rates for costa rica other than the phone discount.

Thanks for the response.