Thread: My 4.5 os Beta review

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score

My 4.5 os Beta review

So I have 4.5 os in beta on my 8320. Well lets just say, its a very nice OS improvment. There are little bugs here and there. So I going to start with the negative first then the good.

Cons/ Bugs
    My faves doesnt completely refresh
    I had to refresh several times and I am still missing two contacts
    Battery Pull
    Every battery pull resets the customization to the orignal confifuration
    Memory leak
    Yes its still there, and I caught it at 3mb left from 14mb just hours before
    i am still trying to figure out why. It seems to start after the video is recoreded

Pros
    Email set up is nice
    Spell checker has been moved to email options
    BES users will like how you can change the colors of your emails and its not stupid strips. The background is edged in a different color.Its really nice.
    Address book
    It has many improvments as in adding a birthday and instant search feature called "activity log". Where is does query on the selected name for call logs, text,mms, emails all of anything with that person name.
    Video record
    Its very nice, nice and smooth. I dont know how long it will go though.
    Added smoother fonts, they are very crisp now and they removed SYSTEM as a font option and added two new ones.
    They added auto retries on SMS messages
    My faves is more intergrated into the OS
    This version also came with updated AIM, MSN,Yahoo and Google messengers. They removed ICQ. All the versions are 2.0. AIM doesnt work because its 2.0 on Tmo
    Browser has much more options in terms how the page is rendered. It knows the diference between wap and full html and can adjust if you set that options.
    It also has a nice autocomplete feature for entering web addys
    Spell checker has a improvment. Misspelled words are highlighted in red.
    Docs to go
    Is on here as well, but havent tried it as yet

Any questions ask them here in thread. NO PM PLEASE
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

Phones
    BB 9810 is primary
    BB 9810
    Verizon Motorola Km1
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You need to make sure you haven't violated your non-disclosure and or the TOS agreement for Beta testers.

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DubDub
    You need to make sure you haven't violated your non-disclosure and or the TOS agreement for Beta testers.
    I not under any contract or what not. I wouldnt have PIN exposed like that if I was. I am still removing now my pin i feel someone will PIN me

EDIT: I left my pin alone except for 3 numbers.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got the 4.5 BETA update from a friend today. I have an 8820, i am going to try and upload this update later on today. I don't have a camera so I don't have that to look forward to lol.
    Nokia 5165> Nokia 6160> Nokia 7120>Nokia 6820> Motorola V600> Motorola V500> Motorola V551>Nokia 8290> Sidekick II>Motorola Razr> Motorola Razr (blk, pink,)> Motorola Razr Dolce & Gabanna Gold>Nokia 8800>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Black>LG Prada>Nokia 8800 Sirocco Gold>Sidekick III>Tmo Dash>BB 8320>BB 8820>iPhone>Tmo G1>BB 8220>BB 9530>BB 8900>MyTouch3G>BB 9630>BB 9550>Google Nexus One><BB 9700>Google Nexus One>BB 9780>BB 9810>BB 9900> HTC One S>HTC One S BLK> Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S4> Iphone 5s

Phone
    One Plus One
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Which exact OS number do you have?

Phones
    BB 9810 is primary
    BB 9810
    Verizon Motorola Km1
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dappervirgo
    I got the 4.5 BETA update from a friend today. I have an 8820, i am going to try and upload this update later on today. I don't have a camera so I don't have that to look forward to lol.

If it isn't an 8820 OS, I highly recommend that you leave it alone. You might have a brick after you try it.

Phone
    One Plus One
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I had the very latest edition of 4.5 on my 8320. It was 4.5.0.13 but I just downgraded back to the latest 4.2 cause I found the wifi to be very unstable. I did like the upgrades but not enough at the expense to the unstable wifi.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DubDub
    If it isn't an 8820 OS, I highly recommend that you leave it alone. You might have a brick after you try it.
    Thanks for that Tip. I did realize that after about 5 minutes lol

Phones
    G1
    RAZR2 V8, Sidekick III, T-Mobile Dash, MDA, SDA, Blackberry Pearl
    V330, V551, V600, V3 razr, V3x razr, ROKR E6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carsmovies
    I had the very latest edition of 4.5 on my 8320. It was 4.5.0.13 but I just downgraded back to the latest 4.2 cause I found the wifi to be very unstable. I did like the upgrades but not enough at the expense to the unstable wifi.
    I also couldn't send MMS over WiFi. I had to shut WiFi off in order to send them. Back to 4.2 for me.
    Wouldn't it be nice if your cell phone could dispense beer?

Phone
    GS4 GPE
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm installing 4.5 right now. I'm gonna play around with it a few days to see if I like it.

Phone
    • 3GS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    @tDAWG

"Battery Pull
    Every battery pull resets the customization to the orignal configuration"

just curious what experiences you meant by the above....reason I ask is that I have done battery pulls numerous times since the 4.5 beta was released and installed and haven't yet to experience any resets of my configurations aside from the "memory cleaner" icon disappearing and having to manually able it on the homescreen again....appreciate your thoughts and experiences by the way, thanks

Phone
    GS4 GPE
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwues1
    @tDAWG

"Battery Pull

just curious what experiences you meant by the above....reason I ask is that I have done battery pulls numerous times since the 4.5 beta was released and installed and haven't yet to experience any resets of my configurations aside from the "memory cleaner" icon disappearing and having to manually able it on the homescreen again....appreciate your thoughts and experiences by the way, thanks

I also have experience no resets so far. I did notice the device takes longer to restart after a battery pull a few minutes as a matter of fact. So far I'm really liking 4.5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carsmovies

I found WiFi to be somewhat unstable on many of the previous beta 4.3 OS versions. I haven't used WiFi much with the 4.5 OS but since it's beta I don't expect stellar performance. I will be comparing this OS to the previous 4.3 beta versions to see how stable it is.

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwues1
    @tDAWG

"Battery Pull

Well it has done since the first three battery pulls. But I am really watching my memory.. I start off with 15mb and hover around 10 -13 mb and at worst 4mb... I would do screen shots but I am lazy and jl cmder UI sucks arse.... Someone have a better suggestion for a screen shot software

Phones
    Touch Pro 2
    Bold 9700
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been playing with it. Big Let Down.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast