In regards to the number of rings then going to voicemail is not standard as the user can set their call diversion time setting anywhere from 5 seconds up to 30 seconds before going to voicemail or forwarding to another number.
The User can also call Customer service and have them adjust the time setting as well before going to voicemail.
As for the ringtone times, the standard on most systems is usually a 3 second ring with a 2 second pause in between is what you would hear on your side. What is heard on the otherside depends on the Users ringtone.
So the following could also be true:
3. Person has set their setting to 5 (or 10) seconds and such you get 1 ring then goes to VM.
4. Person has set their setting to 10-15 seconds and such you get 2 rings then goes to VM.
5. Person has set their setting to 20-25 seconds and such you get 4 rings then goes to VM.
6. Person has set their setting to 5-10 seconds and such you get 1 ring followed by 1 quick ring, then gets forwarded to their second cellphone which is set for 20-30 seconds giving you the 4 rings then goes to that cells VM.
1. Could be #6 above, but both phones are off.
2. Sounds about right.
You can read about the call diversion codes in this link.
GSM Codes thread in General Questions forum here on Howardforums.
or this site.
Using it: GSM codes
If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.
I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.
Subject: You can read this-trust me!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
Now you know how I think.