Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Glimmer Tips Tricks and Hacks

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Verizon (Now)
    Feedback Score
    I talked to Alltel again yesterday on an unrelated (billing) issue. I then asked if they were still on target for a 22 May 2008 release of the software update. I was told they were. I was also told that I would have to visit an Alltel Retail Store to have them install the software update. The software would not be available "over the air".

Phone
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho_maniac
    how do i reset my wap settings so i use the alltels wap....i got the glimmer from nfaze and he had the "free wap" and now i want to use the alltel wap and then decide if i want the free wap...or maybe i can get the free wap set up so i can use it?
    Menu - 0 - 000000 - WAP Setting - Reset Browser

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Alright i cant wait for the update. and the problem with my wap was the proxy settings were set to the wrong number... keep us posted if you get the updated software and how well it works of anybody gets it.

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsleeth
    I talked to Alltel again yesterday on an unrelated (billing) issue. I then asked if they were still on target for a 22 May 2008 release of the software update. I was told they were. I was also told that I would have to visit an Alltel Retail Store to have them install the software update. The software would not be available "over the air".
    but could you do the update in phone by doing this? Menu>Settings>Phone Info>5. Software Update ?

Phone
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho_maniac
    but could you do the update in phone by doing this? Menu>Settings>Phone Info>5. Software Update ?
    That would be over the air which he said will not work.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Verizon (Now)
    Feedback Score
    I am planning on being there Thursday morning when they open the doors to get the new software pagage loaded on my phone. As soon as I get it and test it, I will post the outcome for everone. If it doesn't fix the ringer issue, I will probably start looking into trading for a v9.

Phone
    LG GLIMMER
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Phone update

I just wanted to let people know that i just did the update over the air and i did not have to go in to an alltel store to get this done. it will fix the ringer but that is all i have found out it fixed. just wanted to let everyone know it takes like 5min or so for the update to go through.

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks jsleeth could you be specific on the update please like what is different and how it works? thanks. i just did the update over the air also...said its going to take 10 mins to do the actual update. everybody chime in on how they like/dislike the update.

i just did the update over the air also

well the ringer is kinda fixed i guess but the txt tone is still quiet if you have one for shorter then a couple seconds. if you have a longer txt tone it will work like the ringer. i think its actually about 4 seconds and then the ringer is at full volume.
    Last edited by psycho_maniac; 05-21-2008 at 03:32 AM.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Verizon (Now)
    Feedback Score
    By what I was told, the update wouldn't be available "over the air". I am instaling the update as I type this. This update is supposed to do three things:

1. "Fix" the escalating ringer by going to full volume after 3 seconds.
    2. Add a "chat-style" texting screen.
    3. Speed-up the loading of image thumbnails.

As far as I can tell, number 1 and 3 are done. I'm not a big texter, so I'm not sure on the texting part.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Verizon (Now)
    Feedback Score
    I went back and re-ran thru the update process, and the phone re-downloaded the update. There was no way to dismiss or delete the update package. There is, however, an option to schedule when to install the update.

NOTE: During the 10 minutes (actually olny takes about 5 minutes) all access to the phone, including emergency calls, will be disabled. The phone will first download the update, run thru two installs, reboot, then finalize the installation.

WARNING: Before updating "over the air", make sure you have a fully-charged battery. I'd hate to think what could happen if you ran out of power during the installation process.

Thanks Alltel, for the prompt attention to the ringer issue.

Phone
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I went back and re-ran thru the update process, and the phone re-downloaded the update. There was no way to dismiss or delete the update package. There is, however, an option to schedule when to install the update.

NOTE: During the 10 minutes (actually olny takes about 5 minutes) all access to the phone, including emergency calls, will be disabled. The phone will first download the update, run thru two installs, reboot, then finalize the installation.

WARNING: Before updating "over the air", make sure you have a fully-charged battery. I'd hate to think what could happen if you ran out of power during the installation process.

Thanks Alltel, for the prompt attention to the ringer issue.
    OTA isn't working for me. Any trick to it?

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Verizon (Now)
    Feedback Score
    After the update, I show (Menu, Phone Information, Version)

Software version: T83ATV05
    PRL Version: PRL 30031
    ERI Version: ERI 100
    Browser Version: 6.2.3.8
    Access Apps: 3.1.5.36
    AVR Version: mVoice 2.36.2
    MMS Version: L12.39R
    Bluetooth Version: Q506.01.17
    F/S: 6.0.6.3

I didn't check the versions before doing the update. I'd be curious which ones show an update. Could someone on the forum check their before and after versions to see exactly what is being updated.

I was glad to see that CellTop wasn't part of the update.

Phone
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    After the update, I show (Menu, Phone Information, Version)

I didn't check the versions before doing the update. I'd be curious which ones show an update. Could someone on the forum check their before and after versions to see exactly what is being updated.

I was glad to see that CellTop wasn't part of the update.
    This is what I have before the update.

H/W Version: Rev1.1

I still cannot get it to update OTA. Can anyone help me? It says its unable to connect to the server.

Feedback Score

Angry

I ran the update, my data shows the same as user posted above after update. On a down note, now when I go into my message inbox, the phone power cycles each time. Must be an added feature. I am not impressed with the Glimmer at all. I call cutomer service, they told me to take it to a retail store for a replacement.

Phone
    LG Glimmer (AX830)
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    After running the update I get the following software version:

T83ATV06

Notice the "06", unlike the posts above.

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 ... LastLast