Thread: Can You Check An MEID On-Line?

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can You Check An MEID On-Line?

There's this guy selling a Juke on craiglist and he only has the phone. No charger or anything. In an older post he admitted he found it but that has since been deleted. I don't plan on buying it but I thought I'd mess with him. I asked him for the MEID number and he gave me the HEX #? Is that the MEID? Also can I check it on-line without calling Verizon?

Phones
    LG9400
    BB8830 WE
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hex is a just another way of giving an ESN. You can find an online converter that will convert the hex to meid.

What do you mean by "check" the esn? If you mean, see if its on the negative file, then no you cannot check it online. You must call vzw.

Why are you trying to mess with him anyway?

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Because he admitted that he found the phone and I just think it's crappy to try and sell it instead of trying to find the rightful owner. I've already given up though.

Phones
    LG9400
    BB8830 WE
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I'd let it be. Some people just don't have morals. It will come back on him, maybe he'll loose his phone and never get it back.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It was a juke someone purposely lost that thing...

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    To be honest, call 800-922-0204 (C.S.) and tell them about the listing on Craigslist, they can have a tech look at the HEX number you have and they can see if its on the lost/stolen list. At that point, there's good reason for this to go to the next step because someone is dealing with stolen goods and selling them on Craigslist. And, a stolen phone will not be able to be activated either.
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones
    There's this guy selling a Juke on craiglist and he only has the phone. No charger or anything. In an older post he admitted he found it but that has since been deleted. I don't plan on buying it but I thought I'd mess with him. I asked him for the MEID number and he gave me the HEX #? Is that the MEID? Also can I check it on-line without calling Verizon?
    You can check when you register with Inpulse. But, that's the problem. It will register the phone as well.

If you are legit seller, you don't want to give it out until when the the phone is about to be paid for or already won in an auction.

If you are a buyer, doing the Inpulse check will register the phone, thus, can have it branded as "bad."

I have also used the email method, but the response is slower than calling in.

Someone else suggested swapping the ESN to another phone. But this also presents its own issues.

Feedback Score
    Hi - I have a question. My friend lost her Verizon 3G iphone, bought a new one, and then someone found her old one. Can I have the phone unlocked and apply it to my plan?

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.howardforums.com/index.html
    This site was developed by deathtrip and works very well for checking MEID/ESNs online.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ellengeri View Post
    Hi - I have a question. My friend lost her Verizon 3G iphone, bought a new one, and then someone found her old one. Can I have the phone unlocked and apply it to my plan?
    Was the phone reported as stolen originally? If so, then now, you can't use it. If not, then it should be usable assuming you are activating it on another Verizon account.

Feedback Score
    Good news! I was able to set up my iphone! Woo hoo! Thanks again everybody for your input.
    Ellen

Feedback Score
    All you need to do it go to Verizon's site and act like you are going to activate a phone for prepaid: https://billpaysvc.verizonwireless.c...ESNPage.action